1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread up for the Cup Oxford

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 30, 2018.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Some things never change. Argyle start the 2nd half poorly AGAIN. Songo'o's clearance is charged down and Macey lets the resulting shot under him.

Two great chances for Argyle don't go in and then Oxford score a stunner.

0-2. How did that happen?

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Bring on Taylor and Lameiras now it's to late.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well at 0-2 it's time to concentrate on the league and relegation.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Carey is playing!

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-2....Sarcevic.....67mins.

6. notDistantGreen

Lameiras on to join Taylor, Grant, Ladapo and Carey. WM formation anyone?

7. notDistantGreen

5 mins of E/T. Likely to be largely taken up by Oxford lying down.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Taylor on in the 73 minute...?
    Lameiras on in the 86 minute...?

9. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Corner...lets have it!

10. notDistantGreen

One commentator notes Argyle are playing 1:1:8. Wasting chances galore.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-2 F/T.

12. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Enjoy your tea lads...had mine early today.

13. notDistantGreen

Not sure if our roving reporter Sensible was there but sounds like a good performance in many areas thrown away by a failure to convert attacking positions into goals.

First goal conceded down to Macey again?

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I predicted unfortunately that we would lose 2-1.....but I didn't predict that Adams would keep Taylor off until the 73rd minute or that he would keep Lameiras off until it was far to late in the 86th minute....the fellow is losing the plot seriously.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lameiras will want away in January.....he can't get picked for a losing no hope team at the moment.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

sensible will be away to the pub with his mates now....demanding to be allowed to dive straight into a beer vat and drown his sorrows.

Hope Oxford don't get a plumb round three draw......:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

In the league Oxford are in the relegation fight just 5pts in front of us....and are yet to win an away match this season.....yet they've beaten us already twice this season.....why does Lameiras come on in the 86th minute.....why does Taylor have be a substitute and have to wait until the 73rd minute.

The players must be wondering why they start games with two of their main players sitting on the bench....giving Taylor just 17 minutes and Lameiras given 4 minutes before injury time....and he hit the post in that time as well.

17. notDistantGreen

Not quite like that Plym. Lameiras is a pretty player but negligible defensively. Joel Grant has been playing well and is a bigger presence physically.

Taylor is a good target man but Ladapo is pacier and has better skills on the ground. He's also been scoring for fun.

You have a point but of an see why Adams picks Taylor and Grant.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Our defence seems to be crap without Lameiras....so we can't blame him too much......and Carey didn't play left-back last season....good job he didn't give a goal away.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Adams seemed quite pleased about Argyle's performances whilst talking on GoS.....hadn't he noticed the score board at the end.

20. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We wuz robbed. Simple as that. How we went into the dressing room at half time level at nil nil is anyone's guess. We missed so many chances it was rediculous. The ball seemed to lead a charmed life and just would not go into the net. We should have been somewhere around 3 - 0 up. The second half started and disaster hit. They broke away and stuck it in against all of the run of play. Somehow they doubled that and it should not have been. We got one backwith quite a while to go but it just wouldn't go in again. What you would call one of those days.

Oxford, once they took the lead did a pretty good job of wasting most of the time they could and it wasn't pretty. They fell over, clutched any part of the body available and feigned injury. Even Mackie was at it. He fell over holding his head and indicating to the Ref it was a head injury. Their Physio came on and sorted his leg out. It became a farce at times. They moaned and moaned and did everything they could to speak to the ref and beg almost for cards. It was pathetic and awful to watch. The lino on the far side seemeed on the ball all the way through the game. He could not be faulted. The lino on the lyndhurst side couldn't raise a flag to save his life. Total rubbish as usual. The Referee was terrible as well. He booked 2 Argyle players for virtually nothing. One deserved it. However when Oxford did exactly the same thing, and I mean exactly, he spoke to the player. The only booking they got was for celebration after scoring. The Ref gave us nothing again. They somehow never seem to at Home. I am almost saying he cheated us. They should have had a minimum of 4 cards for fouls never mind over celebration. They also should have had cards for time wasting and kicking the ball away. I am fed up with the standard of refereeing in this league and they are ruining the matches I get to watch regularly. It's about time the FA stepped in and did something about it. What are the assessors doing?

We lost and we move on but I cannot see Oxford progressing further either. Hope they get what they deserve which is a league 2 draw for the next round away and they lose.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018