1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bristol Rovers

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Sep 6, 2018.

1. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

You fill it in..............

COYG

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We beat big brother City....why not Rovers.....COYG's.

3. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I got fed up trying to think of something positive to write and then for it to go tits up so I thought I'd just let somebody else have a go at the positive bit. I still had to put us down for a win in the prediction league though. I just can't let my head take over on that one.

4. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Maybe i should wear my Argyle shirt to bed that way i'm half dressed for the 5am kick off

5. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Preferably shorts as well.....<yikes>.

6. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The reason for our poor form may be that I have not been drinking my matchday breakfast tea or coffee from from my Argyle mug as religiously as in previous seasons. I will put that right from tomorrow.

7. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

And Argyle socks..the Wife won't let me wear by boots..

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Lets you off with the shin pads then.

9. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

BC can we stop with all this fantasy stuff please. You are not David Mellor (now there is a name from the past).

I have an Argyle mug as well notdistant. My daughter bought it for me. It says on the side "Argyle Supporters Mug. This should not be confused with a Cup". I have cut her out of my Will.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just been reading an article on the Harold website quoting an interview with Adams. Now rightly Adams says he doesn't read fans forum type sites. I have no issue with that at all. However one comment I do take issue with is the one that says outsiders to football, that is supporters to you and me, don't understand the running of a football club which intimates their comments on tactics etc are not valid. Well the running of a club bit might well be true but their comments on things football are not often far off the mark. If I know nothing about football after supporting Argyle for more years than I care to be reminded of then that's Argyle's fault and therefore various managers for not fecking playing any. I know a bad pass when I see one. I know when a player isn't trying. I know when a players positioning is poor. I know when certain tactics aren't working and should be looked at. I know when a Ref has completely fecked up or a lino has missed an obvious decision. I recognise a decent cross or free kick and I can see when a player is playing well or a team. To dismiss supporters as the uninformed is just a professionals myth. I'm not an accountant but I can add up figures and know when something has balanced or not. I'm not a detective but I know when something isn't legal. So does Adams but he isn't either of those. Why do football professionals always seem to do this.

11. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I've seen Adams' comments about social media referred to on Twitter! I think you need to understand the nature of what's being said there to in turn understand Adams' response.

The current situation is obviously not good and it's doubly upsetting as we did this last year. Given Adams track record though it's a bit early to be calling for him to be sacked, for me anyway.

Secondly, there's a group who seem to think that all we need to do is pick Lameiras and everything will be honky dory. Well Lameiras is very skilled but he's not exactly a warrior and there's obviously something serious going on behind the scenes whether it's a loss of form or something more.

Going on from that is Adams' reluctance to be more attack minded when any fool can see the first thing we need to do is stop conceding stupid goals.

A lot of the above is pretty foul mouthed and is led by a few louts (some of whom take pride in having banning orders etc) from the old Zoo Corner area where it's wrapped up with being told to sit down etc etc. and the abuse therefore extends from Adams to Hallett and the new chairman, with whom the Zoo Corner crew apparently have history.

I understand what you are saying Sensible and of course everyone's entitled to their opinion. If it's this sort of loutish braggadocio Adams is referring to though, he has a very good point.

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

15 minutes to kick-off and still no BBC team news although teams have been announced I hear from other sources.

13. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I hope you are up and tuned in BC. And no I don't want to know what you are wearing.................

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Macey, Riley, Canavan, Edwards, Sawyer, Songo'o, Carey, Sarcevic, Ness, C Grant, Ladapo.

Subs.....Taylor, Lameiras, O'Keefe, J Grant, Letheren, Wootton.

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Looks like another slow start. Stats against building up.

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Well they got to half time in this one without conceding.

17. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-0 H/T.

18. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Looks a far performance on txt com. Don't think we'll score six or more like I dreamt last night but just get a win!

19. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Same as the first half so far it seems.

20. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Might sneak a last min goal.....