1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Travelling - Covid Rules

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by TopCat_, Sep 15, 2021.

1. TopCat_

TopCat_ Well-Known Member

Has anyone on here flown recently and done the pre flight testing etc?
    Trying to find somewhere that will do all the pre departure and pre-arrival testing in one transaction.

North Tyneside/Newcastle area ideally.

Every link I click on for Govt website seems to be centred around London

2. Confucius

Confucius Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 15, 2021
    TopCat_ likes this.
  3. Confucius

Just double check the entry requirements of the country you are going to. They vary a bit, some 5 days, some 3 days, some like Spain just proof of vaccination (I think)
    You will also need a negative test for the return, which our hotel arranged

4. Confucius

and one more thing, on your return to the UK, you will need to do the passenger locator form. This will ask you for the 2 day test reference number so make sure you have it with you, as you can only fill the form in within 48 hours before arriving back in the UK

5. Red n white Tractor

Red n white Tractor Well-Known Member

Living care group for the pre departure test. Cost £25

day two test done today through randox. £48

TopCat_ likes this.
  6. flandersmackem

flandersmackem Well-Known Member

I've been waiting for the UK government turning the UAE from Amber to green so I can get back and see my kids and grandkids. Haven't been back for nearly 2 years now...its starting to get to me now.

TopCat_ and Smug in Boots like this.
  7. TopCat_

Thanks mate. Going to Canada, so need negative test to get in (although I had it in July so only the wife needs the PCR test) then taking packs from Express Test with us to test before coming home. Just need to book Day 2 test for both of us and have the accounts all set up on Gov.uk for the passenger locater form

It's a right **** on

Confucius likes this.
  8. TopCat_

My Sister is in the same boat (albeit in Canada). She was last home Dec 2019 so us getting out there next month is going to be a huge boost to her

9. Confucius

Its a right mare. Our two day tests with Expert Medical were £28 each but it was highly efficient

10. TopCat_

The hardest part is getting information out of Canadian Border Control. They state that people who have "recovered" from Covid shouldn't take a pre-flight test (as it's likely to show up positive) but should instead provide proof of their positive test (as long as it was within 180 days)

So, I'm assuming the NHS App (and the pdf copy of my covid test) will suffice, but can I get them to give me a straight answer? Every response I get is a copy and paste job from their website :headbang:

11. Confucius

Mine was a last minute change from St Lucia to Barbados. We actually got tested when entering the country as the airport, no cost to us
    Looking at the requirements for yours I would suggest you are right. If you can provide a positive result between 14 and 180 days, then you can enter without a negative test

TopCat_ likes this.
  12. TopCat_

It's going to be worth all the hassle for a brilliant reunion, but I hope to God the rules are relaxed by next summer

Confucius likes this.
  13. Gromit

Gromit Well-Known Member

I had 10 days in Cyrpus (amber country) last month. Booked with Tui.

My son hasn't been vaccinated, so he had to have a pre departure PCR test (through Chronomics) and then a PCR when we arrived in Cyprus (local at the airport). We all had to take lateral flow tests 72 hours before returning (From Chronomics) AND book for day 2 return PCR tests. My son also needed a day 8 PCR test. Passenger Locator Forms had to be completed before we returned for each person. I had to have proof of all of these arrangements with also proof of our vaccinations. They were all checked at Cyprus before we were allowed to board our flight home. I saw one family refused boarding as they had not copies of the forms.