1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United v City

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Shaw stopped to let the ball past him when he could cut it out. That’s so basic.

The players are not even doing the basics right. Compounding the dominance of city. This looks like another 5-0 rout,

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That’s nonsense! We have actually beat City multiple times in the last four meetings without the new players that we added to the team.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Because Shaw is a tree!!!! That’s the way he plays. He’s not suited to this system against top tactical teams that will move the ball around him. The manager should know this and setup the team to its strength and to the weakness of the opposition on match day. Today’s setup has been deeply flawed.

4. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

You simply don't have the right players to win things, ferguson saw the lay of the land and retired. His old guard with the winners mentality were being replaced by younger players who thought they'd already made it.

5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

What the hell has Sir Alex got to do with this? He retired almost ten years ago with over a billion spent since. So no!

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

One shot on target! My god!!

7. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Very poor performance. Just shows how far behind City we are especially when we have some key players missing. We needed to score the first goal to have any chance.

A 2-0 demolition in truth.

Yet.. yet both goals were self inflicted.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2021
  8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I don't know what they see?

Every United supporter who has a single shred of a clue can see he's reached the end, he can go no further.

The idea of 'progress' has reached the buffers.

There's a reason he was managing in Norway for **** sake.

Treble likes this.
  9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It’s tiring having these discussions. The leadership at the club is fkin useless! We are a rotten club sadly.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

90 mins of City camped around our penalty box with Ole's tactical brilliance achieving the extraordinary feat of all 11 of our players playing on 25% of the pitch. The only period we got out of our own half in the 2nd half was when City felt like having a break.

There will be those who won't look at the way our manager completely allowed the team to be dominated. They won't look at the fact that City were pinning us back, carving us open and taking shots on goal for fun. They won't look at the ineptitude of a manager who tactically had no strategy other than to sit deep and try and prevent City from scoring. They won't look at the 90 mins we had to actually achieve something in the game. They'll look at the own goal and the 2nd and blame the players <doh>

GET

HIM

OUT

<ok>

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

True.

There are a couple of things for me, one plus Ole, one negative.

The plus, good news first, is that he didn't employ himself and he's not keeping himself in employment.

Someone, somewhere, is watching this and thinks he's still the man for the job. We can't blame Ole himself for that.

The negative though; his treatment and management of Van de Beek and Sancho is now absolutely ****ing scandalous.

That is ONE HUNDRED MILLION pounds of players that he signed, that he won't play.

Yet he plays Fred, Maguire, Lindelof, McTominay, every ****ing week, when all four are absolutely ****ing gash.

And we can all see it.

That's on him, and if it costs him his job, tough ****.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think I can offer a reason why. Ironically it's a dilemma for him. He bought them because he believes that if he buys players like Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane, everything will fix itself by itself. Sancho will be creating goals just because he's Sancho.

The problem is that he is absolutely **** scared of losing. He doesn't want our players taking any risks and he doesn't want to take any risks. So the dilemma for him is... do I play Sancho and Van De Beek and go for an attacking mindset... or shall I play safe and make sure we play not to lose. And sadly, the risk averse nature of Ole will always drive him to choose the latter.

What it resulted in today is handing over complete possession and territorial advantage to City. Even if AWB hadn't scored the OG, I think the dye was cast with the team selection and absolute garbage tactics.

You're right, someone somewhere within the club at a high enough level wants to keep him as manager. I'll be honest, I have no particular care for finishing Top 4 at all. Means nothing to me. So if some misguided suit in the Board room is keeping him on with the notion that he will get us Top 4, I wouldn't give a fck if we miss out on it just for them to see what an absolute fck up their "mates rates" strategy was.

BTW against City, if you are looking to sit deep and play on the counter, not only do you NOT play 2 defensive midfielders in the middle with 3 at the back, but Rashford should've started not Greenwood.

He has to go. Now.

Chief and cytrax like this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Chief’s point is spot on! I’ve switch my anger from Ole to the way this football club is managed, and it is quite simply fked! Woodward is the number one problem with this club. His decisions have cost the club ten years. He does it year in, year out!

Look at the Pogba situation for one… how did a player like that run down his contract? How did Ole get a new three year deal in the summer? Seriously, how? Does he even watch the team play?

There is distinct lack of care at the club and Ole is just the tip of that iceberg.

Chief likes this.
  14. District Line

District Line Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

City always win the derbies where something is at stake though.