1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Up for the Cup versus Newport

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 1, 2016.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Well the draw is on.. when is the replay? We will beat them away we have a good away record..

2. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Shown live too at a later date...

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The Newport C replay has been re-scheduled for Wed Dec 21st and will be shown live on BBC Sport.

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Think that's BT Sport plym rather than BBC. Not sure that's a good thing or bad thing. At least there will be a bit of revenue from the TV money I suppose. I'd rather get it over and done with personally. With Christmas and New Year in between that replay and the next round it is going to make it a bit tighter for those that want to go to Anfield. Although as it's closer if Newport get there the travel won't be as bad a problem to organise. If Argyle manage it then I hope they sort it out a lot better than the Wembley trip. Ticketmaster was a bleddy joke if you hadn't got your membership email up to date and tickets will take time to arrive over the Christmas period. Much better if you can go to the club, get a ticket and a seat on something.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Your right sensible....my mistake.....I can actually get BT Sport through my internet provider for free....I just haven't bothered to sign up for it....there's enough football to watch without it....not that Mrs Plym would be excited about more sport on telly.

A delay until the 21st might mean a stronger team available for us with injuries clearing up....not to be playing them next Tuesday could be good....especially if we get tonked by Doncaster on Saturday.....of course if we beat Doncaster it would have been a good time to have played on the 13th.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I read that there are only 3,000 spaces for away fans at Anfield. Maybe more will be made available for the FA Cup?

7. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Their website says that that can be increased for cup ties.

8. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Looking at the 'football ground guide' the away stand will probably hold 5.5/6K if gave us both tiers.
    Remember in the old days the Kop was handed over to house big followings.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Can't remember the exact numbers but believe there was about 11000 at Arsenal a few years back. Don't think we are going to get that many tickets this time around.

10. Greenarmyjoe

I thought for the Fa cup it was a 20% allocation for the away fans..

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Well if that is the case...Liverpool capacity...54,074.....20% = 10,814.

12. Greenarmyjoe

Yep i think it could be that as i went to Arse hole opps :emoticon-0136-giggl arsenal i meant.. and we took about 12k.. there capacity is about 660K

13. Greenarmyjoe

Plym i am wrong its 15% approx 8k allocation??

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Not sure I'd want to go although a big bit of me would be regretting it on the day if I didn't. I'm not going to think about it though as we aren't there by a long way yet. We could do 8000 easily. Having a season ticket has it's advantages sometimes so at least I'd have a choice.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Here is something to make you smile. I posted something on the Liverpool board and just went on there to check any replies. According to one of thier posters the match with Liverpool, whoever it is, will play them on Sunday 8th January with a 1 .30pm k.o.. If that is us you would either have to go up the day before and stay or leave home around 3/4am on the day. Cheers TV people.

16. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Ok no problem.....that will be 8,111 greens allowed.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Liverpool tie even more lucrative to win at Newport now.... being live on BT Sport on Sunday 8th January at 1330.

18. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I think this thread should be allowed to die lest it offends the Gods of Football. Doncaster at home is far enough ahead to think....

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

There is a lot of chat going on about Newport's ground not being usable by the weather being a factor on the night.

If it was cancelled it could jeopardise both that game and the Liverpool game not being live on TV.... and cost a small fortune in lost revenue from not being televised.

There is one Rugby match scheduled for four days before the match....that could churn it up a tad.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've been reading that as well and I don't see why Argyle should be made to potentially suffer because another side in their league can't get their ground together. This has been going on with Newport for season after season and still nothing much is done. If a team can't fullfil it's fixtures it's normal to kick it out of the league. It seems though that not providing a suitable venue for a game to happen is ok. I know Newport can't help if it rains but they can or rather could have done something about their pitch a long time ago.