1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bradford

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Feb 22, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've just done a quick refresher of the latest league form for the two clubs and frankly that was a waste of time as they don't really have any. We on the other hand have a full hand of wins. Oh dear, what could possibly go wrong with it all then?

They have a new manager which might help for a start. There is often an new manager bounce. Could that be the thing that topples the greens this week or will it make no difference whatsoever. When you look at this fixture from a purely stats point of view it looks absolutely nailed on for a home win. This though is Argyle and despite the run they are on, I have never ever found life is that easy since I started supporting them. They often seem to make life difficult for themselves and let everyone down when things are seemingly on the up. I can't even say we owe them anything as we won up there. So, I'll have to resort to the FA cup and say they bleddy knocked us out so we owe them a kicking for that. Gonna be hard but I think all games are gonna be that until the end of the season now. Who is going to make a charge for the top and who is going to fall away? We can do this.

COYG

2. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Have faith, we will be in the top 6 come tomorrow 5pm :eek:

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Glorious sunny day here at Home Park where a cool breeze supplements the 6° temperature. Going for 3 layers plus PAFC scarf and hat plus padded gloves. Latter keep hands warm but render clapping silent.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Simon Church seems to have injured himself in warm up ???

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1-0 H/T... Sarcevic 34 mins.

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

1/0 F/T.....the greens go marching on.

PGFWhite likes this.
  7. notDistantGreen

Well not the most exciting game I've seen at Home Park this season but another top 10 side put through the PAFC grinder and spat out pointless.

Argyle started the stronger with territorial advantage during the first half. Nevertheless Bradford got the only clear shot on goal in the first 30 mins, albeit gathered comfortably by Matthews.

A decent referee kept his cards in his pocket after a couple of cynical trips and obstructions by Bradford and usual, Taylor won a few free kicks but was largely left to defend himself as best he could.

Argyle got a scruffy goal late in the half, which was justified by their possession and territorial superiority.

Words were clearly exchanged in the Bradford dressing room at half time and the came out stronger. Substitutions seemed to improve them further. Argyle defended stoutly but a single goal advantage made for nervous viewing despite Argyle making the clearer chances.

Late on, Bradley went down after an aerial challenge. Having not used a yellow during the preceding 85 mins, the ref consulted his lino and gave Wake a straight red for an elbow.

Another 3 points and into the playoff places. Onward and upward.

PGFWhite likes this.
  8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I see Rotherham were 1-0 down on 90 minutes....two goals in injury time saw them win 2-1....hard luck Doncaster nearly stopped their unbeaten run.

9. Greenarmyjoe

Well as predicted.. top 6.

I had an invite today in the box as a vip, gave the ticket up by my Son who is 7 monday went with a carer from DHrR they met the players and the carer had the ,meal. My son had his new argyle shirt on and thoroughly enjoyed it even with his limited mobility and vision. The invite was great from the company so i gave my ticket to DHR carer. That was his first match.. We have been given 8 tickets for 4 children and 4 carers for a match to go pitchside and this was all Through Lyndy and i am grateful for supporting these kids, I think it will be the POSH game so if you see us pop over for a chat..

PGFWhite likes this.
  10. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

A huge win over a tough side. It doesn't have to be pretty, it's the business end of the season and any 1-0 will do :emoticon-0148-yes:

11. notDistantGreen

Fantastic Joe. First of many, you've created a new Green Army member!

12. Greenarmyjoe

Yes its difficult bit apparently he had his picture with the players and pilgrim pete.. he had it last week at raiders also. so its good to get him out and involved. not easy in his wheel chair but most people are respectful.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

A big happy birthday for Monday to the lad Joe. And, a big thanks to Lyndie for the sorting out as well. Good to see.

Today's game was pretty dire for most of it comparing it to the previous few. I thought that Bradford were a fairly physical side and there was an edge to them from the start. Didn't know what to make of the Ref. He let an awful lot go but I guess he did it both ways and as long as he was prepared to then Bradford in particular were going to use that. We definately need to toughen up a bit as I said earlier on in the season. Not go as far as to be completely nasty but give as good as we get. I will say one thing for Taylor in comparison to some of the Bradford players for example. He never complains no matter what they do to him and he never retaliates. Seldom stays down unless he is hurt. In comparison the Bradford players moaned a fair bit. I do think he should have had his cards out long before he did.

There isn't much to say about the game except it was hard but the right result in the end. Bradford were not much but we huffed and puffed without being good ourselves. I think that all you can say is 3 points and bring on the next game.

14. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

A big happy birthday for Monday to the lad Joe. And, a big thanks to Lyndie for the sorting out as well. Good to see.

Today's game was pretty dire for most of it comparing it to the previous few. I thought that Bradford were a fairly physical side and there was an edge to them from the start. Didn't know what to make of the Ref. He let an awful lot go but I guess he did it both ways and as long as he was prepared to then Bradford in particular were going to use that. We definately need to toughen up a bit as I said earlier on in the season. Not go as far as to be completely nasty but give as good as we get. I will say one thing for Taylor in comparison to some of the Bradford players for example. He never complains no matter what they do to him and he never retaliates. Seldom stays down unless he is hurt. In comparison the Bradford players moaned a fair bit. I do think he should have had his cards out long before he did.

There isn't much to say about the game except it was hard but the right result in the end. Bradford were not much but we huffed and puffed without being good ourselves. I think that all you can say is 3 points and bring on the next game.

15. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

No problem Joe, was that your lad in Box 15 (Womble Bond Dickson)? if it was I was I bumped into them outside the Grandstand, and was there with his carer as we maneuvered up the corridor to get them in there.Quite a smart wheelchair/buggy . Will definitely try and see you at the posh game .
    In terms of the game, I didn't see much of it-kept getting dragged away but I don't think it was a classic- 3 points was the most important and I think we are safe now. 11 games left and we might just do something special. Players and staff buzzing. I don't really care what happens next - safe for a season and everything else is a bonus!

16. Greenarmyjoe

Yes that was him with Chris, i let chris go instead of myself.. Thanks for the help, yes cost as much as a car.. the chair, He is growing out of it so have to go this week to see about a new one, trying to get a green one.

Yes i will be at the posh game with him, and the others Thanks to you and your support. The kids love it ..

Well i hope we stay in 6 as i get the maximum points in prediction and will go straight to the front of the Que.. :emoticon-0102-bigsm

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just checked the prediction thread for end of season places. Joe you said 5th and it was lyndie who said 6th. I said 10th and I still think that is possible despite the run we are on. I did add a caveate that I would be qite happy to be wrong on the promotion front. At least we are safe now which looked out of the question a while back. And with 11 games left.

18. Greenarmyjoe

oh well me or Lyndy will be top this season.. i think we will finish strong as we are on a good run, now we are safe the pressure is off, Given the position we were in December its been a great turn around..

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

We all know where the heart is on this but I still think we could just miss out even if I now don't want us to. This run seems almost impossible to sustain. It has been the longest run I can remember since the Sturrock one days with only one blip in it. Given that was Wigan I think even that loss was almost expected anyway. It isn't a wonder that the news people and pundits are talking about us now. All we can do is take one game at a time and see where it goes. I see Lyndie has posted on another thread about not being bothered about promotion. That is if we go up the greatest expectation would be we come straight back down. So what. If we do we do. I still can't bring myself to think it would be too soon as a lot of people are spouting at the minute. It is never too soon and there is no way you could wish your club not to go up if it was remotely possible.

20. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Looking at the highlights Bradley did make a meal of the foul towards the end....not needed at HP.