1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I was thinking the exact same thing, but didn't want to drudge up the whole Ole tactics thing again. There's a reason he plays better for France and played better for Juventus and it's as you say.

The worst thing won't be that Pogba leaves for free, the worst thing will be that he leaves and absolutely smashes it at another club. What will that say?

Having said that, I think there have been times when Ole has got it right and with Sancho and the right defence, he'll give him more free reign?

Diego likes this.
  2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

All I ever hear is what a fkin player like Pogba needs. Fk that sht! How about what the team needs? We've had four years of Pogba under two managers and the outcome is always about what we know he is capable of but in reality we rarely see it consistently. It is the same story year in, year out. On a regular match day, you can almost guarantee an average match day performance from him with the exceptions that leave you wondering.

GlazerF puts it best... Commitment and consistency! We get neither from Pogba. If Pogba is so good, why did it take Fernandez to come in for him to start playing better? He was given the role to be the creator and roam free on many occasions before Fernandez came in but it never worked out. Why is anyone thinking that somehow the last twelve months of his contract is going to be any different?

This is a man that constantly disrespected the club in the media and allows his fat fkin agent to run his mouth on his behalf. Why in the hell would anyone want him around if we truly care about the team? This truly puzzles me.

Get rid of him and continue to build the team around players with genuine passion for this club, and appreciate the honour bestowed upon them to be playing for the club with the skills to match.

It really was a mistake not selling him two years ago.

glazerfodder likes this.
  3. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The relationship is broken. It doesn't matter if he scores 50 goals with 50 assists for PSG, he clearly is not at the right club with us. That's the only reality that matters. Consequently, it would be better to sell him, use the money to buy commitment and consistency and move from there.

Regarding his form for France...
    Linderlof plays like a monster for Sweden. I don't see anyone making the case that he should be number one defender at United. So do many players at the international level. Why is the case any different with Pogba? We need to judge each player within context of demands and environments of club and country.

Sell the pig already!

Last edited: Jul 22, 2021
    glazerfodder likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Would anyone entertain a swap deal of Van De Beek for Griezmann?

5. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Yep <ok>

Treble likes this.
  6. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

That lad was grafting through the Euros. I don't think any forward worked harder than him in the tournament.

He was quality at Atletico Madrid as well.

He'll need a haircut though. Not having that vidal sassoon ponytail **** no way.

Diego likes this.
  7. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

So looks like we're in a stand off with Real Madrid over the price of Varane. They want £50m and we're only prepared to pay £40m. Tbh I hope we stick to our guns here.

Firstly because Real Madrid are ****s. And secondly because Real Madrid are ****s.

They're fcked anyway. Riddled with debt and a player in the last year of his contract who wants to play for United and can sign a pre-contract with us come December. So fck 'em.

I think the fact we didn't entertain Sancho's fee ultimatum by Dortmund last year and then bought him for £30m less a year later will also not be lost on Real Madrid. If it's a game of chicken they want then they lose.

I hope we've got another CB in mind though as a backup if we don't end up signing Varane this transfer window.

cytrax and Diego like this.
  8. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Atletico have an amazing record in producing/finding strikers. doesn't seem to matter who the manager is they just keep coming up with talent year after year.

See how many you can name from the last 15 years or so, it might surprise you <laugh>

9. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Forlan, Torres, Falcao? Villa, Diego Costa, Griezmann

Bloody hell. Not bad.

10. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You missed a couple but you get the point <laugh>

Treble likes this.

11. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Pretty sure Forlan had already played for United by the time he went to Atletico.

They hardly discovered him!

Unless discovering him scoring goals at Villarreal after a spell at United counts?

Treble likes this.
  12. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Not a case of discovery Chief, more a case of getting the best out of strikers.

glazerfodder likes this.
  13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh>

14. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Anyway, back to the original question, not sure I would.

Is it even a possibility first?

But, if we are to 'get rid' of the pig that is Pogba, we'd need to keep hold of Donny just in case, surely?

15. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Word is now out that a massive contract offer was made to Mr. Pogba which he rejected.

Sell the pig already!

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Word on the street don't cut it fella, i would be committing murder locally if it did.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Well, it's all over the papers and I imagine you do read them, Diego. Com'on brah! lol

18. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Going back to this, it does seem very likely Pogba will now be sold.

Shame, as I think he'd have had a good season with us an now someone else will benefit. At least that beneficiary is PSG though, a mickey mouse club in mickey mouse league, rather than it be Real. He'll piss that league, where he doesn't have to put 100% in every game.

We need to keep Donny as a result.

Would definitely like to see Griezeman added as a striker though, (especially with City now buying big to bolster up front) is there no one else we can offer them? Fred maybe?

We should also just pay the extra £10 million for Varane, get the deal done.

Treble likes this.
  19. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I agree with most of that except that I feel we should've been planning on Pogba leaving with a replacement and on a backup if Varane doesn't work out in this transfer window. And maybe for once, we are, who knows.

There's something about paying Real Madrid the extra £10m that does grate considering how we've handled the Sancho deal which worked out in the end. There's others we're interested in including Pau Torres maybe we should consider and then still bring in Varane in a year?

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

Pogba does need replacing, yeah. Any idea that we don't need him is wrong to be absolutely honest, he's an excellent player when firing.

It could be that DVDB steps out of the shadows? Maybe not of course, not sure who that replacement would be otherwise.

Camavinga looks a good prospect. Saul Niguez is also top class.

Not Reuben Neves though. Like replacing a Beamer with a Kia ffs.