1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Adrian! Adrian! Adrian!
    whataboutism at it's finest, as I never mentioned Adrian in the original post about De Gea, but you have to cling to whatever you can to make you feel like you've won something when all you are doing is proving you lost.

And, for your furthur information, Adrian finished that particular season with a better rating than De Gea.

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

We need;

• Replacement/upgrade on De Gea. Don't know who, but definitely not Henderson because he's not good enough and is also a proper twat.
    • Replacement for Eriksen, who should only now be an occasional player and/or back up. Take your pick - Rice, Caiceido, Mac Allister, de Jong, there are many players out there would play alongside Casemiro and are a big upgrade on Fred and McTominay.
    • Upgrade on Maguire and Lindelof. One centre half needed - highest quality finished article to play alongside Martinez, with Varane then back up.
    • Get rid of Martial and Weghorst, buy a top drawer No.9/striker/centreforward. Kane, Toney, Osimehn, Vlahovic, Watkins, these players are out there. Get one of those, AND Ferguson at Brighton.

There is no doubt whatsover that we need four of five players this summer to stand any chance of stepping up to the level needed. Otherwise, we're just another Arsenal, fapping off about top four and the occasional fleeting title 'challenge'.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  3. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I would put Tony on the reserve list of possible new strikers, at least until we know what kind of ban he will get for illicit betting.

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  4. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Someone help me here, just read a report on Sky saying we are set to make a player called Goncarlos Ramos our most expensive player ever.
    Who the **** is he, who does he play for and in what position?

Makemstine Roger likes this.
  5. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He's that Portuguese centre forward, came on for Ronaldo and scored a hat trick in the world cup.

No idea what his goal scoring record is beyond that.

Benfica I think.

Diego likes this.
  6. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Today's story is Lautaro Martinez.

It's best to not actually believe any of this until it actually happens.

What it does show though, is that there are options out there beyond Kane and being held to ransome by that Levy ****.

7. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Ineos seem to the the preferred bidder according to the press, £5bn for a 50% stake in the club with a requirement to take on the Glazers remaining shareholdings by 2026.. How that impacts on ETH's summer spending plans nobody knows, but any partial sale that allows the Glazers to retain influence (and dividend income) for even three short years is a poor second in my book.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't usually wish any player injury... but this mercenary deserves everything he gets.

Good riddance.

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  9. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It's been sad seeing so much debt associated with the club even though it had been operating on positive cash flow except for during covid. I am hoping that the Ineos deal is not also contingent on some sort of leverage due to the sheer size of the deal.

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Wow, breaking news tonight.
    The Arabs have upped their bid to buy Manchester United outright, 100% ownership, all debts cleared and a seperate sum put aside soley for use on the club and community.
    Really hope this comes off.

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Got Fabrizio on live feed. He's usually accurate.

Just depends on those greedy fcks accepting it.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I just got as breaking news on Sky sport.

Makemstine Roger and Treble like this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This really is the best option for the club. Another levered debt bullsht is just going to be another sad tale.

Diego likes this.
  14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I won't believe any sale will happen until I see it.

Those pigs are greedy. The irony is that every time someone offers more, the Glazers think they can get even more.

I can sense how they think, they're snivelling trough swilling rancid pigs.

They'll probably be satisfied they're sitting on all that money, then think maybe we should wait a bit, maybe a year or two more, until it's worth even more... 7 bn, 8bn, 9bn.

Pigs.

Diego likes this.
  15. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Has to be 100% buy out to **** the yanks off out of it.
    All debts cleared is a total bonus and leaves us free to bid on players ETH wants. The funds set aside for infrastructure and the local area is something we have missed for decades and fallen behind too many clubs in stadium improvement and training facilities.
    All around the best deal, that said I would have loved Radcliffe to have been able to stump up the same deal. Genuine life long red and grew up in Failsworth where United started (less than a mile from the old loco pitch I believe which sadly got built over about 20 years ago).

Makemstine Roger, cytrax and Treble like this.
  16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

**** off Trebs, this time it's happening <grr>

Makemstine Roger and Treble like this.
  17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Do you not suspect even a little bit, that this whole exercise might be nothing more than a fishing exercise to see how much they could get for the club?

Anyone in their right mind would accept this offer by the arabs.

Tbf purely from the Glazers point of view the Radcliffe offer is all gravy too.

So if they don't accept either...

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not sure how much the Arabs have tabled yet as all I have read is "improved bid".
    Still, for what they actually paid for the club(not including the loan because the club are paying that back despite the yanks pushing it back up periodically ) even the lowest bid that has been put in so far would mean a massive profit for them for doing **** all.

Makemstine Roger and cytrax like this.
  19. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It’s hard to see any other options but to sell at the point. The blow back from fans will be insane if we start next season with the Glazers. They’ve played all their cards by making things so public. I will be shocked at how stupid they really must be if they renaged.

Last edited: May 19, 2023
  20. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I think the Guzzlers will go for the arab bid. The Ineos offer gives the Guzzlers some ongoing financial benefit in terms of continued dividend income until 2026, however, that income is entirely dependent on the share value holding up and, at present, the markets don't like the idea of the Guzzlers retaining any interest in the club, in fact, the share price has dropped since the announcement of the Ineos offer.

Diego likes this.