1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours Two Loans

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Plymborn, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

6 more wins should do it i reckon.. Northampton only need 2/3 and they will be up..

2. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Perhaps those that you describe sensible are that breed of typical small minded plymothians who will always moan about things but not actually do anything about it i.e leave it for someone else to fix/develop and take great enjoyment in sniping when things don't go to plan?

as far as your comment about accrington goes, they are now owned by a local millionaire (made his money in plastic boxes). he is building them a new 'grandstand'(small but perfectly formed) and also bankrolling the day to day running costs of the club. He doubts the attendances will improve but has supported the club since he was a lad. So far we dont seem to have any plymouth millionaires queing up to buy.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep lets blame it all on the locals as usual. I haven't come across the lyndhurst building yet but don't let me stop you. Just because somebody complains doesn't make them small minded or typical anything. It's easy to throw insults at people who complain but a lot more difficult to justify the lord and master they are complaining about. The small minded have paid their good money for the last 5 years for nothing much in return. The same small minded people have put money in buckets to support stuff the lord and master won't. He has to be shamed into doing something about the memorial bricks for example but still wants "volunteer" to do the work his club got paid for originally. The small minded people coughed up to pay back early loyal staff who the lord and master wouldn't pay until he had to. He should be grateful to the small minded who have continued to pay money to support his business through it's darkest hours when it would have been easy for them to turn away. Given the fare on offer who could have blamed them.

For Accrington lets substitute Wycombe and if not good enough lets chuck in Crawley or Dagenham (yes I know they may not be in the league next term). They haven't all got millionaire backers prepared to put their millions in the pot but they survive on a lot less revenue than we get and manage to afford bigger squads. Now I don't know what Adams has asked for or if he has been refused anything but I do know the lack of cover has probably cost us points.

If we manage to grasp despair in the end from the jaws of euphoria given where we have been all season then somebody is to blame. The people who are definately not in the frame are the local population who will rightly moan and moan for England. As I'm supposed to do something positive rather than have negative thoughts I'm going to dig my old boots out of the shed and take them with me on Saturday. I'm a winger with no pace these days but I am prepared to do my bit. And no there isn't a "h" missing from winger.

4. lyndhurstgreen

I dont have the wherewithall for the 'Lyndhurst' building , but then again I dont spend my time moaning about things I have little or no control over. I think you may have missed my point-or at least risen to the bait.No one is decrying the efforts of those loyal fans but from what you are saying, they demand success in return. JB clearly hasnt got the financial clout to buy his way out the division and deliver that success on a plate, but that doesnt mean its his fault.To go back to old arguements, what is the alternative i.e who would you rather have as the 'Lord and Master'.

i suppose what I am saying is that I dont understend why/what people are complaing about and what they hope to acheive?

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The blaming game for PAFC's present position will not help us get over the finishing line.....finishing third is so important......winning the play-offs will I feel not be an option if we drop out of an automatic promotion spot for the first time this season.

I have said already that it is down to Derek Adams to start earning his crust now.....anything other than promotion will be a failure and will break up this team....if we have to endure another season in this division.

6. lyndhurstgreen

Exactly Plym, the way people have been going on you would think we were about to go out of exsitance. We are still 3rd and our destiny is in oir own hands. I agree-I dont fancy the playoffs, so it is up to the players, DA and the fans to all pull together. Not sure if not being promoted will be classed as failure but it will be a massive missed opportunity.

7. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Sensible I don't mean to get at you but what you've said about Brent failing to complete what you see as a personal commitment to the grandstand is wrong and a very dangerous concept.

In all cases, businesses, and PAFC is a business, like it or not, have to keep such projects under review and as soon as they look unviable, stop. The alternative is just to throw money down the drain. It must never be full speed ahead and damn the torpedoes.

That's exactly what EDF is doing at Hinkley Point is it not? I suspect it's exactly what Network Rail/GWR will do in relation to improved SW rail infrastructure. It's exactly what the Government did to the Nimrod replacement project when it became a money pit.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
  8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The grandstand was the be all to end all in Brent's eyes when the plans were on the table. Had to happen or else everything in the World would end. It turned out to be a very one sided deal for Brent with almost every bit of revenue heading his way. It fell over because he fell over as he has with every other project in Plymouth he has been involved with. Never a concept that the original plan was a bad plan because it was the only one according to him. I actually don't want him to complete the grandstand. One because it will turn out to be a matchbox size and two because whatever he produces the club will be paying for for years.

