1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

VAR is garbage

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Roland Deschain, Apr 24, 2021.

1. Roland Deschain

Roland Deschain Well-Known Member

Just get rid of it. The world wants old football back, level playing fields and human errors are infinitely better than badly written rules by faceless twits in Stockley Park.

2. Dr Van Helsing

Dr Van Helsing Well-Known Member

Don't get rid entirely, but if there's someone a yard offside intervene.. Its too precise and too involved.

It has removed a lot of injustice in the game

3. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Darren Peacock’s Ponytail Well-Known Member

Think I was the only one on here who said no to technology.

All technology should be scrapped.

11 humans v 11 humans

Several humans officiating

4. LiamO

LiamO Well-Known Member

11 humans v 10 humans and Joe ****ing Linton.

5. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

He's the main man

6. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

He's useless

Surely Wilson will play and he won't

Munson. and Flash like this.
  7. Dr Van Helsing

I have decided to finally yield to you and accept Joelinton will never be good enough.

Ben 10 likes this.
  8. AgentofAlnwick

AgentofAlnwick Well-Known Member

Yes. The technology is fine. The problem is the implementation - officials, laws and parameters.

9. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Technology is good, it can work.

It's the unbelievable ****wits working on it right now, the ****ing idiocy in checking literal pixels to find an offside. When someone commits a foul or is genuinely offside, sometimes they don't actually check it because cba who cares.

Then there's absolutely no consistency in decisions, which is what VAR was meant to help with, instead it's somehow made it actually worse. Again, the faceless bellends are just complete ****ing nerds who probably don't even watch footy.

TBH, I'd rather we scrap the "main" referee being on the pitch and have the "main" referee being planted at a monitor he is trained to use and letting him check things. The physical guy on the pitch can be a secondary referee, not in charge of knee jerk decisions.

Also, ffs, give them a microphone. **** these ratbag footballers covering their mouths.

Munson. and Ben 10 like this.
  10. Ben 10

Ben 10 Well-Known Member

I'm scratching my head and bollocks still with the Wilson 1. So if he's handled it, he's pushed before that. Most blatant push you'll ever see. Why's it not a pen?

Is VAR just there to help out certain teams, or is it just absolute idiots running it?

11. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I'm not sure about the push yet, but as far as the handball is concerned VAR worked fine yesterday, just as it did for us against Spurs earlier in the season when we got that last minute penalty (when there was also a push in the back by us before the handball). The problem is the handball rules are now stupid. It isn't all the referees fault.They can only implement the rules that are written. There have been inconsistencies, but under current rules the ref had no choice for Wilson's goal, and that is crazy.

12. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Technology is **** in football.

Let people play

13. Dr Van Helsing

If he went down they'd still not have given it..

I personally can see why it was disallowed... Its sadly the rule...

14. Dorty Dogbreath

Dorty Dogbreath keeper of the glow

The West Ham red card yesterday was a shocker of a decision by the ref after consulting VAR. The ref's need to make a stand.

15. Geordieginola

Geordieginola Well-Known Member

I think VAR is giving the referees a problem. If it’s clear and obvious (I’m not talking about the disallowed goal as under the rules it was the right call) fine.

It’s the ones where VAR have said erm ok we think there is something mr referee. But we want you to make the decision.

It puts the referee in a bad position because he gets to see what VAR want him to and then he effectively flips a coin. If it’s a coin toss decision then imo his original decision should stand!

16. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

Everyone hates it and it's ruining football, especially the "they're advising the ref to go to the TV and decide for himself".... Like in the 2018 world Cup final where their was a penalty shout that they stopped to analyse for 10 minutes before giving it.

The rules contradict each other and every weekend there's a stupid decision in at least one game. Get rid.

magpie290761 likes this.
  17. Delusional Full Stop

Delusional Full Stop Here to serve all your counselling needs.
    Forum Moderator

VAR to me is fine. The problem lies with how poorly the Laws are written, the morons using it and the method of using it.

magpie290761 likes this.
  18. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail

Technology is ****

Get rid of all of it

19. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Well I hate to say I told you so, but I did. Aside from goal line technology which is quick/efficient, the rest of this malarkey just needs ditched. Last season it was "patience, give it a chance to bed in". Well I've tried that, turns out its getting worse and is utter ****.

This was so ****ing obvious if you watch other sports like rugby, cricket, tennis who are able to use it. The reason it works for them is exactly the reason its a complete failure in football. Football isn't as black and white, there are several moving parts in any particular moment. So you're still a sucker to human error. The only difference is you now get a big delay, and you also remove a massive portion of passion for the game. Absolute enjoyment killer.

No excuses now, get rid. Its not necessary. All we need is to respect officials and their decisions. Accept the rough with the smooth as we have for over 100 successful years. The boffins got their day in the sun and got burnt to a crisp. **** VAR. Absolute farce. People never worked out, its still a human decision and therefore subject to the same human error. It improves very marginally because you have time, but there are still mistakes. Are the delays/downside worth the reward? Absolutely not.

20. Darren Peacock’s Ponytail