1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread v Wolves

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darren Peacock’s Ponytail, Oct 19, 2019.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

See?

Munson. likes this.
  2. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

it hasn't even got bad yet mate ! another 3 games and we will have been laughed at by villa fans again and be 4 to 6 points off safety

3. Southerner

Southerner Active Member

Disappointed but not devastated. Looking forward to the return of Hayden and Ritchie next week. Really not sure who will play alongside Hayden, but I doubt it will be Longstaff. Seems to me that Gayle must play.
    More threat from dead ball situations, more threatening crosses, and someone in the penalty area who can take chances.
    Onwards and upwards.

4. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Steve Bruce needs to ****ing do one. I don’t mind a manager claiming he’s in a difficult situation but he’s so SO far out of depth he’s making a fool of himself.

it’s like he’s watching a programme and he wants something to happen: but it doesn’t. He’s the director and the players are basically lambs.

Joelinton is no better than Joselu and we have spent 40 million on him. Wtf?

Munson. likes this.
  5. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

hayden is ****e he gets lorded for doing **** all … hayden and matty in the middle **** that … tbh we're ****ed anyway we will lose our nest 3 games and vill afans will have piss taking banners again down there for when they have beaten us

6. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

joselu was miles better he could actually get into scoring positions,pass the ball and run

bruce is taking us down and it's getting worse fast ! 3 more games and te **** will really settle in at villa

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  7. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

We've hit rock bottom if people are looking forward to seeing Hayden back. Just fold the club and be done with it

Albert's Chip Shop and Munson. like this.
  8. Prince Isak (GG)

Agreed. I would honestly rather play Gayle.

Munson. likes this.
  9. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

me too hes better player in all areas

16 million for rondon would have kept us up this season

Prince Isak (GG) likes this.
  10. Prince Isak (GG)

Absolutely he was a beast of a player and modest to. He just knocked his pan in. He got us fans. Wished we kept him and rafa. Oh the heartbreak.

Munson. likes this.

11. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

mike Ashley has once again struck and i think he's a sociopath

12. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Is this the same Rondon who had only played 7 of 14 games in China scoring just 2 goals?

Warmir Pouchov and Southerner like this.
  13. Doc.

Doc. Well-Known Member

the one that could score goals with his head his feet and hold up the ball well yes.... oh and score free kicks

14. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don’t think he does either - buts its great to watch.

15. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

Watched the whole of this game. Thought we were okay in the first half and then seemed to go into lethargic, can't find a man mode in the 2nd. Contrary to what is being said on here I cannot believe that this was down to Bruce instructions at half time.

Its fairly normal in the last 5mins of a half to tell the players to keep it tight. To be honest I am not sure why managers do that - maybe they prepare their half time speech around then and don't want to have to change it. Really doesn't make a difference when you concede - they all count the same.

We were lucky to get a point by the end with 10men so not too disappointed but we could easily have got all 3. Wolves clearly changed it around at half time and we didn't seem to be able to cope. A lot more emphasis on attacking down the flanks which caused problems, particularly for Willems, as St Maximin is not really going to help from that position, and the 3rd centre back should have moved over to assist. Almiron did such a good job on the right that Yedlin was hardly ever exposed and was even able to get forward more.

Thought there were good performances from Sean Longstaff, Almiron, Fernandez, Lascelles and St Maximin. Willems had a good first half but was woefully exposed in the 2nd.

Think the Longstaff sending off was actually correct - he did get the ball but caught the man afterwards. he certainly wasn't in control of the tackle which I think is the defeinition of a card now. Pity though because he holds our midfield together. His brother while a willing runner does not yet have the composure on the ball that he has.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  16. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Spot on in my opinion.

Wolves saw two flaws in our side and in the second half focused in on that. ASM is both unwilling or more likely incapable of supporting the defence, and he is prone to losing possession.

I still have A bad taste in my mouth because we could have held on for a undeserved but scrappy win. In my opinion, goalkeepers of Dubravkas supposed level should recognise when to just do nothing. But what can you do.

JakartaToon likes this.
  17. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

I was looking at their goal too and thinking if only he had left it Yedlin would have cleared. It was a dangerous ball in but no one was going to get on the end of it.

18. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Struggling to disagree with Jak. Feel physically sick to be honest. Longstaff knew and I think its worse than that to be honest. He deliberately left his foot and actually shoved into the player. It was a weird thing to do and made me think has he had one left on him at some stage? When he got up he knew he was gone. I went made at the ground but when I saw last night, fair enough really under the rules.

If I was Guardiola I'd sign Fernandez up on the cheap tomorrow. The lad is cracking centre half. Willems exposed him to Traore a little too much late on but aside from that he was solid again. The ball in is the best cross you'll see all season. Half volley right out on the touchline actually having to hook the ball from behind him as it runs away from the box.

Have to say I know he had a poor second half yesterday, but I could see Willems becoming a cult hero. There are glaring faults in his game. His slowness to react is a big downside. The thing I love though is I think the bloke may be a bit touched. I bet he is an eccentric ****er who wears crazy clothes etc. I could see him abroad in a pair of bermuda shorts with a set of dress shoes and white sports socks. He is a just a bit different. Saint-Maximin could be special with the right coach. You give that lad to Pep Guardiola I think you'd see him polish a diamond. Bruce? Hmm not sure.

JakartaToon likes this.
  19. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Is there another Longstaff in the family who can fill in for Sean alongside Matty?

If not, and if fit, i'd be tempted to drop Schar alongside Matty in midfield...I reckon he'd do a ****ing cracking job of breaking up play in midfield and having the odd foraging run forward. I'd rather that than Hayden, Shelvey or Ki if I'm honest. Bruce won't have the balls for that tho.

20. JakartaToon

Forum Moderator

You know you must be wrong when Pouchy shares your opinion. Its almost as soul-destroying as finding CC agrees with you although the chances of that happening are pretty small. Half the time he can’t agree with himself.