1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread United vs Palace

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cytrax, Sep 19, 2020.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Game is almost over but since we didn’t have a match day thread, here’s one!

I hate Pogba!

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Would you rather we had 20 unbeaten games before the season turns to ****?

No surprise for me. The problems we had at the back end of last season are still there so why anyone expected any change is what surprises me. This is the outcome of another underwhelming transfer window in key areas of the pitch. Here's a clue... goals conceded.

Watch Woody kick up a ****storm over some galactico he wants to sign now after that result. Utter clown.

cytrax likes this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

All i can say about that game is that i was reasonably relieved we weren't 3 down at half time because we so easily could have been.

**** defence, not one player who could pass the ball and an attack that were static and clueless.

4. Paulpowersleftfoot

Paulpowersleftfoot Well-Known Member

I enjoyed it

Diego and Treble like this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We wasted last summer as well which destroyed the first half of the season, only to finally get Bruno in.

I understand why Ole may have started David James today hoping he would have been motivated to perform. But he can’t start again in place of Mason again.

Pogba was completely useless in the midfield and I wish van de Beek had started today.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Stick around, we got brighton next Saturday. Then spuds, chavs, arsenal and everton each saturday after that.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Hold on, you mean we didn't sign De Ligt <yikes>

8. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yeah but but, goals conceded last season. Stats and that!

TM, whatever clueless media outlet or Twitter 'fan' you can think if.

Bottom line is, as anyone with any clue at all has stated at various times during close season, we need at least one centre half because both our starting centre halves are ****ing ****e.

This is why I mentioned John Stones, because he's better than Lindelof by an absolute country mile. That's how bad ours actually are.

Why the actual **** does seemingly everyone focus on Dan James?
    A 21 year old who cost us ten million quid? How has be become the focus?

The problem is a million miles from being him for **** sake.

Diego likes this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've never focused on Dan James. I tend not to write off a young player after a season either.

We defintely need a cb. A leader, because our defence is crying out fot one.

10. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I never said you did, hence the word 'seemingly'. You didn't mention him.

Been on the Premier league match day thread though?

11. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I thought big Tim had a decent game at RB today, he is a couple of levels up on Wan going forward.
    Shame we can't make one player out of the two <laugh>

Treble likes this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Axel Tuanzebe is better then Lindelof and Maguire as well but that's not allowed because he didn't cost £50 million.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No I got that. I agree.

I did but didn't bother posting. The problem is our defence. Much as I always question Phelan's influence on our tactics, I have absolutely no doubts the guy knows what he's doing when it comes to setting up and coaching the defence. Which means only one thing - the players aren't up to it.

I did post on the top 6 prediction thread though. Ppl were putting us for top 4. If we don't buy a decent cb by the end of the transfer window I'm fairly sure we'll be scrapping for 4th with the likes of arsenal and everton.

14. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

We have Mengi in the U23s who is really making a case for some first team games in cups too, let's hope he gets some chances.

15. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

1. Today’s performance shows how that lockdown period of going undefeated and stealing the third place and a coveted CL place from Leicester from nowhere was simply a miracle. This brought back memories of United pre Bruno Fernandes. We fans must pinch ourselves and give our undying gratitude that we are in the CL and not in the Europa like Spurs and Arsenal.

2. The players seemed to run through treacle. Everything was laboured and palace were sharp and first to everything. Nothing attempted by our strike force or midfield was successful and their strikers Zaha (why did he fail with us FFS?) and Townsend ran rings round our CB statues.

3. The team was so poor that I refuse to believe that it is anywhere representative of the talents of our manager and players. This wasn’t even the performance of a championship team never mind one of a CL. It had nothing to do with lack of signings. If this team plays like this for the rest of the season then we are at serious risk of relegation.

4. No redeeming features. Players at 50% of their capabilities. One of the rare occasions that we deservedly lost and 3-1 didn’t flatter a very average team.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2020
    cytrax likes this.
  16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I agree with you on this point. Fans are going to run around screaming about how we need to sign X and Y. But the simple fact is that we have way too many players in squad that are simply just collecting paycheques. Why bother get new players in without skimming the fat first? Not only can we not buy players, it’s impossible for us to get rid of players.

On CB, as someone already mentioned, why not put a ball player like Fosu-Mensah firmly in defense? We are simply wasting his talent which is a shame.

Regardless of the setup today, we really shouldn’t be losing at home to Crystal Palace. It is piss poor!

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Nobody's saying we shouldn't be getting rid of the dead wood. That's nothing to do with needing replacements because we're vulnerable in key positions especially in defence.

Diego likes this.
  18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yesterday was dismal on reflection.

We did OK to get third but, looking back, the surrender in FA Cup and Europe league at the end of last season was a clearer indictation of where we are. Trophies we could have tried to win, but didn't even compete.

What the actual **** have they been coached during close season? That can't all be levied on Woodward and the Glazers.

We were ****ing dreadful.

cytrax likes this.
  19. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

" we have way too many players in squad.... "

Could this be the result of the big spending Clubs historically hoovering up players like there's no tomorrow ? Hundreds of millions spent on bench warmers, many of whom are quite content to merely pick up their cheques.

cytrax likes this.
  20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

You’ve gotta love the so-called smaller teams that continue to make of mockery of these big spenders.

As much as we want to bit*h about lack of transfers, we had two class midfielders that have joined the club this year. We still have the largest wage bill in the league. So, what tha flying fk is going on?

Even if we had the greatest central backs on Saturday, we didn’t look like scoring going forward which is really where our problem is. The midfield is currently broken.

LIBERTARIAN likes this.