1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Up for the Cup v Liverpool Round 2

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Plymouth Argyle's FA Cup third round replay against Liverpool will take place on Wednesday, January 18 with a 7:45 kick-off.

Ticket prices and sales dates are due to be announced later. The club are encouraging Members and account holders to ensure that their online accounts have been activated to allow them to purchase smoothly for this game, if necessary by popping in to the ticket office.

No announcement yet as to whether the game will be televised.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Would have suited us to play on our usual Tuesday......but of course Liverpool are at Man U on Sunday....wouldn't be fair to beat a tired team.....I noticed one of their players was No 50 something.....we would have to include the tea lady and her assistant to get numbers that high.

3. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I think that at one point point they had Nos 53,54 and 55 on the pitch!

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I intend having a word with the Union of Posters about this thread. It's my job and you've oversteped the demarcation lines by starting it notdistant. Not one mention of anything that "could possibly go wrong". Just lazy posting and a shabby immitation. Shocking......

On the Liverpool board they have a thread called The Koeman's sack watch. I was afraid to look in it just in case it really was about his testicle bag. Don't bear thinking about do it.............

5. lyndhurstgreen

Apparently the clamour for tickets has started already. Several season ticket holders on PASOTI managed to buy some through their online accounts (including more than one per member) . RC at the club has tweeted to say it was just a dummy site being used for testing purposes and no tickets have been sold......though some people have been charged already..oops, surely not another slight error by the club.

6. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You're just trying to stir me up aren't you lyndhurst.

7. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

not good for the club

8. notDistantGreen

We had a phone call yesterday evening to say someone's cousin had already got tickets but there was nothing on the website. By 10 pm, the ticket page was down in some sort of maintenance mode so clearly things were being added to it.

This morning, there's a queue in operation but no information at all as to what's for sale or who can buy what. The queue kicks in BEFORE you log on, so it's quite possible I'm behind 10,000 non members who can't yet buy tickets anyway, Even I'm going to label that "shambolic".

9. notDistantGreen

Sensible

Please note new signature below. Required wording will appear on all future posts.

10. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Surely sensible, notDistant will have to pay you royalties for using that saying ?

11. notDistantGreen

It's a freeware phrase, available to all PAFC fans.

12. lyndhurstgreen

The club have decided to honour all tickets brought during the testing phase so presumably there cant have been very many. Got mine usuals this morning with only a couple of minutes wait online. Going to see if I can get a couple of more tomorrow when they go on general sale (from ticketmaster) for Mrs Lyndy and her chum (an ex season ticket holder).

13. notDistantGreen

You can't buy general sale tickets online Lyndhurst.

Tickets will go on general sale to personal or phone callers – not online – from 2pm on Wednesday, January 11. At this point, buyers will be able to buy two tickets per person –as long as they fulfill booking-history requirements. Members who have previously purchased a home Liverpool ticket will be able to buy two more tickets.

I'm in the same boat as you, have 3 for members here but want one more for a non member so I have to queue....

14. Greenarmyjoe

Another farce for sensible to enjoy :emoticon-0102-bigsm

15. lyndhurstgreen

I meant I was going to ring ticket master to get another couple-apparently they are are handling the telephone sales so should be geared up to handle high call volumes.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm just going up to the ground and will stand there in the rain with an unknown amount of other people tomorrow. I don't care how long it takes as it is just as bad sitting in a queue on the phone with stupid music being played down your ear and interupted by stupid statements every 20 seconds saying the exact same thing over and over.

17. Greenarmyjoe

Well most of Plymouth will be up there tomorrow, lot of sickies tomorrow i suspect?

I,m getting that music for our telephone service . When we set up our call centre.. its annoying and the same statement is a lot worse.. <wah><grr>

Is the game on TV as i see the Lincoln game is on Tuesday BBC so we may get on BT.. I have an offer from a company for the Hospitality for the game.. But not sure as yet.. he said the cost of the table is doubled to that on a normal match day <hug>.. i wont be paying.. :emoticon-0148-yes: well i don't blame them for hiking the price, the Ball and match sponsor is in sealed bids also.. I spoke to a company today that sponsors a few games a season and last season Sponsor Jervis, Yet they have enquired about a table and sponsor and no reply.. guess what they said when they call us for say a match game against a lesser club.. no thanks this time.. They should look after the bread and butter sponsors and i think season ticket holders should be allocated 2 tickets each.. for their loyalty, they keep the club going with the continued support. :emoticon-0150-hands

Brent is rubbing his hands at the thought of a million pounds? wonder how he will spend that.. Players in January? :emoticon-0164-cash:

18. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Yep it's on the box Joe. Kerching kerching..

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Ticket obtained and in safe place.

I was a little surprised this morning as somebody had obviously had a think about tickets and numbers etc. I left home at 9. 50am this morning and caught two buses to get to Home Park. There were 3 queues. The first one inside the carpark gate was for those who were going to have to wait for the general sale from 2pm. They were being given raffle tickets and then sent to the stand inside the ground where they would call them at the right time in herds of 50. Either that or they could go home and come back at 2pm. The second queue was for those who were picking up tickets prebooked online. This was a kiosk they had set up. Then there was the queue for season ticket holders to get tickets in person. I was back into town by 11 15am having queued and done the business. Shocked to say the least. This time my experience was not poor and I feel obliged to say so having kicked them previously. A woman was even handing out free teas.

20. notDistantGreen

Situation now completely f**ked up. Long (2 hour) queue just for raffle ticket which entitles you to come back for tickets tomorrow, if you are lucky.

I'm in but expect s further. 2 hour wait for tickets.

What could possibly go wrong?