1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Unfortunately vs Citeh

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Doc., May 7, 2021.

1. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

It's suspect

2. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

It's the only way they could possibly shoehorn Joelinton into the team
    play him against the champions elect - no worries here as he would not be expected to do much any way
    but also play him against 2 relegated teams where he may have a chance to do something
    shop window fitting ??

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  3. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Yep, this is the kind of news we should expect from Ashley's Newcastle once safety is confirmed. I'd be just as surprised to see Maximin play again. None of them want to play for Bruce, none of them want to be in a perpetual relegation battle. We'll be selling just to balance the books/pay off Mikey's loan. Hence why we've handed out a contract to a useless lump like Gayle, because we've literally got no other choice. Willock on loan? No chance, and we certainly won't have £20m to spunk on him.

Well, either way, I'm out. I promised I'd give up without a takeover (of any description, didn't have to be oil money) and I don't intend to watch another second of the Bruce, Ashley and Charnley show. Safety hasn't confirmed any takeover interest, Mike's only interest is clawing money in and we will remain in purgatory - you'd have to be ****ing mental to want to watch this ****show again next season.

4. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

I actually think that Craig hopes an arsehole tbh and I'm beginning to realise that the nufc fan base and media are actually their own worst enemy.

It's like a disease of negativity.. It doesn't matter what the reality is they keep pushing the hate.

Steve Bruce has kept nufc up and we've done pretty much what we a would've expected from rafa or any other manager.

Mike Ashley has spent 100 million on players over the last 2 years and only sold one player who had a release clause.

Things are better than before we got relegated.

I honestly hate to say it, but I think there's a mental issue in the fanbase... Its no wonder everyone hates us because they can see the reality....

Nufc fans are just pissed off, they're 14 years into an argument and 2 years into the bruve out campaign... The fact is they've been proved demonstrably wrong and rather than just say fair play Steve bruce we were wrong they're continuing to kick and scream.

It's poor imo

Now the media are going to call them out and they'll go at them and tap dance around the reality finding all kinds of pointless arguments.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
  5. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

There’s an argument to say that the 100m spent was because of the lack of net investment the previous 3 years. Please remember that the 100m spent is not him putting money in the club. It’s money the club already had.

Look at the investment in the stadium and facilities. None.

magpie290761 likes this.
  6. Prince Isak (GG)

I also think you are neglecting the fact that we are worse off currently than we where when Bruce took over.

There has been no progress. We have retracted. As a fan base we want the club to do better: what’s wrong with that?

Ignoring the takeover we have been in perpetual decline for 14 years and that’s Ashley’s fault.

The last 2 years is just getting closer and closer to the breaking point.

Bruce lauds the plaudits when he wins a game or two and slags off the fans.

When he loses or draws games we should probably be winning he blames everyone else but himself.

He’s taking credit for hiring Jones. Fair enough. But that in itself is an admission of his own failure. That he needed someone else to sort things out.

Is that good management? Possibly, but it’s admitting things where failing to start with.

7. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

So what? I couldn't give a **** about facilities I want good players and entertainment mate

We've actually got some decent players compared to Marlon harewood and kuqi.

The reality is that Mike ashley has actually done better since we went down and he agreed to sell the ****ing club didn't he? He's now fighting to get it done isn't he?

The fans including myself were wanting bruce out and banging on about 2 wins in 20, they were adamant we'd go down if not sacked and guess what the club got it right! They kept him and we've done very well since...

It's sometimes just too hard for people to say fair play I was wrong, but im happy to say that because it's simply true... Its not hard and it makes you look better.

Steve Bruce has done fine and we DID have covid and it DID cause problems, we DID struggle without our best players and as Bruce said all along WE WERE fine once we got our best players on the pitch

What am I missing?

The facilties argument?
    The style of play argument?

Facilities... He was selling the club anyway ffs

Style of play... Years the fans said all they wanted was a hard working side! Rafa have them exactly that and they reverted to saying they wanted to lose 4 3 and be entertained!

Right now we've got Bruce and Jones and we're doing fine!! Our last goal was a 16 pass move vs 4th place Leicester City in a game we saw 6 goals.

8. Prince Isak (GG)

Whoa steady on chap. :emoticon-0106-cryin

Munson. likes this.
  9. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

<laugh>

Sorry I just had to get that out there.

Hopefully the takeover happens and they can push the club on a bit.

10. magpie290761

magpie290761 Well-Known Member

He went down holding his hamstring late in the game. Wasn’t clear at the time if it was that or cramp but obviously was the hamstring. Tbh there’s really nothing at stake now so erring on the side of caution not a bad thing. Want him fit for pre season.

Delusional Full Stop and Munson. like this.

11. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Ah cool

magpie290761 likes this.
  12. Prince Isak (GG)

It’s ok. I could counter some of it but I can’t be arsed.

At the end of the day we are safe. But we have to move on and progress. And I can’t see any progression under MA and or Bruce.

Let’s hope the takeover goes through and we can start enjoying football again.

Munson. and magpie290761 like this.
  13. Prince Isak (GG)

I want to see the young ones given a chance anyways. This is the perfect opportunity to do give them game time. Maybe not against Man City as that would be unfair!

magpie290761 likes this.
  14. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

There's no countering it.. Maybe some complaints are valid but ultimately Bruce's done fine

15. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

Anderson and matty

magpie290761 likes this.
  16. Prince Isak (GG)

Yup. And young mr Lee before he goes to Spurs. But he might be to young.

17. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

I think Anderson is injured so we won't see him.

Bruce is after a personal crusade to get to 44 points or more, so he'll play his best side anyway I think.

He doesn't have the selflessness or the intelligence to see this as a rare opportunity to see if any of the youth players have it

18. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

That was Willock.

19. Darth Tash

Darth Tash Well-Known Member

How about this?

------------------ASM--------------
    ------------Almiron---Willock-------
    Ritchie--Longstaff--Longstaff---Murphy
    ------Dummett-Clark-Fernandez-----
    -----------------Dubravka-----------------

20. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

You beat me to it, he did indeed go down with a hamstring issue. However if I know my rumours it could be aids, covid, leprosy, angina, liver problems or pimples on the cock.

No doubt we'll find the truth on here.

magpie290761 likes this.