1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic TV Shows/Movies Thread

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by swanseaandproud, Mar 18, 2017.

1. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

"Yours in my opinion ". That's your opinion, and you are of course welcome to it. Doesn't make me wrong, or you right. That's the beauty of opinions.

I know the locations, or most of them, and I recognise some of the people, but the film just makes Swansea people seem like neanderthals. Too much foul language. It's funny after a fashion, but the language gets in the way. A chance missed to make a real classic film. This one is really only fit for the dustbin.

In my opinion. <laugh>

Stereo and swantastic like this.
  2. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Fek off ! <cheers>

3. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

In my opinion, you can "fek off" as well. <laugh>

swantastic likes this.
  4. swantastic

swantastic Well-Known Member

Blue hat 2hat thas u that is <laugh>

Rhodthesod and neveroffsidereff like this.
  5. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Hot dogs for tea boys!!

Twin Town is my homesick film, love watching it and never tire from watching it.

It's not everyone's taste, but still my favourite film.

LIBERTARIAN and swantastic like this.
  6. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Can I like this 100 times?

Butter them up, you can't **** about with these!! :)

swantastic likes this.
  7. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Enjoyed this film,true story....

The Last Rampage...Gary Tison

8. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

" A Bronx Tale " .. excellent movie where DeNiro , a bus driver , competes for his son with a mob Boss , " Sonny " , to break him away from the lure of mob life . Pretty good .

Last edited: Sep 28, 2017
    Kwame B and 55282 like this.
  9. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

10. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Blade Runner 2049, incredible movie, the cinematography was beautiful creating a vast, claustrophobic, intense world I could spend hours just looking at.

I came out of the movie, bought another ticket and went strait back in to watch it again. Never did that before and my arse was like a rock when I finally came out of the cinema. Blade Runner 2049 in my head is already a classic of 2001 A Space Odyssey, my favorite movie of all time, proportions. A slow burner whose glow is going to last 'till the end of time.

Got so many questions but wont ask coz of spoilers but here's something to ponder. Is Blade Runner and Alien set in the same universe?

In Blade Runner 2049 - An 'engineer' from the movie Prometheus is seen in a jar, not a spolier.
    In 'ALIEN' - the Nostromo was directed to the planet to 'investigate/contact' the xenophobe by the company, WEYLAND-Yutani Industries.
    In ALIENS - terraforming colony set up by the company, WEYLAND-Yutani Industries.
    In ALIENS Vs PREDITOR - founder of Weyland Industries quoted to be a Charles Bishop WEYLAND whose 'likeness' was used to create the android named Bishop in Alien/s.
    In Promethius - see image
    upload_2017-10-21_12-26-6.jpeg

This is image is taken from Prometheus set in the Alien universe, yet it is referencing things that occurred in the Blade Runner world

"Literally blew up in the old man's face" could reference Roy Batty crushing Tyrells skull in original Blade Runner movie. In the Blade Runner world Tyrell Organization went bust after the blackout to be replaced by Weyland Industries, referenced above in the Alien universe. Weyland Industries went on to develope a more complicit replicant, the one we see in Blade Runner 2049.

Ridley Scott involved as either director or producer of
    Alien, Prometheus, Alien covenant
    Blade Runner, Blade Runner 2049

I reckon the Alien Universe is the future of the Blade Runner world.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2017
    DragonPhilljack and seabreeze like this.

11. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Watched the new Walking Dead episode this afternoon - very good, wasn't all dragged out like the last season.

12. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Sshhh Stereo.

It's on Fox in 20mins. Last season was boring so hopefully all hell breaks loose this season.

:)

13. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

Jungle

14. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

The Man With The Iron Heart

15. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

Going to give " Vikings " another chance starting tonight . Maybe didn't give it enough of a chance first couple of episodes , a lot of friends say it's fantastic so maybe I'll give it a 2nd chance at a first impression of sorts

swantastic, Stumpy and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  16. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I agree, no wonder the rest of the UK thinks Wales is full of idiots. I laughed at a few of the things, but mostly cringed my way through it.

17. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

By the way - I'm loving the new Star Trek - it's been very intense every episode so far. The Klingons are way more menacing than they've ever been.

The girl who played Sasha in the Walking Dead is the lead.

5 Stars from me.

Stranger Things 2 starts on Friday as well. Can't wait. So much good TV around this month.

swantastic and Rhodthesod like this.
  18. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

It is good Breezie but I wouldn't say its fantastic, enjoyable yes, but its not in the same league as Lord of the Rings or Game of Thrones. Try watch it without the expectation of other peoples view of it, like a new show based on the Viking Saga of Ragnar Lodbrok. Its about the history of the Vikings with plenty of Artistic license and tells the story of the Vikings from their point of View.

seabreeze likes this.
  19. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

On the surface it would appear that Discovery is about the journeyof an androgynous protagonist responsible for starting a war that slaughtered billions of inhabitants of a universe, all caused by a tiny pique of rage. Its the story of how Michael loses then finds herself in a disproving universe which will eventually come to love her. The scales may be bigger but its a simple story of redemption, yada yada yada, boring crap,.

But stick Discovery into the Star-Trek Universe and bingo, the story becomes an intense, interesting tale with a huge space opera scale backdrop that's taken 50years to build. Then it moves from a tired old tale into one that keeps you guessing. Michael, Spocks Sister? The dodgy Captain, is he a good guy? are all the Klingons bad? pollen drive wtf? and when is Michaels room mate going to get shot in the face?

That is the one thing that pisses me off, Michaels' dopey fekkin room mate. What is the point of her, the sooner she dons a red uniform to go on a dangerous away mission the better.

As part of the Star Trek franchise its a bit out-of-time and out-of-place with the technology Discovery has being far in advance of any found on a Star Trek ship from Enterprise to Voyager but it doesn't really matter. It makes it stand-alone, a separate story but which occurred in a familure setting. Its like Discovery is out side of the Star-Trek loop but it works.

Looking forward to Strange Things 2 too

Last edited: Oct 24, 2017
  20. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I actually prefer Vikings to Game of Thrones - although I love GoT as well. Lord of the Rings, never really grabbed me - I watched all of the movies, but never a second time.
    Still - Homeland is my favourite of all. Can't wait until Jan when the new season starts.

And to be honest - a 45 minute episode of any of the above is way more entertaining than anything we've seen at the liberty this season. I don't feel depressed and hopeless after an episode either.

Stumpy likes this.