1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Tuesday Morning Reports.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jun 30, 2020.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

I can't be bothered to copy and paste all of these Tuesday morning reports in our local paper but they all describe the current state of our club under the Lee Lohnson regime, words like 'Problem' 'Shocking' 'Gone Wrong' ' So Frustrating' ' Kidding'...

DEPRESSING but read on.

Lee Johnson, Kasey Palmer and a problem that has been a year in the making for Bristol City
    The playmaker's lack of minutes has again come into focus following the Robins 2-1 defeat to Sheffield Wednesday
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/lee-johnson-kasey-palmer-problem-4274937

Benik Afobe admits Bristol City were 'shocking' on set-pieces and discusses wide role
    On-loan Stoke City man fronted up after Sunday's dispiriting 2-1 loss to Sheffield Wednesday
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/benik-afobe-admits-bristol-city-4275594

Bristol City behind the scenes: Lee Johnson, Tomas Kalas, loanees and what's gone wrong
    Our Robins writer's weekly fans forum.
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-reporter-fans-chat-4273858

'So frustrating' - Full Lee Johnson transcript after Bristol City lose to Sheffield Wednesday
    Every word from the head coach to the written press following 1-2 loss at Ashton Gate.
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/so-frustrating-full-lee-johnson-4273446

Bristol City fan view: Johnson is kidding himself if he saw signs of a winning run in Sheffield Wednesday loss
    The view of our man watching from home as the Robins sunk to a fifth defeat in seven Championship games
    https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bristol-city-fan-view-johnson-4273168

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The more I read it the more obvious what action should be taken but I would be suprised if the Lansdown/Johnson love affair came to an end.

3. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Palmer is the weird one. It was pretty obvious that LJ never rated him from his loan period, so why buy him? Was this pressure from MA to keep in Chelsea's good books? It smells like this one may have been forced on LJ to be fair.

The drop in form of Kalas and Da Silva has to be accredited to LJ's constant tinkering. He doesn't know his best back 4 and chops and changes after every game/mistake. Give them 5-6 games on the bounce to settle and get familiar again, same in midfield.

Reliant Robin TC2 likes this.
  4. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

CLICKED on Evil Post link and shut down not 606!!!!!

5. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

The Sheffield Wednesday game 'went' for them.
    Baker's header at 0-0 would have changed Wednesday's confidence as remember their run - 1 win in 11 games prior to Sunday.
    Their first goal happens 1 in a hundred.
    Bannon's shove in the box would have been a foul anywhere else on the pitch.
    I didn't watch the 2nd half.
    OK LJ's mad set up and tinkering didn't help our cause but it's tight margins.
    I think they looked like 2 poor sides.

6. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

I have often wondered over the years whether we have a backroom bogey man that upsets the apple cart and could be the reason why we suffer so much at times when team unity is of the utmost of concerns. The cheap options rarely get results and if you want to succeed, as we are told by the top brass, you need to hire the best available unless you are afraid of a person who has a track record of achievement at this level and higher. Try as hard as I might Lee was never going to be that person and I'm sure any potential successors might want to look long and hard at the way Bristol City do business and wonder "do I really want to join that kind of outfit". Dynamic is what we need to redirect the ship from the rocks of obscurity.

7. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

please log in to view this image

8. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

I've used this before and I know it's different times and all that, but during the season when City were promoted to the old 1st Division in 1976, they used 17 players in total!!

9. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Oh dear me, I was proud and there in them there days, what a feeling of pride when our team went out on that pitch, what a joy and uplift to see all of our magnificent players and manager leading them out onto the top grounds in England, I still shudder with pride now, have a tear of joy when watching old videos of those days, we were all in it together, had knowledge of the team, tactics and style of play ( 17 players only) and was made to feel welcome and part of it all.

Today, as we are told times have changed, why play 21 players in 7 days, 2 games only, I just don't recognise what is going on these days and honestly with this individual in charge that tear of joy, that sense of pride, that togetherness has gone, I read with interest the detail of games and still suffer the boredom and excuses, the miserable look of that dropped lower lip is a like a pain when you have been smacked in the face by a banjo full on, well rehearsed.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
  10. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

leeds Fulham wba Brentford have all played 17 …….. florest 18 in their first 2 games