1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Up Till Now....

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by Redprintt, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

??? There was no violent damage to property looting or taking away peoples livelihoods. Fights with police yes. against property no. Injuring scores less than BLM "largely peaceful" protest that did damage property. Now check that against the US BLM (are they???) protests ? Deaths destruction looting arson riots!!!

2. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

think I sort of mentioned this a while back as what might happen in general terms … once the law makes a serious mistake it will come back with wolf pack of bites .. then the arrests will lead to more violence more damage loss of livlihoods and more arrests … the vicious circle

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL …. I believe All Lives Matter … not a just a chosen few [ last creature I saved ….a caterpillar from being walked on ]

3. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

C2C8F2D9-3ACE-4C3A-AD97-43ED796341E9.jpeg

The pubs are opening next week but if you can drink from home, you should. If you can’t drink from home you can go to the pub but only for essential drinks. You should stay 2 metres apart unless you’re pissed then you can move up to 1 metre so someone can hold you up/chat you up/feel you up. Don’t get too pissed though as you need to stay alert but if you do get too pissed, use your drunken aggression to beat the virus.. There will also be a round of applause for all bar staff at 2am every day to make up for the pittance they earn.
    Stay safe

Angelicnumber16 and BCFCRob like this.
  4. Reliant Robin TC2

Reliant Robin TC2 Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, not in this day and age! 25 Police officers injured last night in a "largely peaceful" (!) street party which barely hits the news!! I ****ing despair!!

5. Red Alert

Red Alert Well-Known Member

Ex police predicting large scale disorder across the Country. Talking about criminal element behind BLM !!!

Sky cuts off ex police chief for criticising BLM saying they want to destabilise society!!!

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
  6. oneforthebristolcity

oneforthebristolcity Well-Known Member

Had that been the other way around, Hell would have broken out by the media.....we are being mugged off..

7. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

And yet it's the same media who have put anti-immigration and often anti-Muslim rhetoric on the front pages of newspapers every other day for 25 years.

Just like the politicians, they can print what they like, and are rarely held accountable.

8. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Media alters. It evolves. It is not the media of twenty five years ago. I will use that word again, it is less liberal - There is a intolerance of freedom of thought.

The BBC is meant to be impartial. It is anything but, it has a left wing one world view where diversity must prevail, but diversity of thought doesn't. Emily Maitlis anti-Dominic Cummings rhetoric was disgraceful, but she has been almost mute regarding BLM's behaviour regarding Covid-19 guidelines, bias beyond eye swivelling bias.

9. RedorDead

What’s everyone’s view on Liverpool fans, Bournemouth beach and Ogmore-by-Sea?

10. oneforthebristolcity

Although wrong under the current guidelines, I think it's known as trying to enjoy themselves....what I didn't see was mobs of people creating havoc, smashing up police cars, throwing missiles, looting, rioting etc......

11. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

And in equal measure, they constantly give a platform for the absolute gutter journalism that is Guido Fawkes, getting Nigel Farage on every single programme possible for years despite never being elected as an MP, the continued employment of Andrew Neil, Laura Kuenssberg not even hiding her pro-Tory views in the last election...

You have studies demonstrating that Question Time have a constantly left-wing bias on the panel and you have equally reputable studies demonstrating that Question Time has a constantly right-wing bias on the panel!

I don't disagree about your diversity comment but the reality of the BBC is that it is biased at times, and probably swings from left to right and back again in doing so. Everyone thinks the BBC is biased towards the other side, which says it all really.

12. johngalleyfan2

problem is with a lot more work places starting up again people are looking to go back to work and a lot have to send their kids to school next week [ comment on local news regarding why they parents and kids were playing sardines! at a beauty spot]
    whats happening at ogmore by sea? Guess LPool fans had a party!

ALL CREATURES GREAT AND SMALL …. I believe All Lives Matter … not a just a chosen few [ last creature I saved ….a caterpillar from being walked on ]

13. RedorDead

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  14. oneforthebristolcity

Redprintt likes this.
  15. RedorDead

So the video they are showing of Ogmore where it looks like a scene from Braveheart is “they are making more of it than there really was” is ok? There are more videos where you can see the fighting but the media are not showing them.
    When ever you get a big crowd you are always going to have some bad uns in there. The trouble with BLM protest was because of lock down it took people from all colours an excuse to say they are going out. And with that you was going to bring out the bad uns hiding behind a movement to cause trouble. And being a small minority carry’s more press than the 99% peaceful people. As was it was in the 70’s to early 90’s with football fans. We weren’t all hooligans but the stigma stuck that some people outside football saw us.

