1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer thread Summer 2015

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by Walsh.i.am, May 13, 2015.

1. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

Steady on there NB, I havent even mentioned Fer!

I don't disagree with you and Carrabuh on this, it just seems like you two post 'in tandem', that's all.

2. Canary Rob

Canary Rob Well-Known Member

Nathan is the poster formerly known as SN23, right?

3. Bath-Canary

Bath-Canary Well-Known Member

So was I

4. Tony_Munky_Canary

Tony_Munky_Canary Well-Known Member

Don't any of you take this seriously any more???????????????

5. pottsy946

pottsy946 Member

Just seen Sunderland are looking at Januzaj for a loan deal, just wondering if it could be worth us making a cheeky offer, as he could play well in the Hoolahan role, not personally a big fan of laons but this one could make sense

6. Nathan Barley

Nathan Barley Well-Known Member

Tandem ? Well he's at the front <laugh>

7. Norfolkbhoy

Norfolkbhoy Well-Known Member

I am honestly struggling with all the loathing of Fer on this thread. The bloke was a good player for us and nobody questioned his commitment to the cause when he was wearing yellow and green. Whilst the team were not good enough to stay up he and snod were deemed to be of Premier League quality by other clubs who bought them from us at a profit to NCFC which allowed us to invest in other players or hold onto other key players who are now part of the squad.

Fer had no loyalty to us and we had none to him. If the club had dug their heels in he could have been held on to but the deal was right for all parties. He kept his salary (and probably then some given QPR's mental wage policy) and stayed in the PL, QPR got a good player with sell-on value (I know that hasn't quite worked to plan) and we got a fair chunk of cash and made a profit on the deal.

When joining his new club he said how good they were. Shocker - fancy being polite about his new employers and their fans rather than saying how much he missed playing in Yellow and Green. I don't feel offended by anything he has said subsequently and I honestly wish him all the best for the future. If all he contributed to the club was an improved balance sheet and a season's graft then that is more than at least one other recent Dutch import I could name.

8. JKCanary

JKCanary Guest

I think people generally over-estimate the value of loyalty in football.

Canary Rob likes this.
  9. Canary Rob

Exactly - Howson is the perfect example of a fan not staying at his "boyhood" club. It doesn't bother me in the slightest.

Although Carrabuh - I am a bit bemused by your position because you reacted badly to Hoolahan's requests to leave when he wasn't getting game time, which I seem to remember most of us thought "fair enough" especially when he later signed a contract and got the game time. How was that different?

10. stilljaroldcanary

stilljaroldcanary Well-Known Member

No loathing from me
    Never rated him as I said overrated sick note give me Tettey any day
    Save the loathing for Quite Poor Results

Rich44 likes this.

11. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Crystal Palace FC ‏@CPFC
    AP: It's nice to see NCFC back. They do things the right way and are a great club.
    They have an exciting manager who hasn't put a foot wrong.

Sounds like he's been chatting to / learning from Hootun? :emoticon-0112-wonde

ThaiCanary and KIO like this.
  12. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

Didn't seem much like it

13. Rich44

Rich44 Well-Known Member

The point being made was that he's now doing the same to QPR serial deserter, it was largely a joke because of his comments which some appear to have taken too seriously. Tbh was he really a good player for us? Thought he was pretty anonymous most of the time BUT perhaps as with RvW that was down to Hughton & his tactics.

Anyway point was it was a joke at his expense at his comments about us & QPR.

Moving back on topic.....

14. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

I think Fer always had the ability to really command the midfield and drive forward. The trouble was he didn't show the effort or desire to want to do it often enough, and just appeared quite lazy. From what I remember he had little interest in tracking back after we lost possession.

15. JM Fan

JM Fan Well-Known Member

I think when the midfield was Howson, Fer and Tettey - they performed well together, but once Tettey got injured, it all went a bit downhill.

16. Canary Rob

Rich44 and KIO like this.
  17. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

18. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Canary Rob likes this.
  19. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Yes very good news about Howson! He doesn't get the credit he deserves but this shows how important he is to AN.

KIO and Canary Rob like this.
  20. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think we played against Stoke with that midfield, with Pilks, Snoddy and RvW ahead of them, and it worked brilliantly. If we'd been able to play like that consistently we'd have been fine. Unfortunately Johnson as a more limited DM wasn't able to replace Tettey in that system, and Fer had to sit deeper. Then we had even more injuries and it really went to pot.

At least this season I feel we've a formation that doesn't hinge on key midfielders. Mulumbu can cover Tettey, Brady for Johnson, Dorrans and Howson, etc.

That said, an injury to Bassong, Redmond or Jerome could cause us difficulties.