1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bradford

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

2-3.....Millar....53mins.

2. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

3-3.....Ladapo.....74mins.

3. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

3-3 F/T.....Lameiras given 13 minutes plus injury time......leaking defence imitating a sieve by the read up.

Taylor on early in the 66th minute for Edwards who seemed to struggle in his first game back.

4. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

We need defenders!!

5. notDistantGreen

Our mate Rory said that if we could defend, we'd be thrashing teams!!

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Macey seems to be getting lots of criticism....but is he to blame or is it the leaky defence in front of him ?

7. notDistantGreen

Bit of both. Radio commentary made it clear that Songo'o and the back 4 (particularly centre backs) weren't doing the basics consistently.

After 2 games when there were mutterings that Macey should have done better with goals conceded, I didn't pick up anything like that today. He was criticised though for his kicking in the 2nd half. He was facing into a strong wind but his kicks balloon at the best of times. Today, into the wind, each kick needed clearance from Air Traffic Control!!

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

8. notDistantGreen

Just checked Twitter. Quite a lot of muttering about Macey, but nothing specific.

The knuckle draggers are also ganging up on Argyle legend Paul Wotton. Why? He didn't sign any of them did he?

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

="notDistantGreen, post: 12358527, member: 1010588"]Just checked Twitter. Quite a lot of muttering about Macey, but nothing specific.

The knuckle draggers are also ganging up on Argyle legend Paul Wotton. Why? He didn't sign any of them did he?

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE[/QUOTE]

I expect he is responsible for turning them into tight defensive unit.

Must be Adams top priority in January the defence.....averaging a tad over 1.9 goals a match.....over a season that equals 87.4 goals....that is a leak as big as the Victoria Falls......well nearly.....:rolleyes:...<whistle>.

10. notDistantGreen

Scoring 3 at home and getting only 1 point is just not good enough.

As our mate Rory said, scoring goals is the hard part. We are doing that quite well and should not be at the bottom of the league.

11. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Still poor really, averaging only 1.14 goals per match that's means only 52.57 goals per season.....that would roughly be minus 35 goals in a season.....relegation form.

12. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Right, I'm back from the Bar and am not that happy this evening. I am not going to criticise the forwards today because if you score 3 goals then you must have been doing something right. We created many more chances than the goals scored though and it seems to me that the ball just will not go in sometimes no matter what the players do.
    The Defence. It is an absolute shambles and getting through them was like candy from a baby as the saying goes. They were awful once again. Starting with Macey. He hasn't quite taken in the concept of making a save and actually pushing the ball away from the middle of the goa lmouth. It is no good making the save in the first place if you just present the ball to the opposition for a second or even third go. The rest of the defenders simply stood and watched on two occasions. None of them seemed towant to intervene in it. Put your bleddy foot through the ball for christ sake and clear it. Or, you can just stand there and hope somebody else does it for you. Where does Wotton come into this? Well he is supposedly the trainer of the Defence. What may I ask does he teach them to do? He needs removing as do a number of the players. I am going to excuse Songo. He was terrible today but he has been very good or good in most games previously so today was a n off day I hope. When they scored they wasted time and looked to hold onto the lead. When we scored to even it up they went into play mode again and you could almost see the next goal coming. Repeat this 3 times and you have how the game went. If Bradford had scored and gone on the attack again to cement their lead with another goal then I think they would have take the points.

Referee wasn't very good. Lino on the lyndhurst side was the one who makes gestures to the crowd behind his back. As normal he was also rubbish. He normally is. Around where I sit there were two incidents today with people having what seemed heart attacks. That's 4 now in a short time. Either that's a comment on the play we are watching or the age of the average supporter who isn't getting any younger. It's a bit nerve wracking.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2018
  13. notDistantGreen

Wotton is now Assistant Manager isn't he?

I suppose if goal scoring is the hard part, stopping them at the other end must be the easy bit. We need to get competent defenders in asap.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Is it true what I've been reading elsewhere that Ryan Taylor when he came on was playing wide left, then wide right.....surely that ain't so....isn't that a total waste of the mans best attribute as a target man who wins the ball for others to benefit from.

15. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Mace surely has to go as lets in shots to the centre of goal so many times...what's he doing propping up the post plus he cannot kick. As for Wotton surely he can do far better in sorting out the defence. ..what in the hell is he teaching them FFS!

16. notDistantGreen

No longer defensive coach I think. He stepped up to assistant manager at the start of the season.

Plym our problems aren't up front. We are leaking too many stupid goals, that's the problem. You've long wanted a 25 goal a season striker and it now looks as if we have one in Ladapo who, by the way, came to us free. Joel Grant is scoring too. We do have problems. Adams has problems. Let's not divert attention to the bits of the team that ARE doing OK.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I've watched the video a few times....and I give up....where were our back four during those goals.....Ok three of them expected Edwards to deal with the ball for the first one....wrong.

The other two could be used as a ...."guess were the defender is" competition photos....for one of them the ball moved forward into our half and there didn't seem to be one green shirt in our half at all.....and Macey quite often flaps at it and the ball ends up still central to the goal....never seems to "flap" it towards the touchline.

They shouldn't be allowed to take photos of our defence at times like that....it's just two cruel for the fans....and Christmas nearly here as well.

18. notDistantGreen

I've just watched the 10 minute highlights on iFollow. Since there's next to no dead time in there, that's probably what, a sixth of the action?

Seething.

Edwards with a horrible bungle for the first and Macey at fault for the first and the second. Dreadful defending of a nothing ball on the halfway line for the third.

Meanwhile, we're ripping them apart at the other end, scoring three of what could have been 5 or 6. Ladapo making an absolute fool of his marker for his first, first you see him, then you don'r and it's too late.......

19. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes::emoticon-0148-yes:

20. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Where Taylor stood for the kick outs was dependant on which side Macey kicked it from. It was so windy that he could not have stayed in the middle to recieve it. Other than that for me he was in the middle.

You are all simply agreeing with me about Macey and what I told you I'd seen once again. He does not push the ball away from the goal to either side. He has done this so many times now it is not worth him saving it in the first place. It is basic keeping to push it way out left or right. Having said that the Defenders standing looking at it will never be helpful.