1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United vs City - Super Semi-final Shindig

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Treble, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I am not too bothered about their possession. Their system is based on having lots of possession. Ours isn’t. In terms of chances city had more but we were not that far behind. Our last pass wasn’t there and some shots went astray. But I didn’t feel that we were completely dominated. With more accuracy we could have scored 2 or 3.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I guess before the game I was looking at it as a marker for the Livpl game and by the end I just felt we played within ourselves. The funny thing being that imo we are capable of playing better than we did.

I posted a couple of weeks ago I believe we have nothing to fear from City and it wasn't some post-match hyperbole but genuinely based on our performances over the past 10 games in the league - including those games against Everton and Leicester, the dominance against Leeds, as well as the overcoming the potential banana skins against teams like Wolves. We didn't see enough of that last night.

Anyway this is the first setback the team has had in a a great run, so it'll be interesting to see how they respond in the next game - no not Watford which I hope will utilise the squad. I mean Burnley.

Btw on that note, Fernandes lacked energy and it's fair to say he needs a rest. But also highlights when he's not at his best the creativity and cutting edge of the rest of the team is not good enough?

3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I just can’t understand when Donny is ever get decent run in the team. We paid lots of money for him to be sitting on the bench which is simply just ridiculous and selfish of the management team. He was having great career and we have essentially stalled it because of... Pogba!

4. Christiansmith

The City game was always going to be tough. We simply had to take our chances and once we didn’t we were in trouble. The Burnley game will be a huge test. Do we grab the offered opportunity or do we crumble under the weight of expectations? We have to admit that under OGS we have had several of these missed opportunities.
    He has to be brave and go for the 3 points. Shame that Cavani is not available. It would have been one of those matches that he could have had a positive impact.

Treble likes this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He will be available for Burnley mate, the watford game is his last ban iirc.

Christiansmith likes this.
  6. Christiansmith

That’s great news.