1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

U18's and U21's for season 2022/3

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by John Ex Aberdeen now E.R., Jul 2, 2022.

1. tigermaul

tigermaul Well-Known Member

3-2 poor rugby tackle in box pen

2. tigermaul

Nearly 3-3 keeper saves 1 on 1

3. tigermaul

Hanging on

4. rovertiger

rovertiger Well-Known Member

That's how a City goal usually effects me too. <cheers>

Ernie Shackleton and tigermaul like this.
  5. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Can you believe that....95 minutes... 3-3

6. tigermaul

7. tigermaul

4-3 Millwall

8. tigermaul

Has been all Millwall in extra time

9. cheshireles

cheshireles Well-Known Member

3 goals conceded....is Shota managing the U 21's today?

10. M88 EVN

M88 EVN Well-Known Member

Sellars OUT!

NewcastleTiger likes this.

11. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Pallet wood
    Get in

TwoWrights and NewcastleTiger like this.
  12. tigermaul

There wasn’t a lot of signs of him trying to inspire the troops. He hardly talked to them at full-time or extra time half-time. But we absolutely should have won this game by killing it off in the first half, when we were so in control it was unbelievable. Instead we let a soft goal in before half-time. Once Millwall equalised there was only one team in it. We were gash in extra-time. Nevertheless, a great effort over the season. Despite letting in four, keeper Fisk was possibly our MotM. Some fabulous 1 on 1 blocks.

13. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Well, that is a disappointment, went to bed just after we went 3-1 up and thought we would see it out. Reading the comments. it seems either heads went down or Millwall were fitter than us?

Nevertheless, good season, and they will probably learn a lot from that type of defeat, they clearly have to learn how they see a game out.

P.S. It seems they are starting to play in the same style as the first team, which is good to hear.

14. jhe10

jhe10 Well-Known Member

For about 75 minutes we were hugely better than them, played nice possession football building from the back, looked like scoring every time we got near their goal. By contrast they hoofed it upfield and it was very hard to see how they got to the play-offs. Their first two goals were bad mistakes from us, although the first was a deflected bobble and bounce over the keeper after he made an excellent save.

Jarvis was the best player on the field, with the ball, his problem might be that without the ball he's a bit close to Ebiowei territory. Woods and Jones also looked first team ready (probably L2, but I wouldn't mind seeing Woods get plenty of pre-season time to see if he might be capable of a Vaughan style step up. The full backs Leake and Nixon looked good, particularly going forward (and Leake was the one who gave away the stupid penalty, but it was no worse than a few of Greaves' signature grabs). Alfie Taylor was mostly good, but another one who probably needs first team football in non-League to get a bit of experience.

Wondered where Palit had come from, it was a tidy debut and he looks like he fits the mould of how we want to play, comfortable on the ball, left footed playing on the right.

In case anyone wondered what the day time Millwall supporters would be like, as I arrived I passed one in the car park who was on the phone to a mate who had already parked there.
    'Ere mate, 'ave you got any deodorant in the motor? Cos I'm sweating like a ****.'

15. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

It's a pity they couldn't see it through, but certainly will be a learning curve for them. I heard there was one City fan who struck up a solo of "You've been mauled by the Tigers" when it was 3-1, it didn't happen to be you, was it?<laugh>

Real ale tiger likes this.
  16. TIGERSCAVE

TIGERSCAVE Well-Known Member

Harry Wood has been offered a new contract... hasn't signed it... lots of clubs hovering...

17. tigermaul

No that was me, John. Just trying to liven the atmosphere -- but perhaps it was tempting fate. Sorry! As you can imagine, I got plenty back in return, most of it good natured. Including 'Mauled by the Lions' when they went ahead. There was one guy who was a bit nastily snarly when I was leaving via the car park. Generally, though, it was all very friendly and I chatted to some other Millwall fans on the way out. I tried to encourage others to sing 'Jimmy Simms, get's the ball ... scores a goal' a la John Eyre but there wasn't a lot of interest. And he didn't score a goal.

As others have said above, I thought Wood was class. Jones also looked very good first half. I think it was a combination of Millwall possibly being fitter and stronger, us not being clinical enough in that first half when we were so superior, and then having to abandon what got us into the good position in the first-place (ie Rosie ball, though it led to some very hairy moments) as we tried to shut them out and then chase the game. Green was very good on the ball but possibly a bit small for the position he's playing? Fisk made some brilliant one on one saves, really very special ones when goals looked certain, and very calm on the ball (to a nerve-shredding degree - and actually some of the passes he chose were near suicidal, but I guess that's the nature of the risk and reward). Jarvis did look a class above, scored a fabulous goal, but did seem a bit miserable somehow, and sat alone at the extra time half-time break, or full-time break. Anyway, first U-21 game I've been to and I really enjoyed it. Just a shortish hop for me from west London.

18. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Will Jarvis been offered one too, not sure if he will.

tigermaul likes this.
  19. Shark Sports

Shark Sports Well-Known Member

Seems odd that they wouldn't be staying as they've been given 1st team minutes. If I was them, I'd sign. Pre season under Rosie is going to be a massive opportunity and worst case they can go to Shelbourne and get decent minutes playing in a style they're used to

NewcastleTiger likes this.
  20. NewcastleTiger

NewcastleTiger Well-Known Member

Not sure he’ll take it, I think he’d easily be picked up by a league 1/2 team in summer