You are the one who said that people left everything to others to fix/develope lyndhurst. Never mind they don't own the club or have the financial clout. But they didn't make a committment to fix something did they. All they have done is put their hands in their pockets and support the club as best they can. Is it really too much to expect something from the owner of the club? In answer to your question who would I rather have well almost anyone really as I don't think Brent is going to do much for Argyle and I do not believe he was "the only one" at the time of Administration either. Given the performance of the Admin people I think they just took the first one who came along because they as sure as hell didn't put any work into finding anyone else from where I'm standing. They were all like Vultures picking at the carcass that was Argyle. In that I include the Admin people, Risdale and in the end Brent himself who saw an opportunity.

But, automatic promotion will do nicely and will go along way towards settling the revolting peasants. The peasants pay their money to the fine gentleman though so if it doesn't happen then there will be trouble at Mill.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Sensible, i think you dont like Mr Brent? :emoticon-0146-punch:emoticon-0146-punch Hope he is not reading this tonight..

I see accrington are winning and now only 2 points behind us.. We need to get a winning streak going starting saturday.. As the games are running out... I will be gutted if we dont go up automatically..

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have no feeling on any personal level for or against Brent as a person Joe. It's what he does or doesn't do with Argyle I concern myself with and I don't believe he is this wonderful person some make him out to be. Cold, calculating and does nothing for nothing despite his "Plymouth should have a football team " bullshit speech a few years back. If the profit column was worse than the debit column we wouldn't have seen him for dust Civic duty or not. I genuinely believe there would have been an alternative out there even if I cannot name one.

It was a draw in the end so stop worrying.......

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Accrington attracted 1403 to their match tonight......their bloke must have pretty deep pockets.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see John Sheridan has taken Charlton's Tareig Holmes-Dennis on loan again.....don't remember him setting Plymouth alight whilst he played for us.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not really a transfer this......It seems that Tyler Harvey is being recalled back from Bath.

Does that mean that Reids season might be over ?

Adams problem is that he cannot play all his loanees without breaking the rule on how many can be in your match day squad.

Thats the problem of a small squad....but would we have preferred more players of a lower standard than a few quality ones on higher wages.....it's a gambol....and unfortunately for Adams injuries have made it back fire.....Nardiello hasn't really had a chance because of the ruling.

One less loanee to worry about.....Oscar Threlkeld's loan period finished on April 9th....will Nardiello get in the side if Threlkeld's position is taken by an Argyle player....who knows....and does it matter anymore....I think our players have lost the mind game....at the same time that other teams have stepped up their promotion push.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Story is that Nardiello walked out of the club. Don't know why or what happened but that is the story.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Cant blame him,, hope fully walked back to Excretia :emoticon-0102-bigsm

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There are reports that PAFC will try to bring in Jamille Matt full time in the summer when his Fleetwood contract expires.

Matt has scored four goals in his nine games for the club.

Motherwell and Crawley are both interested in signing the player as well.

17. notDistantGreen

The point was made in the WMN (I refuse to accept it's been digitally subsumed into the Herald) that Matt plays much better as one of a pair of strikers than her does alone. Please take note Mr. Adams.

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I find this story to be a little ironic to be honest. Here is a player that isn't ours being talked about as getting a contract or rather we would like to give him a contract. Yet, there was a story in the Herald the other day saying Argyle Stars will have to wait to be offered contracts for next season. I just don't get why they are leaving some of these offers so late. As soon as the season is over they will be off on their hols and we will be in limbo once again over who we will have next season if any of them. This is like last season when we collapsed into nothingness promotion wise and then had to wait ages to know who we would have this season. Repeat as with the promotion collapse and signing players once more. I just don't think Brent has any understanding of football matters like this. We appear so amateurish.

19. notDistantGreen

I see no reason why all of the contracts need to be awarded at the same time. Hard on some but it's a tough old world.

There are surely a handful we know we want in this league or the one above: McCormick, Nelson, McHugh, Carey, Wylde and Reid come to mind immediately but there may be others. What's wrong with trying to tie them up now if they aren't already and sorting the others out later?

The loan players are a bit more complicated.

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Bury have already released Daniel Nardielo.....so surely that means Adams will not be using him at all if he is now not on loan.