1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Blackpool

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 25, 2021.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seems like an age ago we last played this team. Opening game of the season and we won it. However, over recent weeks Blackpool have climbed the league in an impressive run of results and are now in the last play off place. But, you have to look on the bright side and say we beat them once this season so why not again. Think we have improved since day one kicked off as well. We can win this but then again any team can beat any other this season more so than normal in my opinion.

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Jephcott played just over the hour for Wales U21's on Friday afternoon.....without picking up any injuries and has joined Argyle for the game tomorrow.......probably he wont be starting.....surely not only 24hrs after playing.....he wont last the season otherwise.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Cooper, Aimson, Woods, Fornah, Edwards, Lewis. Grant, Camara, Mayor, Hardie, Ennis.

Subs
    McCormick, Reeves, Macleod, Moore, Lolos, Jephcott, Tomlinson.

Not sure of the line-up today....with Opoku serving a ban and Watts on the injury list....what system will Lowe be employing today

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Difficult to say. Could be the same as last week with a back 4 arrangement, which is probably most likely, or Fornah could drop into a back 3.

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...Hardie...12mins.

Unable to gain access to the pictures....told that an error occurred....but unable to reset.....:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

6. notDistantGreen

Well you are missing a great performance. Not much possession but defending well, apart from one misplaced pass from Edwards. At the other end, we're giving them a torrid time. Hit the woodwork twice and created numerous other half chances as well as scoring.

More of the same in the second half please.

7. notDistantGreen

The first half deserved three points but I'm afraid a mad 15 minutes from Adam Lewis at the start of the second nearly threw it all away.

First, he got sucked under a hopeful high ball down the wing, missed his header and let Blackpool in to score. Then he steps towards a ball which is already being contested by another Argyle player leaving his winger a yard of space. Having to chase him into the box, he concedes an admittedly soft penalty. The error was leaving his man, not the penalty itself.

On the last 30 minutes we got back into it and just when it looked too late, Joe Edwards timed his arrival perfectly to slide the equaliser home.

A deserved point overall but it should have been three.

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

2-2...F/T.....Kaikai 46mins...Yates 64mins...pen.........Hardie 12mins...Edwards 90+1

What a frustrating afternoon for me.....unable to get a picture until the Ref blew for half-time......then intermittent viewing with frozen pictures for second half.....yet continuous commentary in second half none stop....the only goal I saw was the penalty...thank you very much.....was it a penalty ?......saw the celebrations for the Argyle equalizer......and saw the blatant time wasting by their 'INJURED' keeper......the Ref didn't chivvy them along at all.....then the keeper went for a stroll to take a free kick...which should have been a throw in to Argyle....I cannot understand how Moore gets so much playing time.

After two weeks of good ifollow pictures...this afternoon was abysmal....and I didn't see one moment of Argyle playing well in the first half...it just two stressful at my age to enjoy....took away any satisfaction of getting a late draw.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2021
  9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Would it be possible to keep our players on the pitch at half-time.....so that they can avoid the influence of the management from deflating their promising first half performance and shipping goals for fun.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Plym. Having told you before that we have not had one problem with iFollow I can say we still haven't. However, my son's wifi went down during halftime and by the time we got it up and running again off a phone of all things it was 1 - 1. No idea who was at fault for it or how it was scored even now. Will watch Quest tonight or tomorrow to check it out. The penalty for me was more than soft I couldn't see where a foul was. We deserved something out of this and a point will do even if it was a little disappointing after the first half performance. I thought in round one we were well worth the lead and deserved to be in front. Why it was only one is a bit of a mystery. Ennis was superb and Hardie was up for it. We let it go a bit in round two although I still think we were unlucky to let two in. What is it like to get a penalty I hear you ask. So, a decent performance and not too disappointed in the end with the result. At least we aren't Accrington tonight.......

11. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Forgot to mention. Today was the least I have ever heard the name Mayor mentioned. I have to say that he probably got no more than a couple of small mentions in the first 30 minutes and I was beginning to wonder if he was playing at all. The fact we got a point away to a high flying team without his immense contribution says a lot about our performance. I am a bit back to saying get rid when it comes to Lewis again. One good game out of three is not what we need and especially when the other two involve his contribution to the opposition scoring,

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Not too impressed with Ryan Lowe's subbing.....Moore on for Camara and the struggling Adam Lewis kept on to near the end....doesn't make sense to me.

Klaidi Lolos on the bench in recent weeks....and comes on in the 89th minute.....what good is that for a young strikers confidence.

13. notDistantGreen

No problems with IFollow yesterday. Started it at 2pm and let it run untill kickoff. No buffering or interruptions at all despite my two female Argyle fans shopping online whilst supporting their club.

You'll have seen the first Blackpool goal by now so I'll let you form your own conclusions.

I blow hot & cold on Camara during each game. He does a series of good things and then gives the ball away with hopelessly optimistic passes often when there's a simpler, safer option available. By his own standards I thought he had a poor game yesterday having almost no influence. I do like Byron Moore. He's quick, does the simple things and is far happier going forward than defending, which was what was needed yesterday. It's been a long season with a small but good quality squad. Legs need resting and fresh ones brought on.

14. notDistantGreen

Just watched the highlights (no, I don't know why either). I owe Joe Edwards an apology: it was NOT his wayward pass in the first half but Sam Woods from the RB position.

Also, that's not a penalty. With Aimson coming at him from the front and Lewis hot on his heels he's got nowhere to go so their guy hangs out a leg for it and goes down. Cheating. And cheated us of two points.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

How many refs have actually played pro football....it takes one to know one.....so many obvious dives.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Didn't have the problem with iFollow notdistant it was son's wifi that let the side down. Just now watched the goal I missed yesterday. Lewis needs a kick up the arse as he ducked the ball and then fell over. Yet again he cocks up. As for the penalty I watched that again. That is so much a dive it's criminal. I could hardly see where there was any contact at all. Not going to blame Lewis for that one but I am going to blame the Blackpool cheat and the Ref for buying it. Pathetic decision but not the firwst we have been on the end of this season by a long way. I didn't think it looked like a penalty from my first view at the time and therefore give the Ref no excuse or out. Think the Refs have been generally poor this season throughout.