1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I don't see the rush, judge us in April next year and we'll have more realistic idea of where we're headed and what we need. If this bizarre circus had been around in SAF's time we wouldn't have enjoyed any of the success that came from his methodical, slow rebuild. Chill pill.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I've not mentioned Ten Hag so need to bring Fergie's time into this.

The problems haven't just started now, they're recurring and seem deeper and wider. Hence the Fellaini comment. As I've said it could be the board, the Glazers. And if that is the case then it doesn't help Ten Hag's cause or his efforts does it?

3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's nothing like the Fellaini situation.

Fellaini was literally a last second signing for the new manager, the only one he was allowed to make.

Remember the old comment's- 'this squad has just won the league'?

Ten Hag has already made three signings, with a deal with Barca on the table for de Jong. Whether the player actually signs is another thing, but it's not like this manager isn't being supported.

Thr Arnautovic thing is a reaction to Martial being injured. A sticking plaster, although admittedly ridiculous.

What Rashford playing will have shown yesterday is the need for an actual, proper forward signing, Sesko still being purued (allegedly) but the Antony thing would be good if resurrected.

Definitely need those two signings as McTominay and Rashford are both garbage.

4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Fellaini was a sub-standard last ditch signing, so will Arnautovich be. That's the top and bottom of it.

Whatever the reasons for the failure in securing the signings of Antony or De Jong, failures they are... as were the pursuits of Herrera and Baines that summer. The fact that one was due to money and the other a complete lack of homework or due diligence, it amounts to the same thing and ultimately the same problems for the upcoming season.

Ten Hag may have been backed with some of the signings, but I'm not convinced he has been with others, or at the very least he's being let down by poor planning. Why the hell else would we be making a bid for Arnautovich, makes no sense. Same old same old I'm afraid.

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Anyway this is an utter embarrassment if true.

please log in to view this image

What a sham of a football club they are.

6. glazerfodder

7. glazerfodder

Read this with a smile on my face over the weekend. They are indeed in a cesspit of their own making and La Liga are well and truly on to them as that little nugget would have required quite some forensic accounting to dig up. That little move gives them absolutely no chance of any wriggle room with La Liga when it comes to 13th and the deadline for registering their new players. Fun week ahead.

Treble likes this.
  8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

9. glazerfodder

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I hope so. And I hope it now puts them in a tight corner as far as De Jong's transfer is concerned and paying the money they owe him to get the deal done.

The alternative is this...

Where it seems Chelsea are prepared to pay the deferred wages and we're not.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

This is the other basket, who would you prefer?

12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It's not the same, sorry.

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

And I say it is. The only thing I'm sorry about is the effect it'll have on another season and that's all that really matters in all this regardless of what we agree or disagree about.

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Except it isn't.

We signed one person that window, Fellaini on the last day.

We've signed three, got rid of five, and have four weeks left of this window.

It's not the same, it can't be described as the same, at all.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The only thing similar is a new manager, but even then one took over the current league champions and the other a complete **** show, so the similarity ends there anyway.

Diego likes this.
  16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Whilst I'm not enamoured by a potential Arnautovich transfer, here's some context as to why we're interested in him.

I question why both are considering him given both will have worked with other strikers and whether it's about making the best of funds available?

17. glazerfodder

I think we all need to accept that we can no longer just pick a player and five minutes later they sign up. We are a ****show, we aren't in the CL, we're on the sporting pages of the global sporting press for all the wrong reasons -the only thing we do have is money.

No decent player wants to come to us, why would they - so we have to scour around for players who are willing/grateful to come and pay twice the market value in the process. In time, hopefully, that will change but until then this is the reality of our situation and I suspect EtH is well aware of it too and is making his player choices accordingly..

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I can see why, Martial got injured just before the first game and so we need a backup No.9, especially with the uncertainty over Ronaldo still.

Lot's of glib, 'they could buy literally anyone else' comments but I'd love to know who those literally anyone else's are?

It's a sticking plaster. Similar to when we've signed Larson and Ighalo.

Not ideal, but I don't think a No.9 was ever in "the plan".

Diego and glazerfodder like this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think that's partly true but it all still seems a bit desperate yet again.

Of course you don't just pick a player and it happens (btw that was not always the case under Gill and Fergie) but when you look at clubs like Spurs and Arsenal and even mid-table clubs or even the likes of Brighton and the way they go about their business, we're not even close.

We are a ****show. But the question the club need to address is - are we a ****show because we are so bad at recruiting, or are we bad at recruiting because we're a ****show?

20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Btw not just Larson and Ighalo. Pretty much every forward we've signed since Fergie left.

All mid-30's sticking plasters - add Ibrah, Falcao, Cavani and Ronaldo. And now possibly Arnautovich. It'll just carry on like that until we plan for a transfer window and actually bring in someone for the long term.