1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Trials

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Ron, Jul 26, 2019.

1. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not what you expected, sorry. The wife and Amanda have buggered off to England for 8 days with my eldest grandson (13) who his attending a 5 day Football Training and Trials camp. Amanda is working but the wife gets an 8 day holiday. Alright for some. Someone has to stay at home and look after all the animals. Guess who

Hope it is useful for him
    upload_2019-7-26_11-16-55.png

Last edited: Jul 26, 2019
    Rocky blue army likes this.
  2. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What an impressive place. There are lads from 55 countries attending, stretching from USA, Canada, Japan, Spain, Portugal ………

Day 1 completed and it went very well. The lads have brilliant attitudes and it's amazing how they all get on so well, so soon. Harry's report at the end will be by a Man U scout. That should be interesting

3. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

If he's that good can he sign up for wycombe wanderers or even spurs<cheers>

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

He's only 13 Rocky. Let's see what the scout's report says

5. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Trials finished yesterday and all will be on their way back this afternoon. Lots of learning, skill etc training and several matches (3 hours of matches yesterday with more scouts around). Harry got a glowing report from the Man U scout so he is over the moon. A L2 scout has been asking him a lot of questions. He is mainly defensive but he made some assists, hit the bar from outside the box and just missed with a screamer from outside the box on the volley, and headed the equaliser in his final game. Great experience for him and we are very proud of him. Can't wait to see the report and some videos

6. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's a small World

1. Better not tell greeny but Harry was being asked a lot of questions by a Plymouth scout
    2. Discovered today that the Man U scout is best friends with Beany

His overall grade was just below Premiership academy level for his age group (under 15). Wow. He's going back again next year to see if he has improved enough

7. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Man U coach has asked for some videos of him playing for his local team when the season starts here. He wouldn't be interested at this stage himself because Harry came out just below Premiership academy level (which is Level A - Harry was awarded B+). But he does recommend young players to other clubs. Pity Wycombe don't have a youth academy <laugh>. Very expensive apparently. At present, barring any misfortune, it's beginning to look as though professional football is the objective. Education first though

Wooperts_duck likes this.
  8. Wooperts_duck

Wooperts_duck Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Good luck to him Ron <cheers>

My 5 year old grandson loves his football, and has just attended a 2 day coaching session with Chelsea, held up in Essex where they live. He was awarded a medal for scoring the most penalties in his age group. He is very tall for his age (my son-in-law is 6' 4", and my daughter is 5'11" mind !) and he hopes to be able to attend another session to be held in the next few weeks. His Dad is an avid Arsenal fan - I suppose someone has to be :) but I have bought him a junior Pompey kit to wear to the next coaching session......

Ron likes this.
  9. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Great stuff. Best to start young

Wooperts_duck likes this.