1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Up for the Cup v Liverpool

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 2, 2017.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

We'd have comfortably taken twice that if the tickets were available despite the awkward scheduling. We'll do our best and thanks for the best wishes, we all want to put one over on the PL don't we!

Enjoyed the game (although not necessarily the result) against your lot on Boxing Day BTW. They came and gave it a go unlike some who are intent on just parking the bus.

Rocky blue army likes this.
  2. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

There's always hope in the fa cup I remember a few seasons ago Chelsea were flying high and Bradford went to Stamford Bridge and battered them .good luck hope you do our division proud

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Your wishes are accepted Rocky.....thank you.....if they play their second string players you never know what might happen.....they do have two big away games in the following week.....the won't be risking injury to their star players on Sunday.

4. Rocky blue army

Rocky blue army Well-Known Member

Shall I put a pound or 2 on Plymouth then <cheers>

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 6, 2017
  5. notDistantGreen

They are all predicting an Argyle win except me. I'm bottom of the Prediction League but I'd keep your money in your pocket!

Put it on Trump for next year's Nobel Peace Prize. More likely I think.

Rocky blue army likes this.
  6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

No.....don't want to scare the scousers before kick-off....:rolleyes:.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You bleddy lightweights. Get your money on Rocky you know it makes sense.................:1980_boogie_down:

If we had the tickets I suspect we might have taken 15000. I know plenty who would have gone if they could have gotten the tickets. You would have been 4 extra notdistant but for the sake of getting one more.

There is a story on the beeb football site today featuring our Tommy Tynan. He got signed for Liverpool as a lad but never actually played for them. What I would give to have somebody like him now up front. I wet my appetite tonight by watching the televised match West Ham v Man City. What a load of rubbish West Ham were. Embarrassing for them and half their support disappeared part way through the second half. Don't blame them to be honest.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Man City would be good for our next round 4 game...away of course.....I don't think West Ham where that bad sensible...it's just that Man City wouldn't let them play with the same ball.....and the rules don't allow you to have two balls on the pitch.....on second thoughts I doubt if City would have let them have the second ball either.

9. notDistantGreen

Yes, not being able to get the 4th ticket was a deal breaker - and it's unfortunate as he's been to at least a dozen games with us during this season and last... Ah well!

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

As I wasn't going and said as much guess who was a popular bunny for a while as a season ticket holder...................yep me. I was asked by 4 different people if I could oblige.

11. notDistantGreen

Same here: I haven't obliged. It was tempting though as it was kids that go to school with my daughter or younger ones at the school where my better half works but by that time, non members were able to buy so it was too late really.

Slightly interesting situation as my daughter's boyfriend had initially declared he was (I hope) a Liverpool "fan". Since then, we've got him into the Argyle fold and he's no training with the Argyle juniors. He's coming around to watch the game on TV on the strict condition he remembers whose house he's in!

12. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

You should make him take you to the Pub notdistant. If he has designs then he should get his grovelling in early. The fact he sounds quite young is not relevant. He can give you his pocket money to go to the bar.

13. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Just checking in from my Northern powerhouse; well, No 1's gaff in Manchester. Up at 7 tomorrow, drive to Metro station, tram to Piccadilly, train from Piccadilly to L'pool lime street and then bus to Anfield. What could possibly go wrong. Hoping to be at the ground by 1130 to soak up the atmosphere and eat pie.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Your battery goes flat overnight...boom boom.

Why didn't you take a pasty with you lyndhurst? They'd think that was quick exotic up that way.

15. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

They don't know what pasties are up North..

16. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

A cracker joke ?
    I will be up at 5.30am to watch the Argyle Game...i could record it but want to watch it the same time as you Guys..

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Don't be silly BC I won't be watching it at 5 .30am......................

Have you changed your crowd size yet on the prediction thread? I did put a clue on there for you. The capacity at Anfield is about 54000 so you are bound to be wrong with your 60000.

18. notDistantGreen

He's 14......................

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

As a father you cannot show mercy notdistant. Take all of his pocket money mind not just some of it. Lessons in life are invaluable and you will be doing him a favour. He will also learn that nothing comes cheap.

20. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

All corrected Tks.