1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread V portsmouth-just back

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by lyndhurstgreen, Apr 6, 2015.

1. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Family outing to Fratton park on a sunny bank holiday what could possibly go wrong?

Battled through the BH traffic to get parked up by 1.45 which justified the earlier than necessary start (according to both sons) Wife's first away match (mainly to stop her feeling left out!).

A good and loud following of the green army and we were really up for it by kick off. Unfortunately the same cant be said for the players..... To be fair we had the better of the first half and carved out three decent chances and should probably have converted at least one. For some reason we were reluctant to shoot whilst at the other end we resorted to hoofball- perhaps this was due to the starting of Ansah instead of allessandra- whatever, it didn't work and numerous balls went no where near an Argyle player. Still, 0-0 at half time and i would have taken that before KO. Early minutes of the second half and the defense went missing resulting in a well taken goal against. Very few real chances for Argyle before Pompey were two up and it appeared that it was game over. But, an outstanding volley from Lee and the introduction of Allessandra allowed Argyle to absolutely batter Portsmouth for the last 10 mins-corner after corner and we really should have equalized from one, but the header went inches wide and Pompey saw the match out- but not before Curtis Nelson collected has second yellow on trotted off down the tunnel- he had a poor game by his standards but I suspect he picked up a knock in the first half.

Too many players had off days, T H-D and Bobby Reid were particularly poor and Jones was nowhere near where he was on friday. No one impressed and I struggle to pick a MOTM - maybe in the absence of anyone I would give it to Reuben Reid.

Hey ho, all is not lost, looks like 2 out of 5 for 6th and 7th and the goal difference is still worth a point. double home header coming up-probably need to win both.....

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks for the report lyndhurst. Is this the start of the bowing out with a whimper this season? We are definately into a must win the next 2 and that is disappointing.

I listened to this one on the radio which is a change to my norm. I did so because it was sunny and I was outside and now wish I hadn't. I'm going back to the computer from now on as we never do well when I listen as I've said before. The game did sound as you describe it lyndhurst so no surprises there.

3. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Lyndy........you need a strong heart to follow this lot......twist of the knife having to do a detour to get home.....it never rains unless it pours when you lose.

4. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Always thought that a point would have been a good day there but to lose! This league is very interesting indeed, if we get to the final then hope we meet Exeter as will probably draw a near full house. Whatever the outcome there will be a decent payout for both clubs.

5. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I would not fancy the journey home from that one and if Exeter get into the playoffs then it can be assumed we won't be there anyway.