1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Vardy to Chelsea rumours

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN, Aug 23, 2017.

1. MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN

MARTIN IS BACK AGAIN Active Member

If true ...... very worrying
    his head could be turned - also the abuse his wife got during the Arsenal rumours last summer could swing it.

**** .... the sooner this transfer window shuts the better

2. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Already talking about it on the transfers thread - no need for it's own thread until something actually happens.

3. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

Drinkwater looks like he is actually off if you believe the Mirror...

4. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

Pretty sure we won't be letting Vardy leave ... think we might sell Drinky if we get close to £40m ... but would then expect to bring in another quality midfield ... Adrian Silva perhaps? ... Matty James and Ndidi are starting to gel too ... also thought Mendy was very neat and tidy when he came on yesterday ...

5. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Mendy is off to Atalanta on loan

6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Can't see us agreeing to sell Mahrez, Drinkwater and Vardy one bit. Apparently all linked with Chelsea too. Coincidence that Chelsea have had a mixed start and getting a bit desperate and suddenly all linked?

7. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Drinkwater to Chelsea has been going on since last season and Mahrez stated his intentions loud and clear weeks ago.

Vardy is a new one and can't see us letting him go unless he asks for a move and unfortunately I can see it happening if Chelsea make a bid - only reason he isn't an Arsenal player is that Arsene couldn't promise him first team football. As Chelsea are getting rid of Costa and Conte doesn't don't rate Batshuayi, they have no other #9s so can offer that to him - Morata is a #10.

Out of the three we will miss Vardy the most - Slimani showed character yesterday so hopefully he can carry it on if the worst happens.

8. JohnTheFox

If there's no release clauses though I just can't see us sanctioning all 3. One maybe, two unlikely (unless a good replacement is lined up I.e Silva for Drinky) but not 3. Put it this way, Vardy had the opportunity to go to Arsenal and refused for whatever the reason, first team football as you say or style of play. Maybe he'd go to Chelsea if we accepted a bid but can you see him kicking off and asking to go? I really can't, he is happy. There's a difference between someone going if we let him to if we don't accept. If he was chasing more money he'd have gone last season and Arsenal last summer looked a good bet for year after year CL football

9. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

If Chelsea made a bid now I can see him kicking off and asking to go - remember we aren't in Champions League this season while they are and I also remember that his missus saying she wants to move to London when Arsenal were after him and getting lots of undeserved grief from our fans.

Arsenal's treatment of Lucas Perez and that they only qualified for the Europa Cup shows he made an excellent decision not going there.

10. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I can see him kicking off and asking to go - remember that we aren't in the Champions League this season so can't offer him that and that his wife admitted that she wants to move to London last season and got really undeserved flak from our "fans".

Vardy did really good not joining Arsenal seeing their treatment of his replacement Lucas Perez and that they are in the Europa Cup this season.

The difference when compared to the prospective Mahrez and Drinkwater transfers is that we don't have a ready replacement - with Drinkwater, we are solid as you have mentioned and with Mahrez, it seems like my worried about our lack of creativity aren't shared by the club. Can see us slapping a £50m+ pricetag and Batshuayi being part of the deal.

11. leicester_ed

leicester_ed Well-Known Member

I think we'd simply say no

12. JohnTheFox

We're showing with Mahrez we won't be bullied now which is good though. You're right that we don't have CL but I few Vardy's Mrs would have been happy for him to move last year and it was his decision to stay. I personally see no reason it's change this year even though granted he'd probably go if we openly let him. We'll see I guess, all about opinions which is what it's about and I'm sure even you hope you're wrong on it haha. I just can't see us ruining everything by letting them all go in the last week of the window wen we've proven we are ****e at getting players in in a timely manner (Maguire excluded)

13. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

Top has said that anyone that wants to leave can do but we are going to set the price as per Mahrez.

If Vardy doesn't say he wants to go, he is not going end of.

14. JohnTheFox

That's what I mean. I don't think he'd push it if the club don't accept an offer

15. BigFox

BigFox Well-Known Member

I hope you are correct - would miss him 100x more then Drinkwater and Mahrez combined.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  16. JohnTheFox

We would. Without a doubt my favourite ever. Not just because he scored a lot of goals in the title season but where he's come from (in terms of Sheffield and his background), his attitude and style of play, everything is so old school and what's lacking in the modern game of double barrelled named princesses from academies. I don't think he forgets his roots either

nzfoxfan likes this.
  17. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

This is the reason i don't think he'll want to leave either, hes already got more money than he probably knows what to do with.

He'll be remembered for a long time as one of Leicesters best ever strikers. All depends if he wants more money, or a legacy.

JohnTheFox likes this.
  18. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

I dont think any first teamers will leave

I think Benalouane, Mendy and Musa will be moved on but thats it

Club have proved with Mahrez and Drinkwater prices that no one is leaving on the cheap

The Vardy story is bollocks.

19. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think Slimani may move on if Newcastle or Watford come in with a late bid.
    Hopefully someone will take Musa off our hands....PLEASE....someone..anyone...
    Still wary that a late deal for Mahrez will develop.
    No chance Vardy is going anywhere though.

20. JohnTheFox

Can't see him going to Everton. Hardly a big move. He does like Liverpudlians though after reading his book!