1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Barnet

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 1, 2017.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Last game before the visit to somewhere I can't quite remember for a trophy game I think. This is the last of the Christmas period games and we have to travel this time. Away to the mighty Barnet who have a reasonable record recently in the league and currently sit 10th. Form wise they have lost 2 games in the last 10 with them both coming in the last 4 games. One home and one away. We on the other hand have recovered our form for the time being having lost 3 on the trot before Christmas. So, over the last 10 games we have lost one more than Barnet but I'm not sure that's going to sway things that much. 2 games in 3 days with us having to travel for a bit for the second one might have an effect though. Wycombe was hard fought and Crawley was harder than it should have been.

Not sure what to expect for this one. Given our away form this season so far we could still win it and it would be foolish of anyone to write us off. Barnet haven't been push overs and beat us here earlier. We owe them a beating so that nobody will have done a double so far over us. The minimum I would hope for is a point from this game but am going to stick my neck out a bit and say I think we could win this. I am basing that on nothing in particular but gut feeling. What could possibly go wrong..................

2. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Half time and we are one down. Bit uneventful first half by the look of it apart from us losing. Oh well, down to second at the minute with Doncaster not winning either. Portsmouth in fron but Wycombe at 0 - 0 with Newport.

3. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Should have won this handsomely in order to be picked at Anfield......but no! LOL!

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

1-0 defeat....down to second.

5. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Players had the Liverpool game on their mind's?

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Sounds like poor defending for the goal and then good approach play wasted. Onward and upward but a couple of new faces would be very welcome.

7. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Comments on other sights that maybe the Liverpool match might of interfered with their commitment today....we just don't have any bite up front.

How many of our 15 wins have been easy....hardly any....there just isn't an easy match for Argyle....no coasting to a win........Exeter on the otherhand have done it quite easily at times....they are coming into contention....they play best away...and they have to come to Home Park yet.....if they start winning at home....like today.....then they become serious contenders.

8. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

No need to panic. Mr Mannering.. :eek:

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Christ plym that's a bit of a stretch from where they are and we are at the moment isn't it. I suggest we worry about the team that's fourth and not one who is 15 points away. Everytime we lose a match the doom merchants surface and pour even more gloom on it. We've lost a game. One game in 5 again. It isn't the end of the world just yet. We are still 6 points clear of the 4th placed team. It will take us losing 3 matches and them winning them all to lose the spot.