1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Do you honestly think we're buying anyone? Trippier and Camavinga aren't happening - not this transfer window anyway. It's all gone quiet, not a sniff.

We shouldn't be selling anyone now.

2. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It’s not even a simple matter selling Pogba. It’s been confronted with the reality that you can’t sell a player that no one wants to buy.

That statement is definitely deeper than Treble’s Martial statement lol.

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's not that deep mate. You'll always find a club to buy him. Problem is you won't get very much. Especially when a) they know you're trying to offload, and b) he only has one yr left on his contract. Try negotiating anything on that <laugh>

cytrax likes this.
  4. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Its a 10p listing weekend on eBay - get him and Jones listed asap.

Not too concerned about Tripper tbh - having seen Dalot play the other day we don't need him. He has learnt some of the dark defensive arts in Italy and really looks the part. If he can play like that week in, week out, he might even edge out Wan Bissaka, particularly as he is so useful in the final third. Should be interesting

5. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I always liked Dalot. I prefer him attacking wise more than defensively though. Think he's good going forward.

Amad going out on loan. So much for that extra cover. Lets be honest Ole loves Martial so he's not going anywhere anyway.

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

I’m fine with Amad going out on loan and keeping Martial. But there is no point keeping all those players on the books when they can’t play. We spent almost £40m on Amad for crying out loud.

I hope he impresses on loan and come back to have an impact.

7. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Fascinating watching PSG scrambling to get Messi and then having to sell others. I actually don't think that it will end well for them as they chase Champions League.

8. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Reading BBC predictions for the new season with most of their experts either on City or Chelsea bandwagon. With City, I understand! But I don’t get why Chelsea are all of a sudden favourites over us. I can only imagine that most of them see one weak link which I think is Ole.

However, I’m rooting for the manager to better manage the challenges this season and hoping that the lessons from last year can really propel us this year. In my opinion, we truly have one of the best teams in the league. Execution has been our weakness but I am hopefully that it will becomes our strength this year.

9. glazerfodder

1) Where is Amad going on loan, I can't see any word of it anywhere.....

2) I'm liking the rhetoric from Ole - he's not looking to hide, he's up front saying it's down to the new squad to deliver - he realises that any and all excuses about needing 2 or 3 more signings are a thing of the past. He's been backed to the hilt by the Glazers both in terms of new signings and his own contract - now it's time to stand and deliver.

Diego likes this.
  10. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Ex-players are already saying that they are concerned we need 1 or 2 more players to be competitive. I honestly don't know where the line is drawn in constantly having to depend on buying players. 2 new solid additions and people are still complaining that it isn't going to be enough to compete.

We have had Lukaku that just arrived at Chelsea and it didn't change our fortunes. Kane with Tottenham didn't get them anywhere last season. The point is that simply always looking at pinpointing players to bring in is far easier than getting a team to actually perform to the best of their ability. If we can do that consistently this season, then we should be absolutely right up there. We have one of the best squads in the land.

11. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

what do they say it’s the hope that kills you. No doubt that the squad has been improved. Sancho and Varane add to an already good team. In the past years post Fergie, players were coming in to give us a decent defence or midfield or attack and were deemed “saviours”. Huge pressure on these players who inevitably couldn’t deliver.

This is the best squad United have had post Fergie. It’s now time to deliver.

glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  12. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

13. glazerfodder

Fantastic - that's Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane for less than the price of Kane

HRH Custard VC likes this.
  14. HRH Custard VC

HRH Custard VC National Car Park Attendant

15. glazerfodder

16. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Fcking over the moon at Ronaldo coming back.

Incredible transfer window.
    Sancho, Varane, Ronaldo.

glazerfodder likes this.
  17. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'm absolutely ****ing delighted.

Will be a hell of a two seasons.

Treble likes this.
  18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

It's decent timing as well Chief. His last world cup most likely next year. He'll be giving it his all to get ready for it.

19. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I’m absolutely over the moon over Ronnie coming back to play for us. I was gutted when he left for Real Madrid and even worse when I read this morning that city were signing him after missing out on Kane.

I am happy that we are going to see him play for us in the premiership and in the CL. But forget about United challenging for the title this season. Since he joined juventus they fell away in the league and just qualified for the CL in fourth place last season.

But I couldn’t care less about the title. They say you should never go back. He is playing for United not city and I’m happy with that.

20. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

He's also want to make sure he wins something and leave a legacy.

That just how he is.

Call it ego or vanity or whatever, but it makes him a winner, which will rub off.

Got to take advantage of that and go with it. The idea that some see this is a negative is utterly baffling!

glazerfodder and Treble like this.