1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bristol Rovers

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Mar 19, 2019.

1. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

GoS...photo No 100.... shows Derek Adams wagging a finger at James Clarke as they walk off.....why....what happened...?

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Following the BBC stats.....Argyle were in the ascendancy for most of the match....but it shows that Rovers came into the game strongly at the end and ended up with a slight lead on statistics.....the injury time equalizer shows on the Sky video that we allowed the Rovers player too much space to put the ball into the box....his marker was drawn away by a player moving down the wing and drawing the Argyle player towards him to cover....leaving the ball player free to cross into the box.....it does seem that there was a very slight head contact by the Rovers player in the box...although there was hardly any change of direction and even so the ball might of still ended up in the net directly from the cross....we're just not tight enough in defence and end up defending deeper and deeper.....personally Bristol Rovers look a good side under Coughlan and are only one point behind us with a game in hand....lets hope not all teams below us are as good.....AFC Wimbledon's winning bubble burst yesterday and hopefully will be pegged back and stay in the relegation area now.

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

I'm positive it was a corner Sensible. I had a uninterrupted view of it, albeit that I was 60 yards away on the same side of the ground as you.

The defender was trying to hook the ball away from the line: proof in itself he thought it was going to be a corner. Instead, he carried it over the line by the length of his leg from the knee down before getting it back in play.

The linesman was slightly to the left of my eyeline. He was probably therefore the best part of 10 yards off the line he needed to be on to judge offside, never mind whether the ball had crossed the goal line. Nothing new there then

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S9

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I am almost directly opposite the line and it was just hard to see whether it was a corner or goal kick. Those around me said corner mostly though. But, the point is not which was which but the fact that the ball had gone out of play and therefore the attack would not have happened either way. I thought Pasoti would have gone mad at it but it hardly got a mention. The Lino on our side of the ground was useless. He was so far off the pace a lot of the time it was embarrassing.