1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer window City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Red Alert, Jan 1, 2023.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Going to be big errr important err modest anybody seen a player at Leigh Delamare thumbing it with a can of natch, with a cardboard sign saying "I luvs City i do's"?

wings-of-a-crow likes this.
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Happy New Year Mate..<ok>

3. AshtonRed

AshtonRed Well-Known Member

No signings yet?, what are we playing at!! <laugh>

4. wings-of-a-crow

wings-of-a-crow Well-Known Member

normally we would be being linked with half a dozen players at this time of year,seen very little gossip ,as yet

5. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

media is totally confused as there doesnt seem to be any of NP's ex mates available .. he doesnt want Shakespeare as he might take his job or a rise up the table would show that Shakespeare is doing the job he hasnt been able to!.. ?

Supcon72 likes this.
  6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

My biggest concern in the transfer window is that any, or all, our crown jewels may go missing. I gather we are not in a advantageous spending position which means we will be looking in the bargain basement for unknowns or the unwanted and if that is really the case then the newbies had better get up to speed lickety split. Time is of the essence in our quest to stay in this division and we cannot afford passengers who won't pay their way as that could be disastrous. Nigel Pearson will not be leaving any time soon and so we have to trust his expertise to get us some good deals even though his day to day activity has created some criticism to say the least. No has-beens, old ones living on their past or new kids on the block that are still wet behind the ears please Nigel. Common sense and more dedicated players are what we need so over to you Mr. Pearson.

7. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

Our transfer business is kept very quiet and long may that continue

8. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Or, there is none to talk about?

9. AshtonRed

I imagine everything depends on whether we sell anyone, or we get a % of a sell, Brownhill etc, I imagine we’ve identified targets, but depends how much, if any, money we have to spend.

Red Robin likes this.
  10. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

11. Red Robin

Scott+ Semenyo on radars-

20 to 25 million let Scott and Semenyo go and rebuild-this would be the first time Nige would have serious money to spend-

Then we can see what quality arrives.The only players he spent money on Rob Atkinson and Tanner have both been good signings.

12. AshtonRed

So , continue to sell our best players?, I thought we’d decided this tactic hasn’t worked.

13. Red Robin

we need to rebuild through the first team.
    Only way is with raised funds.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2023
  14. AshtonRed

NP has decried our previous methods, why would he continue in the same manner?

Supcon72 likes this.
  15. invermeremike

Would someone remind me what we did the monies we got from Bryan, Brownhill et al and was any of it spent wisely? Honestly I believe that at some time, and it might well as be now, these two players are going to leave Ashton Gate, and if what has been reported is true then it will be a decent cash windfall. The current squad is boring and disorganized and needs an urgent overhaul to even stand a chance of making it work in such a manner that we will survive potential relegation. I just hope Nigel, if allowed to spend some decent cash, keeps his ship on an even keel and doesn't opt for the questionable players but rather someone who brings dedication and hard work to the team. The deals, if any, need to be implemented as soon as possible if we are, for a very occasion, dipping our toes into the future of Bristol City. Come on Nige we need you to put a better team together for all of us.:emoticon-0148-yes:

16. AshtonRed

If we are boring now, how do you propose we improve by selling our best players?. I understand we can’t stop players if they want to leave, but as long as we keep selling our best players I can’t see us improving. If we do sell them £20m doesn’t seem enough for the two, whilst championship revenue has decreased markedly since the pandemic, PL hasn’t, if PL clubs want our star players make them pay too notch.

17. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Teams that get promoted sell players. Bristol City bought lots of players costing tens of millions and made big losses meaning they had to sell the better players not just to break even but to carry on losing lots of money and selling players and cost cutting will have to continue because of it.

18. invermeremike

I understand your point Ashton about how can we get un-boring by selling our best players but what I wanted to say was how the heck can we move forward when we are constantly going backwards by having to sell our best assets. It appears that we have reached that critical point again where we are almost forced to sell off any crown jewels that are left just to pay the bills. I have felt for years that something in our business plan trips us up on too regular a basis and when Nigel arrived he told Lansdown, in no uncertain terms, that the current system was way off the mark and was totally unsustainable. That begs the question as to whether Lansdown actually listened to him and if so why are we still struggling, and is this the time for whatever action is needed to be implemented? The month of January should provide the real proof to show the supporters that plans have been put in place to ensure we have a competitive team, or will we suffer the same old porkies to take us nowhere again. The time for real action needs to be now and not just a suggestion for next season otherwise many will lose faith in the club and Lansdown.

19. realred1952

realred1952 Well-Known Member

City Players likely to go! free loan sold

Joe Lowe ..Walsall.....loan
    Chris Martin ...
    H N Massengo ...
    Tim Klose ...
    Andy King ...
    Alex Scott ...
    Antoine Semenyo ...
    Tommy Conway ...
    Dan Bently ...
    Cam Pring ...
    Ryley Towler ... £300k ? to Portsmouth
    Sam Bell ...
    Dylan Kadji ...
    Sam Pearson .... AFC Wimbledon on loan
    Ayman Benarous ...

Last edited: Jan 8, 2023
  20. invermeremike

That is not a transfer list but more like a cull and if most of them go we will need to be superb on the incoming side of the equation.