1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Interesting from SKY -

5, 4, 3, 2, 1... United's transfers since 2013
    Asked for their five worst signings, four best, three that got away, the two legends they would have back and the one signing needed now, both Jack and Gerard agreed on the following:

5 worst

Angel Di Maria, Alexis Sanchez, Morgan Schneiderlin, Matteo Darmian and Diogo Dalot

4 best

Zlatan Ibrahimovic, Bruno Fernandes, Juan Mata and Ander Herrera

3 that got away

Memphis Depay, Wilfried Zaha and Jonny Evans

2 legends Man Utd need now

Roy Keane and Rio Ferdinand

1 signing needed now

Kalidou Koulibaly

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Where would we play Grealish though? If we sign him, I don’t imagine that it’s to put him on the bench as we have with DvDB. We already have Greenwood as well that isn’t getting enough time in the team. We are so flushed with midfielders that getting rid of Pogba should not necessitate buying someone to replace him. Besides, he’s been fkin useless on the pitch and runs his mouth off it. There’d be no need to replace him.

glazerfodder likes this.
  3. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

This will cheer us up

125985090_122151276351160_8138626619547115376_o.jpg

4. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

With Grealish we will add more firepower and unpredictability to our midfield. You cannot have too much creativity there as Fergie has shown time and time again.

5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I don't see the point, we should have signed him instead of DVDB if he's now that important to us.

Even getting rid of Pogba, we have a midfield three of Fred OR McTominay, with van de Beek and Fernandez.

We've then got a front three to include Rashford, Cavani, Greenwood, Martial, James and (for now ) Ighalo.

The only way you sign Jack Grealish is if you get rid of van de Beek also, which would be ludicrous to be absolutely honest.

6. Christiansmith

VdB has been a mystery. Utd signed him unexpectedly and so far Ole hasn't even started him in the premiership. You have to wonder whether his signing was just sprung on him. Or maybe like Fred and others have proved it takes a whole season to get used to English football and Bruno is the exception which proves the rule.

Grealish is a game changer like Fernandes and is ready. It is clear that Vdb isn't. He has the speed and the stamina but he hasn't got that killer last pass. At least not yet. So I would play Grealish mostly in the premiership and play Vdb in the cups.

7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

What are you talking about? Van der Beek has not even gotten sniff of solid 90 minute football. How can you suggest that he isn’t ready? This is not even about how good Grealish is. But we need to point out that we already have too many midfielders. Simply buying up another one is not the answer to our problems.

And no! It shouldn’t take a full season to get used to English football! This makes it sound as though English football is played on Mars or something.

Players need games to get started. And there have been many occurrences of players moving within the league and still flopped. Essentially, there is no god given formula beyond getting the right players that is not mentally and physically ready for the challenge, then hope that things fall into place for them.

8. Christiansmith

I have to admit you have a point after a great performance by VDB yesterday. If he carries on like that it will odds on for Pogba to leave.

cytrax likes this.
  9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Look at how long Pogba has been regressive. It would be great to see Van der Beek take his place permanently in the starting line up. Then we can evaluate if he’s of good value. Ole needs to give him consistent game time.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Ok ignoring Ole for a moment, we need to look forward and address the problems on the pitch in the upcoming transfer window.

No doubt in my mind the priority is the CB position and I'd honestly want us looking to bring in two.

If we went all out just to address that one area with quality CBs I'd be very happy.

Anyone worth a mention? From the PL or perhaps a club who are not in the CL e.g. Perr Schuurs? Koulibaly?

If we're going to focus on the league or domestic cups then we need our defence sorting because if we actually looked like keeping clean sheets we'd look like building something solid and long term.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We are not even giving Axel and Fosu-Mensah a chance. I’m not for simply spending when we have players that have demonstrated that they can do the job. Why not try that? We’ve spent all the money in the world and it never seem to move a needle. We are obsessed with starting Lindelof and Maguire. I can’t even remember the last time those two had a great game between them.

glazerfodder likes this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Id agree with the above, we shouldn't be looking to buy two as Tuanzebe and TFM just get pushed back down the queue.

I personally think Tuanzebe should play alongside Maguire, long term. But by all means buy another, as long as the ones who aren't playing (Bailly, Jones. Rojo) are all also sold.

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I think the biggest part of the January transfer window should be to sell Pogba and De Gea.

Their time is done. Sadly, in the case of De Gea.

glazerfodder and cytrax like this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

De Gea is perfect example of Ole not having the mantle to make challenging decisions. De Gea no longer controls the defensive line. He has been redundant for the better part of two years. Henderson came along as a gift and still Ole is hesitant to make the change. The same way he kept playing a terrible Pogba who ironically got better once he lost his place in the squad. Sell both of them and restructure the team around players that are already onboard.

He's doing the same thing with Shaw that got thrown right back into action after only coming back from injury.

Too many bad and weak decisions.

15. glazerfodder

De Gea is going to struggle to keep his place in the Spanish side too. He was absolutely mashed in the national press here - they see him as a huge liability - if they can see that, why doesn't Ole. he has to go - and is it me (or have I been unduly influenced by Paul Scholes) but he actually looks physically smaller to me.

cytrax likes this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I read this and thought fair point. I hadn't considered this.

The only thing I'd add is, I think Maguire needs someone beside him with a strong character, solid and brings the best out in him.

Maguire was supposed to be the one who brought that to the likes of Lindelof, Bailly but he hasn't.

Agree with Chief. Get rid of the dead wood once and for all!

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It is quite **** that we pissed off Romero.

Ole should've cut his losses with De Gea and in the summer had a word with Romero that he and Henderson would have the share of matches this season.

18. glazerfodder

If we could only afford to match CR's wages at Juve (£500k per week) I would happily swap him for Pogba. Imagine the impact he would have, on and off the pitch. He's still netting 30 goals per season and you can almost imagine Woodward wetting himself at the merchandise he could shift. Shame it won't happen.

19. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Pogba for Ronaldo would be good for both teams as there trying to lower there wage bill and Ronaldo would still smash this league, actually the league is probably weaker then when he played in it in 2009

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Amad Diallo has got his Italian passport. He'll be signed in January from Atalanta for £37m.

Right winger, only 18 but for that kind of money I expect he'll play some role in the first team this season. Supposed to be very good.

cytrax likes this.