1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Up for the Cup v Liverpool Round 2

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by notDistantGreen, Jan 9, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's just a pity they couldn't open up the Mayflower to standing again just for this one. Never going to happen but would be nice anyway.

If he wasn't possibly going to play for Argyle would he be as nice notdistant? No boy is good enough for your daughter. It's a dad thing. Thing is there is going to be a lot more resentment from people who feel they should have a ticket and knowing those who maybe shouldn't who have. What is it with Argyle and it's inability to do something simple which is sell it's product. It's not as if they have a million customers to appease.

2. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I see the additional Mayflower seats - unprotected from the elements - will be £35, no concessions, but with a free programme, drink and "pasty". I was expecting say £15 and £5 concessions considering the risk of a soaking.

At this price, the club are apparently losing money but of course that's because of the cost of installing and then removing them being spread over a single game. I'd have been inclined to leave them there until the end of the season. We have Exeter to come to Home Park, which is likely to be a sell-out, and a 6-pointer against Carlisle. If we are still up there at the end of the season, you'd expect good League gates then. If (IF) we beat Liverpool, and stranger things have happened, then we have Wolves at home on 28 Jan and who knows what afterwards.

Bizarrely, White members who have not previously bought Liverpool tickets will be entitled to purchase but as I read it, full ST holders will not. Why? Also, White members will be allowed to by 2 tickets each when they were allowed only 1 in the initial arrangements. Why?

Last edited: Jan 14, 2017
  3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Like I said notdistant, Argyle's inability to sell itself once again. How can 1800 seats cost more than they get for them? Take out the programme which costs Argyle around 30p to produce, a pasty which it costs them around £1 max to buy in and a drink which is pennies at cost. That has to leave them at least £33 a seat. Multiply that by the number because they probably will sell out and you get something like £60k. I don't buy this will lose money thing. These are basic seats that can be put up in a day.

4. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Dont bother with the seats , just stand up? I'm with you Notdistant on the fact that the seat's are being put in place, keep them in place for the remainder of the season.. A local derby in a few weeks surely will be a sell out and 20k supporters... also as we near the end of the season and still at the top, more people will come in. .surely it makes sense or can we only have these for 1 game?

5. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Both Tanner and Garita will be available for the Liverpool replay.

6. Greenarmyjoe

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Plus a bit of...:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance:emoticon-0169-dance and...:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0170-ninja as well, why not.

8. Greenarmyjoe

You doing your yoga plym? :emoticon-0170-ninja:emoticon-0172-mooni

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Positive news then. Good start to the run up.

10. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Hope you're getting your haircuts ready for the game tonight. ..can't make this one as no tickets for overseas fans, typical! Have a great night! COYG!

11. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Finally managed to snare a ticket for Mrs Lyndy, so with no 2 son en route from UNI by train it's a family outing for us. Clear skies and a cold breeze in PL3 so its going to be bleddy freezing tonight.

12. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good luck tonight lads. Don't have BT Sport so will have to watch on Twitter

13. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Only 1-0 at HT and you nearly equalised. Still in with a great chance. I tweeted a "Come on you Greeeeeeeeeeens" but it isn't showing up. So you'll have to make do with this <laugh>

allez les verts!

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

OMG. My bloody finger nails.

15. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Need some stoppage time now

16. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Damn. Great effort lads. Sorry you didn't quite make it.

sensiblegreeny likes this.
  17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Played well with the limited resources that we had.....took the game more to them in the second half....but we are desperate for some fire power up front.

Garita had one great chance in the first half....but the Liverpool defender just got something on the ball to spoil the shot.....Jervis played well and had a near miss in the second half.....I wasn't sure if the ball came off the post.....poor penalty from Origi....we didn't deserve to lose by two...so McCormick's save was justice as far as I am concerned.....to lose 1-0 over more than 180 minutes against one of the big six in the Premiership was tremendous.

Bit worried about injuries seemed to be a lot of wincing and holding muscles in the last ten minutes or so.....our squad is down to it's bare bones....good job that we have two new players that where cup tied for this match....they could be both playing Saturday.

A great Cup run and a honourable effort against a Liverpool side that scored early and contained the situation as best that they could....but not really convincing and that was down to the effort Argyle put in over two legs....well done the greens....now to concentrate on winning promotion.

PS......It looked like Carey was carrying an injury from the first half.....and I thought Songo'o also was playing through an injury as well.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
  18. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Really enjoyed that. Home Park was rocking for the whole match and I thought we were a little unlucky not to nick a goal. Jervis hit the post and garita maybe should have shot instead of trying to play Jervis in earlier on. Couldn't really pick out anyone at fault for their goal.
    Everyone played well and we actually played some pretty good football at times. The only concern is Carey, he was definitely struggling towards the end of the first half with what looked like a groin, but then seemed to run it off before being fairly immobile again towards the end of the match.
    Not much else to say except looking forward to the next match, be interesting to see how many of tonight's 17049 fans return....

19. Greenarmyjoe

Enjoyed that.. <applause><applause><ale>

20. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lucas was standing in the 'D' and furthest out and peeled around the front of the defence and basically got a free header....Luke did get a hand on it but it was already going in.....no defender went with him.....that's probably why he is a Premiership player and our lads play in division two.