1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It’s still De Gea and he’s certainly not sht to the point that we can’t afford to stick him in goal. Neither is Henderson. I personally don’t see the need to panic.

Other areas need attention first and foremost. When the team sucks, it really doesn’t matter who the goalie is. We’ve had brilliant De Gea for years, but the team didn’t progress. I don’t think that the then brilliant keeper is now so bad that we can’t use him.

Diego likes this.
  2. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Why would Spain need De Gea, they lost perfectly well on penalties without him.

Diego, cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Has Donnarumma actually signed for PSG yet?

We should be all over that one ffs, offer him what De Gea earns and then de Gea and Henderson. PSG could have De Gea instead!

4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

The very point I made weeks ago. At 22 he is a fantastic keeper for both club and (unfortunately) country and has ten or more years at the top whereas de Gea is in decline. Donnarumma hasn't signed for PSG although, depending on what paper you read, it is a formality - supposedly. If we have left him slip it represents a massive mistake.

Treble likes this.
  5. glazerfodder

Sky are reporting that we have been given permission by RM to discuss terms with Varane - looks like another deal is close.

6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Too late now I fear Chief. Had we gone all out for him before the tournament I think PSG wouldn't have been too fussed. After the tournament if they have a lead on us then I doubt we'll get a look in.

Having said that De Gea would be a great bargaining chip but would he take a pay cut?

7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

His agent is Raiola. I think the club is avoiding having to ever deal with him again through acquisition of players tied to him and I personally think that’s a good decision. You have to wonder why AC Milan is losing such a talent on a free transfer to PSfkinG as we will lose Pogba if we don’t sell him off this summer.. Raiola!

Treble likes this.
  8. glazerfodder

And who on earth would take de Gea off our hands with his £350k per week salary - even a loan is out of the question on those wages.

Treble likes this.
  9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh I think our best way forward is to get De Gea playing at his best. I do think with AWB, Varane, Maguire, Shaw in front of him that's entirely possible.

Still think we need someone like Rice in front of them though. I thought he was excellent in the Euros final. Could've done with him in the Europy final.

cytrax likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is my believe as well. In goal keeper’s age, De Gea should still be in his prime. At 30, I think he has every single motivation to remind everyone again of his heroics over the years with Henderson pressing him for number one. I firmly believe this could be the likely outcome.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2021

11. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Jadon Sancho's completed his medical lads <diva>

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

13. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Rashford having a shoulder operation. Explains his lack of form for club and country.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

He said before the Euros he was considering an op once it was over.

The shoulder injury was widely known about last season, and he also had a foot injury as well. He played the whole season with both.

15. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He shouldn't have gone to the Euros.

Not having a go at him, as he's a Saint and that, but it was a self serving decision that backfired.

He was barely used there anyway, other than to become a penalty scapegoat. I bet he regrets it.

16. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Not sure about that. He would be regretting not scoring the pen for sure. But he is not the type to miss an opportunity to represent the country. I think that if he had scored the others following would have scored, being under much less pressure. Felt for him.

17. glazerfodder

Quite why he didn't skip the Euros, have his op and then go on holiday to get some R&R. ...............

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It was a massive tournament to be in, with England in such a strong position. How can you not go.

In hindsight I bet he wishes he hadn't but at the start of the tournament he would've wanted to play I'm sure. How was he to know it would be a complete waste of time for him because the manager had no intention of picking him.

19. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Yeah.

You'd actually think Southgate would tell him that, eh?

Instead of ignoring him for the whole competition then throwing him under a bus.

It gives me not much pleasure in saying I was bang on the money in my assessment of Southgate.

And no one got to see my knackers either, which is a win.

cytrax and Treble like this.
  20. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Yeh I was worried for all of us there Chief <laugh>

He's gone on holiday with Sancho apparently so looks like the op happening after he comes back which likely means he misses pre-season and probably the start of the season. Makes it even worse that he went to the Euros as he could've had it done weeks ago and been ready for the start of the season.