1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

US Election

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by brb, Aug 13, 2020.

?

Who will win?..

1. Biden

18.3%
  2. Bobby D

45.0%
  3. Tobes

1.7%
  4. China, China, China

6.7%
  5. Trump

8.3%
  6. Russia

6.7%
  7. Dominic Cummings

3.3%
  8. Other

10.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

The good ones don't, anyway.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.
  2. Solid_Air 2

Solid_Air 2 Well-Known Member

<laugh>

3. brb

brb CR250

Nope. But as much has I hate to say it, he's tearing the prosecutions evidence to shreds, so it becomes who do you want to believe Dr Tobin or me. All they have to do is create doubt. Although hastening to add, the prosecution still get chance to grill this guy yet.

4. brb

brb CR250

or trying to I should say.

5. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

A white Saffer with form for backing the cops in exactly the same sort of case........mmmmmmm. Who didn’t take part in the autopsy and there’s no evidence of exhaust fume gases from the actual autopsy.

https://wtop.com/maryland/2021/04/m...ct-of-lawsuit-to-testify-in-chauvins-defense/

brb likes this.
  6. brb

brb CR250

Yep. It's clear to me he's full of bullshite. I think the defence have finished with their clown now, so they've gone to lunch, therefore will be the prosecution turn once they come back.

Tobes likes this.
  7. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Tbh I find this kind of **** just as obscene as the man who knelt on Floyds neck. A professional of some standing who’s prepared to sell his arse and defile his profession in order to put forward the only narrative that gets Chauvin off the murder charge. He’s doing so knowingly and wilfully, why? I’d suggest his heritage gives us a clue.

brb likes this.
  8. brb

brb CR250

As we saw under the Trump presidency, there are a lot of middle aged+ American white males that have what I suspect are far right leanings. In that they believe in white supremacy, either openly or subconsciously. Part of which I believe led to the death of George Floyd, something that is engrained throughout their police forces and subsequent training, especially in veteran cops. What don't help is they are also trained to apprehend anyone at ALL cost, so for every move a suspect makes, the police are allowed to apply additional force. If you commit a traffic offence in the UK, or a minor misdemeanour, you get a ticket, whereas if you live in the US and happen to be black, you get a bullet or a knee to the neck, it's proper fooked up.

Lovearsenalcock and Tobes like this.
  9. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Exactly mate. We’re talking about a nation who still had an apartheid system within the current lifespan of many of their populous. They’ve come a long way since, but the idea that systemic racism has been overcome is for the birds. But the entire BLM message was just Marxists or something.

brb likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

Prosecution has started on this muppet...

First exchange, Dr do you think as an expert witness, you should be objective, fair and impartial...

You shouldn't cherry pick, you shouldn't try and confuse the jury.... this is going to be fun <laugh>

Tobes likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

White saffer being cross examined by black prosecution guy...

please log in to view this image

12. brb

brb CR250

please log in to view this image

BobbyD likes this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

End of that witness and another day.

Overall, the witness was a stubborn fooker and was never going to accept the prosecution version of events. At the close the prosecution was left on two objections both sustained, not a good way to end. I think this is the first day of the trial where the defence has gained the upper hand. It's going to be down to the Jury members what version they wish to believe either that George Floyd died of low oxygen as is the case set by the prosecution or whether he died of underlying heart issues "sudden cardiac arrhythmia."

The only thing going against the prosecution is that in George Floyd's autopsy it listed heart disease as a 'contributing' cause of death (but not the main factor).

Hopefully the Jury will be led by their eyes and the video evidence of Chauvin's actions and the cries of GF, rather than the words of the defence.

The big question now is will Chauvin put himself on the stand is the risk worth the reward, experts say no. By putting yourself on the stand you risk getting a higher charge rather than a lessor one.

Me personally it was cold blooded murder and for whatever reason on that day, Chauvin went complete psycho. Maybe his uniform and the two new cadets gave him some form of empowerment. I think Tao's silence throughout the murder is proof in my eyes, that he was never going to challenge Chauvin's actions on the day, Tao knew Chauvin better than any of them, was his own silence fear of the consequences of speaking out.

Treble likes this.
  14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I can't see them putting Chauvin on the stand. Very little reward against a massive risk of him coming across either as a complete **** or being stumped by some sharp questioning (despite any rehearsals).

Any other defence witnesses?

brb likes this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

Yeah another witness tomorrow, no idea who, but I assume it's for the defence again and they said there wouldn't be enough time for them to take the stand today.

They were expecting Friday to be the last day, then both prosecution and defence sum up on Monday.

Treble likes this.
  16. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

My own view, partly cynical I'll admit, is that Chauvin will receive a hefty sentence whether for manslaughter or murder.

Now my personal opinion is that he is a despicable thug that probably got away with his violent tendencies for years because of the uniform ... and what he did to GF was both sickening and barbaric and has no place in a modern free world... but the main reason that the book will be thrown at him is political ... the Biden administration needs it and it will be a further swipe at 'Trump's America' ... whilst an olive branch to black America with a second term in mind (probably not for Joe) even that far ahead ...

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I doubt a manslaughter verdict, even with a hefty sentence, will be enough - for those who not only see it as a blatant act of cold-blooded murder, but also a wider systemic problem within the U.S. police force as a whole. They want a clear message which will instigate change.

Btw I'm waiting for Chauvin to try on the glove and show it was too small <whistle>

Big Ern likes this.
  18. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

People - especially black males - in the US are **** scared of the cops mate. With good reason. Hence starting to panic when pulled over is far from an unusual reaction.

brb and Lovearsenalcock like this.
  19. brb

brb CR250

Something that has been noticable with a lot of these shootings, in that they follow generally minor misdemeanours, something I highlighted yesterday would just get you a ticket in the UK.

It's been said in the George Floyd trial, a fake $20 bill falls into that category, taking out the fact he didn't even know it was fake.

Anyhow they've been chatting on TV about the most recent shooting of Daunte Wright, an attorney has said today, that there had been an agreement some while back in that state/county whatever, that cops would not arrest people who have warrants outstanding for minor offences.

It was agreed that all that would happen is that they would remind the person, there is an outstanding warrant and the cops are to do nothing more, than issue them with a ticket, requesting they report to the cop shop.

I've said in previous shootings of individuals, why the fook are the cops chasing them, generally they are not a danger to anyone, and if need be just take the keys and impound the vehicle until they show up at court. If they run, let them run, where they going to run to, home!

Way better than constantly playing out the wild west on the streets, killing people.

BobbyD and Archers Road like this.
  20. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Yeah, apparently there is similar talk in some States, about not having police stop motorists for minor traffic offences, which can be dealt with by CCTV recording the offence, then sending a fine straight to the motorist's address.

But what does that say about the confidence State authorities have in the relationship between the police and the public?

brb likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.