1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<laugh>

It's incredible they even think up this ****! Not surprising. What an unscrupulous bunch of shysters Barca and Real are <laugh>

2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I wonder if City are finding some way to cheat/bribe/pay off someone in order to take on Messi's wage?

Probably regret spunking £100 million on Grealish now, eh?

Although I'm sure they can find (make up) someone in Abu Dhabi to sponsor their corner flags for a couple of seasons.

Treble, glazerfodder and cytrax like this.
  3. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

As you can imagine, the sport forums/news outlets here are going mental on the back of this news. The real heart of the story is that Messi has nowhere to go - having shelled out on Greedyish and with half an eye on Kane - what do City do next? Do they go for Messi and dump Kane at the altar ..................so embarrassing, so hilarious.

I

4. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It is hilarious! They actually paid £100m for Grealish. He must be just like Messi!

Kane is probably nervous right about now as well.

Even Pogba is now going to be in the limbo because PSG is most likely in for Messi now as one of the very few viable options left on the table.

Sorry to bring this back to Pogba, but this is exactly why I think he’s a little knt. He’s playing a losing game not signing that £50m contract that should never have been offered at such rate.

I would love City to buy them all and then get wasted next season.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  5. glazerfodder

Interesting take on the Messi saga here today. Sources are claiming that Barca had no intention of signing Messi on a new deal, they were colluding with La Liga officials to ensure they (La Liga) received billions in investment funds from venture capitalists CVC. CVC would likely not have made the investment had they known that Messi was leaving, after all, he is pretty much the star attraction of La Liga. Strange that Barca announce Messi is leaving the day after the deal with CVC is signed. Barca will receive €200 million of that investment, enough to sort out their financial problems, but not enough to have kept Messi even on his reduced deal, so they can keep some of the players they were reportedly trying to sell..

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

This is so rotten and disgusting!

7. glazerfodder

They have literally **** dumped on their star player just to balance the books. Strange how they managed to sign Depay, Garcia and Aguero for massive signing on fees and wages but find themselves 'unable' to honour their contract with Messi. They wanted him out and his wages off the books, simple as that. Disgusting behaviour from a disgusting and corrupt club.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

The domino effect of Messi is going to be fascinating...

With Messi likely going to PSG, and with Barca and Real almost broke for the foreseeable future as we are led to believe, Pogba will be left with very little option than to return to Turin. But are they going to pay anything close to what United has offered? I very much doubt that.

He will then be forced to sign a new deal with us to secure his future earnings and released a statement about how it was never in doubt that wanted to "spend the rest of his career at United. blah blah blah nonsense!"

If Messi ends up at City, then Kane stays at Spurs and I imagine that PSG would come for Pogba. If Pogba goes and no City out of the equation for Kane, I guess we could put in a low ball offer to Levy pig as he wouldn't want to keep an unhappy player that will never be able to command the same transfer fee after this season because he would be turning 29 years old.

Then there's the Chelsea option for Messi, Kane goes to City, Lukaku stays in Inter which means no sell-on fee for us and Pogba goes to PSG.

Messi holds the key to so many outcomes for the rest of this transfer window.

9. glazerfodder

Paper talk that we're looking to offload martial to Inter for £50m as Lukaku's replacement. He's had more than enough time to push on but he hasn't, he's the same sulking, moody sod and I'd say get rid. We have three of four who can cover his position until Rashford returns and the money will allow us to strengthen in midfield.

cytrax likes this.
  10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I'm not so sure we do. The Europa Final highlighted that massively. Whilst I've criticised him in the past I think we should keep him... for this season.

And does anyone think we're signing anyone else? I don't. I think that's it we're done.

11. glazerfodder

With the likes of Amad, James, Elanga and Shoretire I would imagine that we have plenty of cover until Rashford is back In October. With Cavani through the middle with Greenwood/Sancho on the other side I reckon we'll manage.

As for other signings, it seems to depend on Pogba - if he goes we seem to have a few irons in the fire as decent replacements, if he stays, as might be the case if PSG splurge their FFP on Messi, then I can see us going for Tripper just to challenge Wan Bissaka..

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

So we start with James on the left?

It's 0-0 against Burnley parking the bus, with 10 mins to go. We bring on Shoretire?

Doesn't fill me with much confidence tbh.

I've posted this before but with Sancho combined with Cavani, Bruno and Pogba, then Martial will find more space on the left and then we might finally get to see the best of him. I also think he'll relish playing them 4. Might even bring a smile to his face who knows!

13. glazerfodder

Its only as cover for Rashford - we could even play Greenwood on the right and have Sancho play a few weeks on the left - thats where he played much of his time in the Bundesliga

cytrax likes this.
  14. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I’d rather get Greenwood playing up front over Martial and Amad starting too. Elanga is another player that plays more naturally up front.

I’ve liked Martial over the years when he’s able to bring his top game. Unfortunately for me, I think he’s best position is on the left but do we play him over Rashford? I don’t think so. But with Sancho in the squad, we are more than covered for left as Sancho played there all season last year.

If we are able to get £50m for Martial, I think it would be good business and give him a fresh start and allow us to try something new.

glazerfodder likes this.
  15. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I was just making that point about Sancho on the left.

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I just don't see why you'd want to put the squad in that position? Where you're having to cover a position which you otherwise wouldn't need to.

For £50m that'll be doing nothing sitting in a bank.

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I’d personally rather see Amad and others that never had decent opportunity get more game time this season than Martial holding them back. He had his chance, let them get theirs given we already know what Martial is about.

glazerfodder likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Keeping Martial doesn't mean they won't.

And getting rid of Martial won't mean they will.

19. glazerfodder

Deep.

Treble likes this.
  20. glazerfodder

That's that, Messi has signed on which absolutely means that PSG, at least, won't be making a bid for Pogba in this window. We cannot allow this ****ing contract saga to continue - he either signs an extension or he is sold - to whoever and for whatever we can get - no holding out for money that isn't out there, just sell him on..