1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread UTD v some team that we will LOSE against

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by HRH Custard VC, Dec 11, 2015.

1. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

You won't have Me defend the indefensible. I was just referring to the point about so called weak teams.

2. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

I would leave that bit out, we have had many, many humiliating exits from that :emoticon-0100-smile

Treble likes this.
  3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Apologies Christian, I thought you were UIR for a minute.

BTW I posted on another thread that we need to get away from the amount spent and look instead at the players brought in. Money doesn't equate to success or good football, it's the players you bring in. And imo the players are bloody good. On that basis, we should be doing better.

4. UnitedinRed

UnitedinRed Well-Known Member

Of course he's not at fault for now. He is at fault in many ways for our slump. Dragged the club down. Way down. Now were recovering, with obsticals

Its going to be time to bring up the Moyes posts soon. Because there's a whole lot of interesting stuff there from some posters who shall remain nameless, but seem tlnhave 'flipped' as you out it.

Also one from someone who told me when van Gaal came in they would treat him like I did Moyes to see if I liked it..... Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Exciting times ahead.

Interesting how peoples views change. My own included.

5. Christiansmith

Christiansmith Well-Known Member

I cannot disagree.

I am not being defeatist or have sudden developed a loser mentality because of LVG.

Let's say I am a bit more patient than most here as I've seen the teams of several managers BEFORE fergie. And I can tell you they made you into a very patient fan <whistle>

6. UnitedinRed

Nah he's leaving, PSG think he's a bit **** too. And they play on aa near a mature league.

I will give the tea room a call tomorrow and see what's cracking.

7. UnitedinRed

Indeed we should.

8. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Well I remember the era of Big Ron very well and I'd have his football every day of the week to the muck this fella is serving up. Patience is evident in all United fans I know. But this isnt about that, it's about the manner and style in which we approach our games. It's been evident for a year now that this is Van Gaal's style and approach and it is cumbersome, dated and cowardly football. You and I can be as patient as we want but it won't be changing, and the players are already beginning to show they've lost confidence.

9. Swarbs

Swarbs Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Before my time, but didn't Big Ron get us in the top four every season and win a couple of FA Cups too?

Just shows how much the game has changed as that would probably be deemed a success now.

Treble likes this.
  10. Stan

Stan Stalker

No shame in admitting you were/are wrong. We've all been mistaken about managers/players etc. Your refusal to admit any misjudgements and your catalogue of, quite frankly, comedy excuses to try and support your argument/LVG is what has made you a laughing stock.

bulletinthehead likes this.

11. UnitedinRed

The sad thing is, a number of posters give credit and criticise the team/manager which is correct. Others simply lose it and criticise him.

If you paid attention you would see van Gaals not getting an easy ride off anyone on here.

12. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

As opposed to LvG who was going mental on the touch line all game?

How in the hell can one season with Moyes in charge have caused this? <laugh>

13. UnitedinRed

Well, you've seen it.

Your man AVB had a similar effect that took a while to replicate. Shattered the confidence throughout the club. You masked it with a few cups but until Jose came back and had a full season to resettle, you felt the effects.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Aye he did. And I'd take the swagger of his unpredictable attacking football over the dull tripe we're being served up these days. Bloody hell, it may have been frustrating never quite getting the better of our rivals in them days, but it was a damn sight more exciting. I remember I was genuinely gutted when he went. It was like Kennedy being shot, I can still remember where I was when I heard.

15. UnitedinRed

Did you want Fergie gone in the early years?

16. Stan

Stan Stalker

I was discussing this with my son yesterday. I can't recall any other PL manager who never left his seat during a game. LVG was on the touchline for Holland in the 2014 World Cup but now he just sits there looking miserable with Giggs and the other bloke also looking miserable next to him. I know that the manager's instructions from the touchline during a game have limited impact, but they do have some impact and their presence influences the officials, the opposition manager, the crowd etc and at this level fine margins make a difference, but it's all just a bit too scientific. There's no passion.

17. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Not really, I was too young to want any manager gone. But he was always going to have to work hard to make me like him more than Atkinson. That's just the way it was.

18. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

Big Ron had passion <whistle>

Van Gaal reminds me of Sven in that way. He sat on the touchline while England's best players underperformed playing clueless pedestrian football. Sounds familiar.

19. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

If you are too young to have an opinion on the early Fergie years then I will assume you don't remember too much about The Doc. He played real balls out football, we only knew how to kick/pass the ball forward in those days, great to watch :grin:

20. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Good to see a few games have some how defined our season <cheers>