1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That I can see.

What I do not and will not believe is that he has specifically stated that it's United he won't join, because it's United.

Or that he has, to quote, rubbished us.

I get he wants to stay at Barca (although given the way they have pimped him out I do wonder why he's so seemingly loyal to them)

That doesn't mean they won't yet force him out.

I do hope any 'plan B' looks beyond Yuri Tielemans, I really do.

Extremely late in the day to start chasing the likes of Rueben Neves though, unless there's a genuine indication he wants to leave Wolves and join us.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't think United is the issue and I pointed that out on another post above. Which is why I think any talk of a deal between CFC and Barca is immaterial, as we agreed a deal and to all intents and purposes it means fck all if the player is saying no.

My point is that there's a simple way of finding out just how much this 17m is the sticking point. Offer to pay it. I appreciate it's not ideal and leaves a bad taste in the mouth bailing Barca out but If we really want De Jong and we believe that is the only thing holding him back then do it. Then, if he still refuses to leave at least we know where everyone stands. And the bloke genuinely doesn't want to leave.

I agree about Tielemans. Just not the standard required imo. I'd rather he develop someone from the U23's instead.

Bumps likes this.
  3. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Obviously we can’t be sure what has been said privately between 2 people. TH seems to think that DeJong is ‘willing’ to come to Utd even though he’s not that excited about the prospect. Yet every indication is being given by him and his camp that he simply does not want to join Utd. A fee has been agreed between the clubs. Barcelona are keen for him to leave and Utd keen to acquire him. The only sticking point is the player. Your suggestion is to spend 17m to confirm the suspicion atm that the player isn’t and has never been keen to join the club. Great for our morale <laugh>

4. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

I’m pretty sure I read that Utd cannot just stump up the 17m to cover it as there are tax implications in both Spain and the UK.
    I did have a quick Google for the article but can’t find it, so I could of course be talking out my arsed.

Treble likes this.
  5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Nope, what I'm saying is IF we really want the bloke and the ONLY sticking point for him is the loss of wages, then agree to pay the £17m. IF that is the reason for the deal stalling then we overcome that obstacle and he joins. Job done. IF that isn't the sole reason, and he still doesn't want to leave Barca then we lose nowt AND we can draw a line under it and move on.

The question is, do you want a resolution to this or not? I know I do, and my suggestion backs ETH whilst at the same time questions FDJ's commitment. I see it as a sound approach all round tbh.

Diego likes this.
  6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That idea sets a horrible precedence for future transfers. We should never cover someone’s huge debt after already paying huge transfer fee. Barca should rightly be covering the debt from the agreed fee.

7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

What precedent, we overpay for everyone and in recent history bought a skip full of mercenaries <laugh>

What I'm doing here is giving ETH the benefit of the doubt. If we have faith in him and he wants this particular player then this is not common practice like it was under Eddie Woodward, but an individual instance. It's not like ETH is going to be wanting one particular player this much over and over again is it? So there's no need to do it again.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I hate to say but Woodward my man would have had this thing worked out with Barca without the public ever hearing about the wage debt.

This is one time that I think his approach would have worked out perfectly.

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh>

Errrm no it wouldn't. Because if he was still here, Ten Hag wouldn't be.

cytrax likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

We could hire him as a consultant lol

Treble likes this.

11. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

The wage debt issue was reported in Marca, the sports paper a while back. It didn't come out because of the transfer negotiations.

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Yes, but with Woody, he would have made sure that we paid a world record fee to cover all costs before everyone caught on. He wouldn’t have wasted his time at the pub like Arnold did over €17m.

13. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Seeing as we're all supposed to believe this ****e;

Screenshot_20220805-223049_Chrome.jpg

Treble likes this.
  14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

15. glazerfodder

Complete and utter crap - the deadline for registering players is 13th August

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Today is the 5th, in 8 days time it will be the 13th.

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Gossip column + twitter + media agenda + 'fan' outrage = the truth.

Obviously.

glazerfodder likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Apparently we've put in a bid for Arnautovich <laugh>

If true is this equal to or worse than the Fellaini debacle when Moyes arrived.

Fcking hell. Seriously <shakes head and walks away>

19. glazerfodder

One match in and you appear to be suffering from chronic fan rage. FFS man, have patience, have some faith and have some ****ing alcohol - Jesus wept.

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

No rage here at all. I find it hilarious tbh.

Of course you and I go through this every season. Where I tell you what the problem is, you claim it's only the start of the season. Then a few months later when I'm proved right you pretend none if this ever happened <laugh>

As I said to you on the other thread, you came out with this rubbish a couple of weeks into the transfer window. "The season hasn't even started...it's only been a couple of weeks". Two months later, the season has started... and we're putting in bids for Arnautovic. And it's not like my comparisons with the Fellaini purchase are far off is it? So you chill big man.