1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United Vs Atalanta - Award Winning Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

This whole point, which the whole world and his wife can see as plain as day, will be lost on Diego and Glazzerfodder.

It's not the team selection, playing players out of position, the poor tactics and the route one football we resort to as a result. Nope, apparently Ole is doing all of that, but when the players go out onto the pitch they ignore everything and play like they've never met.

Game after game after game after game, they're ignoring his brilliant management which led Cardiff to glory and doing the exact opposite <doh>

I'd love just one of them to give me one reason why they think Ole is this incredible manager? They can't of course.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Not entirely sure I agree here.

If it looks bad but retrievable, then I think they'd pull the plug.

Why wait till we're definitely out of the CL, if that is their be all and end all? Makes no sense.

Obviously hope we don't actually reach this stage.

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That whole statement made by Christian on where the club stands is simply to hide his bias. Nothing suggests that the board will simply wait until the end of the season to make a change. But Christian will continue to speculate on their position to validate the “nothing you say against Ole matters so live with it” argument. What a ridiculous position to hold in any discussion. Why even have a forum?

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

sorry I meant exactly that. If the CL looks in danger rather than out of sight.

Chief likes this.
  5. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying that. What we are asking for is a reasoned discussion, with some substance to the argument as to who might replace Ole - that ain't hard surely. We need to exclude offering CL winning managers apprenticeships - can't see that working and to move on with realistic alternatives. if none emerge from the debate..... well lets get behind Ole for as long as the 606 forum permit him to be in charge.

Diego likes this.
  6. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

3 consecutive CL wins (only one ever to do it).
    Let's offer him a trial and see how he does, we need to be sure before committing :emoticon-0105-wink:

7. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

His agent will bite our hand off at the chance of a 3 month trial , all the big clubs are doing it

Diego likes this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

It's just an interim appointment mate until he has been proclaimed successful by winning something.

Could last for years <whistle>

glazerfodder likes this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh>

And you and the other two clowns will make damn sure none do, no matter who is suggested eh?

You lot are so transparent it's ridiculous <doh>

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I finally found this. I said at the time Scholes was bang on the money. Just listen to how accurate he was.

Don't worry Scholesy I won't be slagging you off <ok>

11. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

<doh>

Treble likes this.
  12. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

It's a shame this point was lost on @Diego :(

13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

If the whole world saw the mess with Atalanta, why did we start exact same squad and same style against one of the best sides? The thought-process that led to that decision is kind of scary to say the least. It is dereliction of duty by the manager and his staff in my opinion.

Look at the bench for the Liverpool game, we had at least three players sitting down that could have started the match. Pogba, Matic, Cavani and Bailly. I said before the Liverpool game that I Cavani should start with Ronaldo supporting him. That itself would have been a massive upgrade on the start of that match.

How is it that we lame non professionals see these obvious adjustments they would have made a world of a difference but the manager simply wants to commit suicide? It's just baffling!