1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread v Wolves

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Darren Peacock’s Ponytail, Oct 19, 2019.

1. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

Think he might agree with you on that like!

JakartaToon likes this.
  2. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

First half was the best 45 of football I think we've played this season, kept the ball well, countered with speed, defended as a team, really good - second half was dire ****e. Said it last week, I said it about Rafa last year and I'll say it again:

Substitutions - it can't be difficult for managers to see what the rest of us see surly? ASM great going forwards but doesn't offer Willems any cover - especially late in the second half when he tires, Ritchie would do a great job out there in terms of tracking back and being a handful when he's fit so hopefully he can be an option shortly as I don't think Brucey see's anyone on the bench to come in and give us an outlet like ASM but tbh I don't think he offers enought. Again I'd have hooked Willems as well earlier for a full back Manquillo or Dummett. As others say why did we wait 80 mins to make a change when the second half was obviously getting away from us? Gayle for Joelinton, ASM for a winger/FB to get fresh legs on and help protect the lead, Willems for another FB - all these subs should have been made before they scored.

Silver linings are Matty Longstaff will stay in the team now next to Hayden next weekend so more valuable experience for him, Sean will learn from the red card - was 100% correct decision. Bruce is one game closer to leaving.

Strange to think that out of our 8 goals scored in 11 games so far I believe that our 3 most expensive ever players have scored one and assisted none...

Flash and JakartaToon like this.
  3. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member

4. Rudekid

Rudekid Well-Known Member