1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer thread Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 13, 2015.

1. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

<laugh>

2. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

The media seem to think we've been having contract discussions, that implies he's been given permission to talk so we've probably got an agreed fee.

3. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was just thinking the other day that all our transfer business has been eminently sensible thus far, and that surely the fans were due some wacky left-field rumour to get us all salivating. I think this might well be it!

More reporting from a Portuguese language site, thanks to google translate. No idea of veracity or accuracy!

"
    The Norwich is the latest club to express interest in hiring Juan Quintero, who is looking for placement after being waived by Julen Lopetegui. The midfielder, 22, was placed by Tuttomercato site on the route of the English emblem, which has fierce competition from a host of Italians, with Genoa, Chievo Verona, Sampdoria and Palermo in a race to sprint.

The fact that a lot of people interested in Italy has to do with his time at Pescara, in the 2012/13 season, before arriving at FC Porto, where he spent two seasons with little brilliance.

Once you have purchased initially 50 percent of the pass for 5 million euros, the SAD dragons acquired the other half at the end of last year by 4.5 million. A global investment of EUR 9.5 million that the Dragons are now seeking to recover. The goal goes through the average yield, so that you can show up elsewhere."

4. ColkOfTheBarclay

ColkOfTheBarclay Well-Known Member

Why are the Dragons so SAD?

5. Nathan Barley

Nathan Barley Well-Known Member

6. RiverEndRick

EUR 9.5 million would convert to about £6.7m, which wouldn't seem out of our reach.

7. Forgot_My_Lines

Forgot_My_Lines Well-Known Member

8. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

9. RiverEndRick

You're right Rob. It would have been good, but there was bound to be competition from above us.

10. Forgot_My_Lines

Yes, I agree, it's a shame. I think it's good we are aiming high. I'm running out of ideas of CBs I would want. Can only think of player who would be similarly above us... Inigo Martinez, Nicolas Sule, Robin Knoche, Terence Kongolo....All probably unrealistic. Can't think of many British players we could get that would improve us.

Just thought of Fabian Schar, but He's moved this window to Hoffenheim. I really like Antonio Rüdiger, but again, maybea bit out of our league

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
    Nathan Barley, Canary Rob and Rich44 like this.

11. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

Being quoted that Palace want £10m for Dwight Gayle. Can't see us paying that for him.

12. Forgot_My_Lines

Don't know if he's worth that. I'd be happy if we had to pay about 7 Million at the highest.

13. Forgot_My_Lines

Seen on a rumor about us looking at Maxim from Stuttgart. I'm guessing if true, then it will be if Juan rejects us, as they are similar players. He's a great set piece and crosser, and great on the ball. Looks like we are looking for a creative Winger who can take set pieces. Swansea were heavily linked with Maxim last window.

14. DHCanary

Forum Moderator

I guess Redmond could do with more competition than Redmond offers, and Johnson and Brady are a different style of player on the left. Somebody who can add quality on either wing or through the middle would be interesting. Again, adds to a packed midfield.

15. Forgot_My_Lines

I have thought for a long while we need a really good set piece taker. Johnson can smack them, Wes can place if close enough, and Redmonds taken a few, but not sure about him either. We haven't had a player for a while who scores regularly from freekicks. Plus Quintero and Maxim are the kind of players who can create something from nothing, or jinx their way out of a corner. Juan is a bit more flair and speed than Maxim, but Maxim is more solid.

Am I the only one who thinks we should sound out a buy or loan move for Michu from Swansea? They are trying to shift him. I think he is class.

16. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

This rumour has be rumbling on for a while and was categorically denied last night by Ronnie Delia. I doubt we'll be signing him now but I do think there's some agents playing games in here somewhere.

17. RiverEndRick

Is Redmond having an identity crisis DH? :emoticon-0105-wink:

Seriously, I understood that Quintero is an AM who can also play wide rather than a winger as such. As for free-kicks, I thought that is one of Brady's specialities. He's scored some crackers.

18. Forgot_My_Lines

Ah yea, forgot about him. Yes, he looked decent against Brentford. Think with more than 2 days of him learning our tactics and players, we might connect with some of his balls.

Alan Pardew has said he isn't in for Fabricio Coloccini. Newcastle look to be getting rid of him. Is he worth a punt? CB options getting a little desperate now.

19. pottsy946

pottsy946 Member

Sunderland miss out on the relegation talisman after Fer failed his medical

K E M P, Walsh.i.am and Rich44 like this.
  20. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Strange that, he failed a medical at Everton before we got him!