1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours United's ever on going rebuild , are we nearly there yet?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by Chief, Apr 3, 2019.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

Suddenly football has become a million times more exciting ;)

Treble, glazerfodder and Diego like this.
  2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

<laugh>

I love Fred, 100 percent every game, even when his game goes to **** he never stops trying or sulks.

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  3. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

It really has.

Last season was ****e. Meh on every level.

The likes of Fernandes and Cavani playing in empty stadiums, VAR, Ole tripping the narrative that we're not good enough, which proved to be ridiculously self fulfilling.

****ing up the EL final.

Not only did we go into this season with genuine optimism in front of full crowds anyway.
    Ronaldo has just upped the ante another 100%

glazerfodder likes this.
  4. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well I certainly thought so... before reading your earlier post <laugh>

Diego likes this.
  5. Christiansmith

My mind has been scrambled. My wife cannot work out what the hell happened to me this evening. I didn’t bother to explain as she wouldn’t understand in a million years. <laugh>

6. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Did you score? lol

7. Christiansmith

<cool> <ok>

cytrax likes this.
  8. Christiansmith

De Gea
    Wan-Bissaka, Varane, Maguire, Shaw
    Fred, Pogba
    Greenwood, Fernandes, Sancho
    Ronaldo

Hope that Ole knows his strongest lineup. To me the above makes sense. McTominay when he’s fit to replace or alternate with Fred. Will Ole give up the playing of both Fred and McTominay for every league game? We’ll wait and see.

Treble, cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  9. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Ronaldo going to have a field day in the prem quality is lower then when he played in it last time.

10. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

<ok> fully on board with that.

I think playing both Fred and McTominay has its place, but not the majority of game and I'd even say probably more suited to the CL than PL.

Diego likes this.

11. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Yup! I'm with that. Especially in the CL part.

I'd expect Varane to have been defensive impact than Maguire which means we should only need one defensive midfielder instead of two. Although McTominay ventures forward which I don't think gets credit for.

12. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

https://www.skysports.com/amp/footb...mier-league-despite-signing-cristiano-ronaldo - Gary Neville suggesting that Manchester United will come third this season.

Surely with this team, the only thing that makes Chelsea and City better than United is ultimately the coaching staff. On paper, I don’t buy that City and Chelsea starting eleven are somehow better than this United team. I mean, ffs, what more needs to be done to earn parity respect in expectation? Perhaps we should buy five more players before we are seen as serious contenders.

It is clear that most do not think highly of the manager. I do hope that he proves them wrong, but trailing evidence is not the best indicator of the success that we think will follow..

13. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I agree. To answer your question - we need to win the league.

Tbh had we won the Europy Final I think it would've given us more kudos among journos etc for going on to win bigger trophies and in particular the league.

14. Christiansmith

I get his point and that where I was coming from on Friday when I was posting that although United fans should be and are indeed overjoyed that CR is back they shouldn’t have any huge expectations that this would have a massive bearing on the title.

My joy to see CR with us has nothing to do with our title prospects. I am just happy to see him playing for us. Yes, he’ll probably help us win some semis and hopefully some finals (fingers crossed) but winning the premiership is about consistency and not dropping the odd points in draws against some stubborn or lucky defences. I hope I am wrong but I can’t see our title chances massively increased. In any case I wasn’t joking when I said this season I am suddenly not too bothered about the premiership title. We are in the right track and it will come sooner or later. With or without the current coaching staff.

glazerfodder likes this.
  15. Christiansmith

This. This was and is really a minor trophy. No impact on us at all and the ONLY benefit would have been that it would got these anti United journos off the coach’s back. “You’ve not win a trophy in 4 years” wouldn’t be in the headlines. It would given Ole a bit more respect from the pundits. But then they would have tried another angle. Like “In 4 years, he’s only won some minor trophy like the Europa despite spending enormous amounts”. Haters will be haters. Who cares?

glazerfodder likes this.
  16. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

Ultimately, no one has much confidence in Ole to get the best out of a team filled with talents. To even suggest that we still can't win the title with this squad is just plain absurd to me.

If I ask a straight question about Manchester United versus City, I'm sure most fans will come out and expect us to nail those fkers in. Same with Chelsea. Yet, on overall picture of the season, no one expects us to be any better than last season. In fact, many now expect us to finish even lower.

Just imagine for a minute if Sir Alex had access to this team in the last few years as the manager...

17. cytrax

cytrax Well-Known Member

It looks like Daniel James is on his way to Leeds. I’m happy with that development to trim the crowded midfield.

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

Made more likely by the fact that Dialo's loan move has fallen through due to injury.
    Could be a good injury for him and us that.

cytrax and glazerfodder like this.
  19. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Just a few short hours to get rid of Jones, Bailly, Lingard and James and to use the dosh to get Neves in from Wolves.

20. glazerfodder

glazerfodder Well-Known Member

Looks like James on his way to Leeds for £30m. Shame it didn't work out for him but he is just a one trick pony and too prone to falling over anywhere near the opposition's 18yd box.