1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Bristol Rovers

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 29, 2019.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

Ryan Lowe has told the Herald that "Joe Dunne called my player (Danny Mayor) a cheat, which he (Lowe) didn't like. He apologised and I apologised,"

I've seen the unexpurgated version subtitled on Twitter, which is along the lines of: someone on the Rovers bench calls Mayor a cheat. Lowe advances on them (alone) and says "Nobody calls my players f**king cheats. I'll have you behind this f**king grandstand (arms waved as an invitation to join him in the car park), don't you ever say that about my f**king players or I'll f**king do you".

No passion there obviously.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Should have been an earlier penalty before we scored as well.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

No mention of trying to take our player of the season so far out in the first 10 minutes with a double foot tackle then. Their player got a yellow rather than the red he should have had. Coincidence it was our best midfielder so far? Hmmmmm!.

4. notDistantGreen

I've now seen a second snippet in which Lowe appears to be agitating an invisible cocktail shaker in the direction of the Bristol Rovers bench with one hand while saying "anchor". Obviously inviting some of them for a a sophisticated drink in a local waterside bar after the game.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Worst of all two of them went.............

6. notDistantGreen

It wouldn't be my style personally but you can see why fans love him... dripping passion and commitment.

7. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

The dug outs are way too close together, there will always be problems...

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

They were at their ground though BC.

AWAY IN BC likes this.
  9. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

Ah yes of course. The return match i meant.

10. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Right chaps round two tomorrow and it's not really worth having another new thread for it. We have a decent enough chance of getting a result and Coughlin leaving does not enhance not lessen it one jot. I would not be surprised whichever way this goes in the end. Argyle have shown they can get a result against Bristol Rovers and in their time have also shown they can blow a chance big time. It's one of those games. I think we will be ok this time.

COYG

11. notDistantGreen

Who will he pick in the wing back positions? Cooper and Telford worked against a very weak Morecombe side but I can't imagine he'll do the same against Rovers.

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

0-1...F/T.....Toothless Argyle.

13. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

Thought it was a good show and could not finish.

14. Greenarmyjoe

not a great turn out

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Watched the video....how did we lose that.....Ryan Lowe needs to find a Ladapo type in January....someone with the ability to put the ball in the net.....forget all the fancy stuff and slick passing just needs someone who can do the most important thing of all score goals.

PS.....Ladapo scoring goals for Rotherham now.....top scorer with 11 goals plus 2 assists....just a knack he's got....it covers up a multitude of other failures he had..

16. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Several things from tonight. First one is Ladapo wanted to go so whatever else might be wrong at Argyle that was not one of them. Second is the toothless jibe followed by the "how did we lose that" post. So which one is it? Yes we failed to score although for me we did and the officials didn't give it. They were poor tonight by the way. If that was the best the FA had on a night when there was virtually no football then god help us.

Tonight simply proved to me that there really isn't a football god. We pounded them for most of the 90 minutes and they scored a fluky goal. It was one of the most entertaining games I've seen at Home Park for quite a while yet we still lost it. How is a question I will ask myself for a week or two but will not have an answer. The players should give themselves a pat on the back not a hard time. The Referee gave us nothing. I hope we never see him again.

Greenarmyjoe likes this.
  17. notDistantGreen

I watched the 90 mins live on BT Sport and have had the benefit of multiple replays of key incidents.

We were heads and shoulders the better side and nothing went for us. Although I'd like to, I don't think the phantom goal was entirely over the line or if it was, it was by such a small margin that it was hard for the officials to give it without the benefit of the technology available in the PL.

I do think we should have had a penalty in the second half when Dom Telford was brought down when about to shoot. The replays show the defender touched the ball before the man but he then continued straight through Telford's legs from behind. Anywhere else on the pitch and that's a foul these days and probably a yellow card too. No matter how rarely we say it, we had a brilliant ref and linesmen on Saturday and certainly paid the price in this one. He gave us nothing and you could see with his PL background (as a lino) he'd decided that he needed to display his "superior" skills to us commoners and not be a homer in a tinpot 2nd round replay which was not really the type of game he sees a man of his calibre in.

We were very unlucky and their keeper was brilliant but we have to work on those crosses and our shooting. We are so good in the build up but the final ball is too often wayward. The good news is that I think Mayor is getting the message and is releasing the ball a bit quicker, either in a pass or a shot.

As Sensible says, we couldn't have kept Ladapo or if we did, he'd be in a permanent super-sulk. But wouldn't he have thrived under Lowe in a way he didn't in Adams' style of football, if style is the right word?

A little bit of the right business in the transfer window and we can get promotion.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I listened to that match on BBC 5 Live and that's how it came across from the commentary....doing everything but scoring....later the video was just painful.....to be there must of been ten times worse.

I know Ladapo wanted out....but he seemed to have that bit of luck in his game even when he was playing badly......if we don't score first it seems that the strikers get no joy.....and to think we were only a penalty conversion away from winning the first meeting.

19. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Played outstanding football but that ball was over the line by about 6'' or more looking at the Herald pic. Never mind so now play the same in the league...hopefully!

20. Greenarmyjoe

I agree with the comments Not distant, i watched it on Bt , we were far better than them . The goal looked in from the angle they showed, but if it was straight view it may have looked different. The ref was useless and the Lino as he gave a coupe offsides that there tight . If we could have got a goal we could scored plenty, They defended well throwing themselves at everything and the keeper made some great stops. The football was a jot to watch for a change. We need to keep this going and the goals will surely come, Cooper had a few chances