From what I saw of the statue coming down, was a lot of white people doing it, but it is perceived as blacks doing it. And that to me is part of what I believe is the issue with what is wrong. People are quick to say it was a black person as they don’t think whites cause trouble as much. When deep down we all know regardless of skin colour if your bad your bad. And that to me is what I believe BLM should be about as in we are all equally good as in we are all equally bad so we should all be treated the same. Which unfortunately we are not.
    All lives matter, but only when all lives are treated the same.

My issue with the BLM and all the rest of things like the crowds on beaches, parks, Brixton parties and Liverpool celebrating is we are in a pandemic.

One other note is Ogmore is the Vale of Glamorgan and we are not allowed to travel more than 5 miles in Wales. So if everyone there lived less than 5 miles away I would wear a gas head shirt for a day.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
  16. Oldsparkey

Oldsparkey Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

ROD - my house is in the background of headline main photo between Newton and Wig Fach - just thought you'd like to know. :emoticon-0105-wink:

The Ogmore side of the estuary where the shot was taken toward Porthcawl is in the Vale of Glamorgan, but the other side of the river (Merthyr Mawr) falls under Bridgend CBC. It's about a 2 mile walk directly across the dunes, beach and estuary for me if you take a chance and wade across the rivermouth at low tide.

Far safer to track upstream on the Merthyr Mawr Estates side to Ogmore Castle and cross on the stepping stones. It'll add a couple of miles to your walk but it's a beautiful area and there's a nice pint in the old Pelican Inn once you've crossed. <ok>

Wasn't there though, and TBH, knew nothing about it until Beeb Wales reported it. Being serious, it was a mindless gathering the likes of which provides short term euphoria for those attending, but future heartache for others as a result of their selfish indulgence.

RedorDead likes this.
  17. johngalleyfan2

it is lemming mentality.. it is very difficult to get a balance right .. do you say a couple of weeks in advance "lifting this that or the other" or wait till a few before? With things like shops etc it is necessary to give advance warning.
    There will always be a lower mentality that believes "it is going to be alright in X days time so I am going to beat the crowds"
    I have noticed the death rate seems to climbing higher? WE DO NOT REALLY KNOW the daily infected/tested/hospitalized/ dead except that only about 300 or so were on ventilators … but almost double that number have died!!!! which is around 1/3 / 1/4 of those in hospital on MONDAY …… THE WEEKLY FIGURE to follow the trend should have been hovering around or below 100 [ daily! ] it has been above 150

18. johngalleyfan2

the idiots black white yellow of those 4 or 5 areas [ Brixton etc ] are certainly not doing any favours to their cause / causes. The demented erjit's smashing the police car with a table leg certainly did absolutely no favours to the BLM cause.. most of the sane world has seen it and will condemn it and likely question the motives of "[ protest ] groups" .. or reason that being tarred with the same brush being white black yellow or whatever colour is not someone "you would like in society" and in the extreme cause heavier handed treatment as you are wary of what might be capable ….by possible perpetrators …
    reading between the lines the person interviewed " about the street party" intimated" the police should stay away …. like a police free zone!

oneforthebristolcity likes this.
  19. oneforthebristolcity

I agree with you to be honest...but to me the BLM movement is creating more of a divide than a coming together, the way many have gone about it has put a bad taste in my mouth, them being allowed to vandalise statues, terrorise our police and creating havoc..this according to the majority of the media, is acceptable for the cause..
    The likes of AJ coming out with that Black people shouldn't buy from white, Lewis Hamilton giving his approval of the statue being dumped into the harbour is a hypocrisy from how they've made their fortunes.......
    IN my opinion. one day of protests would have been enough which would have delivered the message........ what it's done is to create unrest throughout the Country and the USA .
    "All lives matter, but only when all lives are treated the same".........THIS will NEVER HAPPEN in all walks of life..not possible mate!

please log in to view this image

20. Cliftonville

Cliftonville Well-Known Member

Its not equal measure. Question time regularly features people from the radical left wing. Far right? Nutcase Nick Griffin once.

I have never seen any study that demonstrates Question time has ever had any right bias consistently. It had a massively lop sided anti Brexit bias confirmed by a institute of economic affairs study.

As a Labour voter I can see that the BBC is biased. It should be impartial. Its own Director general admitted it had a extreme left wing bias. The BBC has now hired an executive (with left wing and remain views!) to review its impartiality, perhaps due to a growing feeling that the BBC could be defunded because of bias.

Robin Aitken a eminent former BBC journalist states there are few euro sceptic or Conservative academics at the BBC.

John Humphrys
    - https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...ft-wing-liberal-today-programme-a9114711.html

Diversity should mean diversity of thought. The Tories are in power. The Country voted leave. More Farages should be on the BBC. Conservatives should be better and proportionally represented.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    Red Alert and Redprintt like this.