1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Tuesday 26th. October 2021

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Oct 25, 2021.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Tuesday's Meetings

Curragh
    Flat 8 Races 12:40-4:40p.m.
    Catterick
    Flat 8 Races 1:00-4:55p.m.
    Chepstow
    N/H 8 Races 1:20-5:20p.m.
    Bangor-on-Dee
    N/H 8 Races 1:38-5:30p.m.
    Newcastle(E)
    A/W 7 Races 4:00-7:10p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races
    Sporting Life
    Racing Post

Good Luck<ok>

Resurgam and karlos5001 like this.
  2. LordGyllene

LordGyllene Well-Known Member

I like Honour Grey in the 3.05 Chepstow on his second handicap run. Last time out at Sandown last season there was a bit of market support (lost its left fore shoe during the race). Has shown promise before that run. Stable going well at the moment so looks worth an each way bet.

karlos5001 likes this.
  3. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Two bumpers today so I thought I'd have a bit of a look at them, just for a bit of fun and interest on a slow day at work ;):

1. Chepstow 5.20 Cazoo NH Flat Race (Conditionals/Amateurs)

An additional fact to consider here as this bumper is for conditionals and amateurs only, so we also need to think about the level of assistance each horse will get from the saddle when assessing the race. There have only been 4 renewals of this race and all 4 have been won by trainers within 50 miles of the course - Paul Nicholls (twice) Ed de Giles and Fergal O'Brien. Nicholls and O'Brien both have runners and Ditcheat inmate Henri The Second is an obvious starting point, given his trainer took both bumpers at the recent Persian War meeting. He is a half-brother to the yard's Enrilo and a couple of other winners so clearly warrants respect. Currently 3/1 fav but easy to back this morning. Next in the betting is Letthetruthbeknown who won a mares bumper at Cork before changing hands. The bare form of that win doesn't stand out though. Fergal O'Brien's horse Moot Court was 2nd in a point but the winner has shown virtually nothing since in 7 races and is officially rated 96. I was very taken by the way Hillfinch won on debut at Market Rasen but her 7lb mares allowance is negated by the penalty here and that didn't look the strongest of heats so she may find one too good here. The 11th richest man in Wales likes to have winners here obviously, and his Deere Mark is the one my pin has landed on. He is by new sire Pether's Moon out of an unraced mare who has winners in the family. His trainer Sam Thomas' bumper record in 2021 reads 2001133114 so he clearly knows what is needed in this sphere. The yard have had a couple of good winners recently (Stolen Silver and Before Midnight) and Jack Tudor is clearly a very capable young man. At around 6/1 I think he can go well here.

1. Deere Mark
    2. Henri The Second
    3. Hillfinch

2. Bangor-On-Dee 5.30 Trick Or Treat Open NH Flat Race

8 runners here with the Newland runner ruled out on a self-cert. The top 2 are the only ones with rules experience and Latitude is a good starting point. He won an Aintree bumper in May (going similar to today's) with the front 3 pulling miles clear. That was possibly a weak contest (although the 3rd placed horse subsequently finished runner up) and he may struggle to defy the penalty against some nicely-bred types. Gentle River finished a half-length second over C&D last November but that was on soft/heavy and the winner has done nothing for the form since. We are then into the rules debutants, although some have experience from the pointing scene, notably Tom George's Great D'Ange and Donald McCain's Largy Reach. Great D'Ange won a point on his 3rd attempt but the form has not really been tested. Largy Reach was 3rd in a point and the winner that day, Ree Okka, ran a race full of promise on Sunday when 2nd to Gelino Bello at Aintree. Current favourite is Olly Murphy's Dr Seb but I think that is due mainly to his price tage and the trainers record in this sphere, rather than the horse's pedigree. Cuddly Duddly makes some appeal on paper as he comes from a nice family and the yard do very well in bumpers. However, that bit of point form behind Ree Okka has made me plump for Largy Reach.

