1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Birmingham

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Jan 5, 2022.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

2. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nothing wrong with saying it twice notdistant. I don't like listening on the radio being a bit superstitious because whenever I do it doesn't end well. So, am left with my computer which is ages behind reality and watching the stats for a shot on target. It was a lifetime coming but from the way the stats went it didn't seem to be a fluke. I think the Red was a second booking for handball. Not sure what his first was for but perhaps dissent. He probably told the Ref she looked nice or something. Anyway after a long wait today the right result came forth so obviously worth waiting for in the end. That gives us a shed more cash in the bank for winning and the chance of a shed load more. I either want the biggest club possible at home this time or the weakest club but still at home. If we are going to get knocked out then I do not want a mediocre championship tie away again.

3. notDistantGreen

Personally I don't link up to dodgy streaming sites, and I mean that most sincerely.

However, when you are adjacent to someone who does with an iPad, I can't look away.

We were in technical terms, ****ing brilliant. Sorry, but we were.

4. notDistantGreen

Match of the Day says the sending off was the turning point. It really wasn't: there was no turning point: we were better before and better after.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

The stats don't match their assessment do they. I have no idea if we were all over them but we certainly were on top. I've just been watching MOTD on my computer and was a bit pee'd that they just abut managed to show Argyle at all. What is it with the beeb? They hardly give us a mention on the local news. Unless we achieve something like promotion of course then they go overboard as if they have been willing it all season. Anyway who gives a flying fig about the second rate station. We won so bollox to them all. A friend of mine swears by the "dodgy box" notdistant. Personally I wouldn't even know how to get into one. If there was one showing the match though I wouldn't look away either.

6. notDistantGreen

I want to stress I don't do it.

But believe me, we were superb today. Yes, I'm excited, I know, but to tell the truth, even I'm astonished how good we were. The Green in me had me thinking from about 75 mins on that we'd lose it 1-0 due to some fluky goal conceded but we just carried carrying on.

There was about 10 mins after we scored when we looked a bit shocked at what we'd done and Birmingham got a sniff but then normal service was resumed, We spent the last 10 minutes within 5 yards of their right hand corner flag, but then, others do it us and they couldn't stop us. Jordan Garrick by the way is about as moveable as one of the brick built planters in New George Street when it comes to that.

7. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well I don't do it either but if there was one near me and I didn't have anything to watch I'd certainly have a peep. Don't worry the viewing Police aren't coming round. That green in me thing is definitely real isn't it. I was thinking exactly the same and was waiting for a score to come up an we get nothing. Being a green you just can't help it can you. I think Murphy was a janner not Irish.

8. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

I know I am biased but we were simply magnificent. 3 or 4 nil wouldn't have flattered us and I am not sure the red card made much difference -we were well on top before that . Anyone at home in round 4 please.

9. notDistantGreen

Actually I think that's a fairly accurate assessment!

You'd never gave thought we were from a division below... if anything it looked the other way around. There wasn't a player out there who was less than excellent but I think a special mention is due for James Bolton who looked like he'd been an ever present.

I hope Ryan Hardie shoulder is OK. He seems to get wounded rather than injured. First headbutts the advertising board and now he's been sat on by a defender.

10. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I visited not606 Birmingham earlier.....blimey....there's more life on the Mary Celeste then on that website.

Left a message incase something stirs amongst the cobwebs.

11. notDistantGreen

I did probe their social media: deep dissatisfaction at that club....

12. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It seems that James Wilson missed the match because of a stiff back.....so Schumacher says.