1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Up next, the Wombles!

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Apr 13, 2021.

1. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Oh my good gracious, we are just trying to give goals away!

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

3. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Triple substitution. Sears for Drinan, Bennetts for Edwards, Dozzell for Judge.

Andre's first contribution is a free kick that doesn't clear the first man, so no improvement on Judge's dead balls, which were also mostly to the first man.

4. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Norwood misses an easy header

5. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Even San Marino don't pass the ball backwards as often as we do.

6. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

This is going well.

7. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Simple attack ends in another goal for Wimbledon. Chambers and Dozzell with no tackle allowing the pass to the right for an easy finish.

8. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think this is our play off hopes done and dusted. I would like to see Cook start to nail his colours to the mast with who’s staying and going.

9. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

There are so many to get rid of he wouldn't have enough to field a full squad!

Buckyohare likes this.
  10. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Absolute ****in' garbage from these players. Is this supposed to be a professional football team because there are amateur teams with more ability to play what is in essence, a fairly simple game.

Downes is the only one that didn't make a mistake today and the only player worth retaining out of those that played.
    Strikers offside, midfielders who pass backwards and defenders who can't pass forwards is a terrible mix

Nothing positive from today except Downes

11. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

We don't seem to have the new manager bounce in the games so far. Seems PL was doing a stand up job!

itfcptc and fieldmarshall like this.
  12. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Bricks don't bounce and that's what our players are, nothing more interesting than regular ol' house bricks.

Spanish likes this.
  13. Redruth

Redruth Well-Known Member

h

How can we be continually so cr*p. There was almost a bizarre bit of sado machasim in seeing that third goal go in.

14. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

Time to drop that starting 11, bar downs, amd play the fringe and U23's. What an absolute pile of sh1t.
    Im absolutely fuming, and none of those players should ever put the proud shirt on again.....

Redruth likes this.
  15. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Very interesting post match interview from PC stating he doesn’t trust the players. This season is now over, would definitely be giving fringe players such as Dobra & Mcgavin some game time. “Senior” pros have had their chance and are simply not good enough. 1st thing new owners need to install is a revolving door as there must be a mass of comings & goings within the playing squad this summer

16. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Don't agree with the call for a bunch of U23s to be brought in.
    I've heard Tristan Nydam's recent interviews and he made it pretty clear that there is a huge gulf between U23 and first team football. People who say that it can't be much worse are way off. There could be some absolute tonkings if we bin all of the first team. That's probably why Dozzell and Bishop aren't as good as they could be. Played too long in the U23S and now can't handle the hustle of men's footie.

It wouldn't be good for the development in my opinion unless the only thing you're expecting to gain from throwing them in is first team minutes under the belt.

Nuggets and itfcptc like this.
  17. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I can’t understand all the praise for Downes. He’s as much if not more to blame than some of the other players over the last few years and tonight we’ve got thumped 3-0.

18. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

Too bloody angry to say anything but bollocks !!

Nuggets likes this.
  19. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Like I said before, it doesn't take much to stand out in this team and Flynn was the only one who played a competitive game of football today. You may not rate him that much so the rest must be diabolical if Downes was the best of a bad bunch.

20. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

Like how I didn't throw Lambert under the bus I'm not going to throw the players under either, for all our collective failures there doesn't appear to be a lack of effort, collectively we're not strong enough and for me 90% of where we sit today with a poor team is down to our still biggest single shareholder, Marcus Evans.

PC spoke about trust today and whilst its not a word I've used about this squad it sums up how I've felt about it for the past couple of years, there are so few players who a manager could trust that they could perform consistently at this level (or any level for that matter) because very few have proven that they can even before they came to us. We have had a team full of too many unproven players that you could trust can make it at this level.

Whilst I rate PC and think calls for him to go are absurd I do think he has made mistakes, infact whilst I'm pleased he is our manager over Lambert moving forwards I think he's made more mistakes than Lambert did so far and I actually think we would have been better off this season if Lambert would have stayed in charge (I am saying this with hindsight and wouldn't have predicted it to be the case) and he has had more options to chose from than Lambert had. PC has chopped and changed the team so much, including formations and even though he hasn't explicitly thrown his players under the bus, he may well of done because of what he's said for all of Lamberts BS he generally bigged his team up, PC has pretty much openly said the team aren't good enough and whilst that is obvious I don't think it has helped with our short term aim of getting into the playoffs.

Let's hope today is rock bottom, somehow given PCs interview I get the feeling with so many underperforming players and lots of out of contract it may not be.