1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

History tells us that those players we manage to get in such circumstances come here because we’ve offered more money. Sanchez is one of many examples. Fernandes and Cavani arguably our 2 best recruits recently we weren’t involved in an auction.

I’m baffled by the Van de beek situation. Are we selling in or are we keeping him on the bench?. Neither the club nor the player must be happy with the situation.

2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well apparently we're prepared to double Varane's wages if he comes. Which stinks quite frankly, considering Real Madrid have said he can leave.

So basically he has options and the motivation to choose us has to be wages. If that's true then fck that. I'd rather we go for that Sevilla centre back, Kounde?

We're being linked with Oblak and the goalie at AC Milan. £80m for Sancho and 100m for Rice.

We'll probably end up with Fabian Delph!

cytrax likes this.
  3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

I agree, which means that we will miss out on a sizeable transfer fee from selling him which will seriously impact on the total funds available for the summer window - unless we're selling DG and Henderson and intend to bring in Donnaruma on a free to replace them with Heaton and Grant as back-up.

4. glazerfodder

You've got to love Patrice -

pat.JPG

cytrax and Treble like this.
  5. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

That sounds like a good strategy. But I’d say that United’s shortcomings is not just with the goalies. Probably the last position that I would worry about right now on the priority list.

7. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Pogba for Ronaldo swap?

8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Da **** you on about :huh:

9. Big Ern

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

No.

Pogba only plays when he is in the mood and Ronaldo gives his all every game but the age difference is too great.
    The wages won't be that different but one year (at best) against a possible 4 more years makes this a none starter for me. Love the guy to bits and he is probably one of the best 3 players i have ever seen in real life but that was "ago" not now.
    The PL is vastly different than la Liga or Serie A.

cytrax likes this.

11. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Ronaldo would still smash the Premier league. Easily hit 20-25 goals still

Diego likes this.
  12. Big Ern

yeah, I think so too, he'd also be the guy to crack a parked bus. he's not as good as he was, but you'd still be hard pushed to name 5 better players.

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I actually liked that you laid out your points which allowed me to see into your thought-process and your undying love for our Manager. But I am glad you are feeling better.

Now, let me start with your silly points...

Point #4 - this is confusing, CS. You've effectively stated that The Glazers have no interest in winning titles and having Ole in charge perfectly fits their business model of laundering money out of the club without regards for the fans and history of the club. Why the hell should fans ever allow that by supporting Ole in his quest of enabling the Glazers? That conclusion of "why not support him" doesn't make any sense if we truly care about the best interest of the club and not the Glazers.

Point #2. Suggesting Ole didn't have good enough subs is another mad idea in my opinion. Again, an illogical deduction to excuse Ole's terrible and insane game management. It actually brings shame to the club to suggest that in 120minutes of football, Manchester United had no players good enough to bring fresh legs to a game. Mata and James, for starters, would have offered something in that game given how ineffective the team had become against Villareal setup.

Point #3 - All of a sudden, everyone is jumping on DG's back. What exactly did he do wrong? Someone had to miss a penalty and no keeper is ever guaranteed to save them. It's a lottery and blaming the goalkeeper is simply clutching on straws, considering we have won many penalty shootouts with the game goalie. There is no evidence to suggest that Henderson would have performed any better. Further, Henderson is shorter than De Gea, and with today's penalty rules, argument can be made that he would be at a disadvantage compared to De Gea due to his limited reach. More surprising, many of you wanted DG back in the team, and we had him for the game. But now that we know the outcome, we want to cherry pick who should have been in goal when in fact the whole team sucked from front to back.

Point #5 - "Zidane and Koeman didn’t even approach achieving their key objectives." - I have a simple question here... WTF is Ole's key objective? To turn United into Arsenal? You throwing names around when in fact most of the managers that you're pointing fingers at will never have Ole as a replacement should they be fired by their clubs. Only Manchester United is stupid enough to continue with a subdued Manager in form of Ole when it is clear that he is out of his depths.

But you are right, he will be here next season because this is Glazers United!

Lastly, Point #6 - "Unless we have a decent cover for each position we’ll get nowhere. A good manager can only do so much."

OLE IS NOT A FKIN GOOD MANAGER!

14. glazerfodder

15. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

The subs: I or may be another manager would have done differently. He did say after the game that he thought the players on the pitch had the best chance of scoring but I would have definitely made changes early in the second half. Just questioning his motives.

Of course all the clubs mentioned would not go for him. But my point was not they weren’t great or very good managers but that none would have guaranteed a better position for us at this point. Post Fergie it has been a constant stream of poor performances by managers. Leaving aside the current manager (who we don’t agree on ) they’ve all ****ed up big time. Not that they were **** at the time of appointment they not only underperformed but royally ****ed the club and the squad up.

Until we have different owners, we will always have the CL qualification as the key objective. Fact of life with money being the only language. Fans might not like it but the GGs couldn’t give a **** about titles, trophies and glory. Glazers United is what it is and a far cry from the United we know and aspire to.

Support of fans is not rational. So is like and dislike, or love and hate. Fans love Ole because they loved him as a player and he became a god when he scored that never to be forgotten iconic goal. Yes rationally that shouldn’t be transferred to his managerial status. fans do not keep a ledger sheet with tick boxes. They either love or hate.

16. Big Ern

I can't see the Glazers paying the amount it would take to get Rice, he's worth more to our owners than he is to you (their lives). He's not the sort to cause trouble for a move like Arnie or Payet, and I feel he genuinely loves West Ham and that will keep him with us for next season at least.
    I think how we start 2022/23 will decide if he goes in the Jan 2023 window.

17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

On point 3, not sure anyone blamed De Gea for missing his penalty? Surely.

It was the lack of any effort or conviction in trying to save theirs that was the problem. He is without any doubt to me a far better keeper than Henderson but he also looks shot. He looked to me like he'd given up.

Did you know by the way, De Gea has not saved a penalty our of his last FORTY faced? That includes shootouts, and includes for Spain. Not one.

So, with Henderson (who has a decent record) sat there on the bench, and Ole knowing this (you'd hope) then maybe he could have substituted the keepers for the shootout? A bit of a shout to make, and done with the benefit of hindsight, but it would have been an innovative and bold call.

He didn't though, he sat there with a blank expression on his face unfortunately.

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

The acceptable/normal ratio for keepers is 1 in 5, so he should have saved eight of those.

19. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

I had R5 on in the background and they bought up the respective pen stats and wondered about making that sub as ET neared its end

Chief likes this.
  20. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The reference to love or hate shows that Manchester United has become an emotionally run club. Perhaps not from the owners perspective because they get to make a killing while underpaying an average manager. In the grand scheme of things, I don’t know if they would rather not win and make even more, or they are simply okay with the current status. Either way, this is not good for the fans but it is great for our rivals.

No ex player should ever become a do-no-wrong god when it comes to results as a manager. There is clear distinction between been being a player and a manager. Yes, give them a chance, but please don’t let them overstay their welcome. I would hope that Ole is categorically on borrowed time because his fkups are not just one offs, there is a clear trend to it which suggests he is unlikely to get better.