1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Ukraine

Discussion in 'Watford' started by andytoprankin, Mar 12, 2022.

1. yorkshirehornet

yorkshirehornet Well-Known Member

The Russian consideration of human rights is abominable........

2. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

It's shocking. They don't seem to value human life at all...

Another day, another attack on civilians

Yet some posters on this website claim Ukrainians are lying and the Russians are there to help ffs. Tens of thousands of dead civilians, hundreds of dead children, 10s of thousands of people with life-changing injuries.

duggie2000 likes this.
  3. yorkshirehornet

I see that Musk is now limiting access to his starlink satellites .

People like him really should not have such power.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2023
  4. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

please log in to view this image

5. yorkshirehornet

Strong message of support to the people of Ukraine with the visit of POTUS to Kyiv today....

..... Interesting a day after the US warn China of the dangers of arming Putin's war. China refute this and ostensibly this week's visit to Moscow by Wang Yi, top diplomat.. is to talk about finding peace....... I hope so..... escalation will drag more and more countries into this war

6. Bolton's Boots

Bolton's Boots Well-Known Member

7. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

So one of the Russians involved in the fake Donbas revolution has admitted that it was a Russian-led operation. He then suspiciously died in a bombing in a Wagner-owned café during a pro-invasion speech. Mysteriously all the CCTV was down in the area so there's no trace of the person accused of the bombing receiving the package.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  8. oldfrenchhorn

oldfrenchhorn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seeing as this thread is available, it makes sense to use it, so I have brought it up to page 1 with this post.

yorkshirehornet likes this.
  9. Bolton's Boots

"Russian forces are plying "disposable" troops with drugs and launching them into suicidal missions against Ukrainian positions."

I find it increasingly difficult to know which side to believe, not to mention trust the media to report truthfully - but if this is true I really don't understand how anyone can be on Putin's side in this conflict, even his own people. Utterly despicable.

https://www.lbc.co.uk/news/disposable-russian-troops-using-drugs-ukraine/?s=03

10. colognehornet

colognehornet Well-Known Member

The use of drugs in warfare is pretty well established BB. All sides were using them in World War 2 - the Wehrmacht were using so called Panzerschokolade, which was, more or less, crystal meth and the US military were using massive amounts of amphetamines, as they were also in Vietnam. The list of drug use in warfare is endless and most wars are followed by a programme of dealing with the resultant addicts - I think you'll find that the Ukrainians are probably using them as well - but this won't be broadcast in the same way.

11. Bolton's Boots

Having a few friends in Australia who fought in Vietnam, sometimes alongside US troops, I was aware that the yanks were big drug users - but they were more 'recreational' and/or performance enhancing. Am pretty sure that the performance enhancing element applied to the Wehrmacht too, but will stand corrected.

I'm certainly not aware that any other country deliberately drugged their own military and sent them into battle under pain of death, from both sides, the way that article describes.

12. colognehornet

13. Hornet-Fez

Hornet-Fez Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put anything past putin. I would be flabbergasted if drugs weren't used on the front lines in any army either as a fear suppressant, some sort of aggressive enhancement, or as a relaxant. Personally I'd want to be stone cold sober. Easy to say from an armchair.

andytoprankin likes this.
  14. Bolton's Boots

15. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

It is being reported that with the destruction of Nova Kakhovka dam, no water supply for Crimea is possible for years. If as widely believed it was Russia that blew the dam, (it makes no sense to suggest that Ukraine would have done this) then one has to assume that retreat from Crimea is now part of the Putin master plan.

16. Hornet-Fez

Scorched earth retreat, russians are famous for that, though unlike with Napoleon or Hitler, the emphasis and reasoning are different in that they're not intending to regroup and come back for the land anytime soon. I think they know that, barring a monumental cock-up, they are about to get their arses royally kicked. I think they will want to make it as financially expensive for Ukraine as possible to put their country back together again.

17. Hornet-Fez

Like a jilted lover: If I can't have her, no-one can...

18. colognehornet

Water is indeed a sensitive theme for Russian-Ukrainian relations Frenchie. Both countries blame each other for what happened, in both cases without providing any evidence. The north Crimean canal which flows from this provides 85% of Crimea's water supply and the canal now has less water than before the blast. The canal had previously been blocked by Ukraine, which led to acute shortages on the peninsula after 2014, shortages which only ended following Russia's seizing of the canal in February this year. Prior to this Putin had held frequent meetings on how to alleviate Crimea's water problems. At the moment there is no evidence on either side but Ukraine at least had the motives for this. Suggestion that this implies a scorched earth policy by Russia, indicating their imminent retreat come over as wishfull thinking and not much more than that.

19. oldfrenchhorn

Forum Moderator

I think that we have known for some time that blowing up the dam was a possibility. It was shown by tests that a missile strike wouldn't destroy it, and all reports say it was an internal blast that broke it.

please log in to view this image

20. Toby

Toby GC's Life Coach

The russians have spent the day firing at it to maximise damage (all the turbines and pumps are destroyed) and have also flooded the road to Kherson in the south. The water levels were raised to a record level behind the dam (they closed the release gates) just before the explosion overnight. The Ukrainians have no incentive to flood their own lands and threaten their people, along with the fact that a missile cannot cause the levels of damage it took to destroy it. The russian puppet in Crimea has proudly announced that they have multiple water reservoirs to keep them going.

There are also multiple videos on russian Telegram channels of them gloating about drowning Khohols. The floods stop any potential attacks over the Dnipro and billions in damage.

How anyone can be stupid enough to think it's not a russian act of aggression baffles me.

Hornet-Fez likes this.