1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Thread Summer 2019

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by qprbeth, May 1, 2019.

1. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

I'm not often right, and there's still plenty of time for this to go wrong, so I'm going to enjoy this while it lasts.

2. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

What like most about having Hugill and Wells up front is that both players have something to prove so hopefully we can only benefit..
    Plus their experience should help the younger players develop.

3. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

Nahki Wells happy he 'made sacrifices' to return to QPR
    PUBLISHED: 11:30 16 September 2019

Dan Bennett

Nahki Wells scores QPR's third againsg Luton Town. Picture: Ben Gaby/TGS Photo

Nahki Wells is happy that he decided to make sacrifices in order to return to QPR and is eager to improve on a "mediocre" last season.

The forward scored his third and fourth goals of the season against Luton Town on Saturday, helping his side race into a three-goal lead.

Speaking after the game, the 29-year-old revealed he jumped at the chance to return on loan for the season when the opportunity became available and wants to repay the faith shown in him.

"I was really delighted that it became an opportunity," he said.

"I had to take a little bit of sacrifice for different things to come but I'm happy to be back. Sometimes you have to take sacrifice to be where you belong.

"There was no hesitation, the only problem was I never saw it in the horizon until the last second.

"I love it here, I got another chance to come back and I promise the fans will see the best of me in this shirt.

"That's the most important thing. It's not about being at Burnley, being in the Premiership with all the financial benefits from it.

"Ultimately it's about playing your best football and playing week in, week out and I've been given that opportunity so I just want to repay everyone."

Wells scored nine goals for the R's last season, seven in the Championship, as they finished 19th in the league table but is confident Rangers can finish higher this season.

The last two games have seen him start in a strike partnership with Jordan Hugill, something he is enjoying despite admitting he prefers being a lone striker.

He added: "A lot of people don't believe it but I genuinely like to play as a lone striker with creative players behind me but I still have that because we've got a formation that allows me to have another strike partner with creative players behind me.

"It's the perfect match. He ticks boxes that I'm unable to and I tick boxes (that he's unable to).

"We have a really good understanding of where to be and what's effective for the team so I'm enjoying it and I'm enjoying building a partnership that could potentially go on to be good.

"It's a long season and we're only going to build but to win three games on the spin gives us a good stead to stay near the top six which is where we deserve to be.

"Anything's possible, it's just about coming together as a squad, it's not always about money. Obviously money dictates a lot but off the back of what was, in my opinion, a mediocre season last season, I have a lot to prove.

"We had really good spells last season, let's not forget that. Going into Christmas anything was possible we just got in a spell that we couldn't really get out of.

"Losing became a habit but we just need to take each game as it comes and stay present, stay focused on the cause and not look too far ahead.

"We're playing with freedom, we're playing very attacking, attractive football and from a supporters' perspective, I'm sure it's a joy to watch.

"There's some things we need to improve on and we will continue to try and do that over the course of the season.

"(We need to) not get wrapped up in a promotion push and just go under the radar and continue to beat these teams that people believe we shouldn't."

4. YorkshireHoopster

YorkshireHoopster Well-Known Member

Fill your boots. And to think we were still fretting at the start of the season over the lack of strikers being signed. The difference between this and previous seasons is that we actually had some sensible planning with a manager who knew what he wanted and what limitations the Board had to work to.

Compare that to:

Mark Hughes. "Hey Kia. Who have you got for me. is he any good. Really. I'll have him"
    Harry Redknapp " Lovely jubbly. Come and sign for me for the umpteenth time. Usual terms Nice fat signing on fee? Course. 40% for you and 60% for me. Don't worry about the owners,. Got them in my pocket."
    Ian Holloway. "He's a big ugly lad who'll work his nuts off for me. His bird's not bad looking either
    Steve Mac. " Give me a young lad I can develop. **** son. That's no good, You need to go out on loan. I need men with experience. Dont' worry about the wages, we're desperate.
    Harry again. "Let's wait till the last minute of the transfer window. I can get you in then guaranteed. The owners will panic and sign anyone by then even you. Injured at the moment? Shush Don't tell anyone until afterwards."

And last but by no means least. "No don't want him. Never heard of him. Does he play FIFA 2000? I'm a good judge of character let me play a game with him.." Guess who?

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

The Mail claim we have invited an experienced Austrian international Keeper, Heinz Lindner, a free agent, for a trial. As Lumley has been dodgy and Kelly unimpressive, I suppose they have made it up.

6. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

I thought we had five or six keepers? Maybe the long term aim is to have eleven in a defensive formation...

kiwiqpr likes this.
  7. QPR Oslo

Don't help if none of them are good enough for the 1st team yet.

8. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

I think we've got to stick with Lumley, this is only his second full season at this level, way too soon to be writing him off.

NorwayRanger, Wherever and Ninj like this.
  9. Wherever

Wherever Well-Known Member

I agree with this, yeah a couple of costly mistakes, but if you look hard enough you’ll find everyone has made this, it all depends on who is flavour of the month. Last year it was get rid of Eze, that lazy lightweight, Hugill gets 5 in seven and he’s next for the chop. A bit of patience is needed. I am very happy with my team atm let ‘em grow

10. QPR Oslo

If we were to bring in a more experienced Keeper it doesnt have to mean we are "writing him off". Apart from the big mistakes which, all players make, he is continually very iffy on crosses. If we were to bring in someone better for a while it could save us some goals against, while Lumley works on what he needs to do better.

11. MelburnIAN

MelburnIAN Well-Known Member

12. Sooperhoop

Everyone is optimistic at the moment, winning games does that. The real test will come if we lose three or four on the bounce. The quality of play has definitely improved and it seems Warburton is actually doing his job coaching improvements into the playing side. I'll be happy when we reach 50 points, anything more will be a bonus...

Ninj, Steelmonkey, Uber_Hoop and 2 others like this.
  13. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Smithies would be ideal for this team at the moment. Lumley is nowhere near any penalty save. In fact I don't think he has saved one since he took over the gloves. And Smithies is left rotting on the Cardiff bench.

Liam Kelly is a tough choice over Joe Lumley right now. Difficult one. We need to build from the back and establish a solid foundation.

Ninj and Uber_Hoop like this.
  14. Totallyqpr

Totallyqpr Well-Known Member

Official: Chair has signed a new contract till 2023.
    Nice!

15. Quite Possibly Raving

Quite Possibly Raving Well-Known Member

16. QPR Oslo

Great news.

17. Steelmonkey

Steelmonkey Well-Known Member

nice to see.a good sense of humour...<laugh><laugh>

Uber_Hoop, Ninj and Tramore Ranger like this.
  18. Sooperhoop

19. N22hoop

N22hoop Well-Known Member

kiwiqpr, QPR999 and Ninj like this.
  20. Ninj

Ninj Well-Known Member

PAIR EYEING IKPEAZU
    Celtic
    and QPR have been scouting Hearts striker Uche Ikpeazu, Sky Sports News understands.
    The Scottish Premiership Champions were keen on the striker as Hearts reached the Scottish Cup final last season, where they lost to Celtic.
    While the Glasgow side are on the hunt for a new striker in the January transfer window, one source has told Sky Sports News that they are looking elsewhere than Ikpeazu.
    But another source claims Neil Lennon’s scouts have checked on the 24-year-old again this season along with Championship side QPR.
    Wigan, Bristol City and Derby are also understood to have had Ikpeazu watched in the last 12 months.
    The tall, strong centre-forward has scored 10 goals for Hearts since signing on a free transfer from Cambridge United in 2018, including two this season.