1. Largy Reach
    2. Latitude
    3. Dr Seb

karlos5001, redcgull and LordGyllene like this.
  4. Tamerlo

Tamerlo Well-Known Member

Hi Oddy. You never fail to cheer me up!<laugh>
    Quite a bumper pack of verbosity there!
    Oh! And if this is ‘a slow day at work,’ what’s a fast day like ?;)

redcgull likes this.
  5. OddDog

Staff Member

See my post from Sunday ;)

Tamerlo likes this.
  6. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

As Oddy has made the effort -

5:20

Sires ( all by % wins in NH Bumpers )

Hillfinch - 3 from 7
    Pageant Material - 14 from 76
    Henri The Second - 10 from 60
    Lethetruthbeknown - 60 from 615
    Moot Court/Nivlac - 46 from 492

Trainers

Nicholls 207 from 898
    Moot Court 74 from 478
    Nivlac 31 from 232
    Deere Mark 9 from 84
    Hillfinch 11 from 103
    Pageant Material 38 from 358

Jockeys

James Turner 1 from 2
    Lorcan Williams 6 from 36
    Liam Harrison 5 from 34
    Isabel Williams 1 from 10
    Caoilin Quinn 1 from 11
    Jack Tudor 4 from 52

karlos5001 likes this.
  7. NassauBoard

5:30

Sire

Dr Seb 6 from 21
    Cuddly Dudley 30 from 180
    Great D'Ange 15 from 98
    Horacio Apple's 2 from 15
    Rockinastorm 59 from 493
    Lattitude 60 from 615

Trainer

King Arise 8 from 33 - NR
    Dr Seb 43 from 180
    Cuddly Duddly 11 from 57
    Latitude 5 from 26
    Largy Reach 119 from 756
    Great D'Ange 53 from 396

What is interesting is Gentle River trainer is 2 from 8 at course with bumper runners. Largy Reach yard is 15 from 97 a their local track

karlos5001 likes this.
  8. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

Afternoon all,

Quite a few I fancy at Catterick today but with the extra places available I’ve gone to the place market with Skybet. My main selection today is MYBOYMAX 6/4, 4 places to make or break my day. Two runs at Catterick have yielded a 1 and 2 and I feel off bottom weight with a 7lb claimed on board he will at least run into the places.

9. Grecian Mick

Grecian Mick Well-Known Member

2.40 Catterick

10. TheDukester

TheDukester Member

Newcastle 6.40

True Mason 11/1

LordGyllene likes this.

11. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Don't have that much interest to go into such incredible detail on Bumpers, but compliments to the impressive amount of work put-in in the last few days or so by our very knowledgeable members. Well done, indeed! <ok>

So, for silly old me it will be Great D'ange in the Bumper at Bangor (17:30). Like the Tom George yard very much over all NH races, and the stable's very capable regular jockey, Jonathan Burke, takes the ride. Best price at around 15/2 at time of writing. Regardless of the eventual outcome here, will be looking at Bumper results with great interest over the next few weeks.

TheDukester and LordGyllene like this.
  12. OddDog

Staff Member

Close but no cigar is the summary, with both selections coming second.

At Chepstow the late vibes told for the Nicholls horse - he stood out in the paddock and there was late support for him. Deere Mark was well supported during the day and looked to be going well as he challenged 2 out but he was ultimately outstayed and well beaten by the Nicholls runner. First 2 in the wrong order for me and Hillfinch, who ran a strange race, stayed on for 4th,

At Bangor, Largy Beach drifted like a barge before the off but looked the likely winner 2 out. However he tired badly in the closing stages and was easily out-stayed by Gentle River, who had finished a good 2nd over C&D of soft/heavy a year ago - perhaps the ground was more testing than advertised? Dr Seb didn't look the easiest conveyance but ran OK in 3rd Horacio's Apple caught the eye staying on into 4th.

LordGyllene likes this.
  13. SwanHills

SwanHills Well-Known Member

Two good seconds, Oddy, you certainly are in top form at the moment. Whatever the stats indicate, Bumpers are notoriously difficult to predict? Stick's title of Bumper King is well-deserved as, as I just said, they're bloody hard!

OddDog likes this.
  14. NassauBoard

So it was trainers for courses at Bangor with Ali Ralph having the winner and the big Don having the second. Haven't seen the races yet, because just like when I go racing, I was too busy making for the early exit!