1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread versus Burton

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Oct 17, 2018.

1. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

2. notDistantGreen

3. notDistantGreen

Adams Out brigade have got their chance to start on the usual.

4. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Burton maybe winning their first away game of the season.....:headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

5. notDistantGreen

6. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Adams desperate sends on Luke Jephcott.

7. notDistantGreen

In summary:

Dereks phone right now. #pafc

please log in to view this image

8. notDistantGreen

Nick Saunders Smith‏@Saunders_Smith 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Seen a lot of people talking about headers from set pieces... Just FYI these are the first three headed goals from set pieces #pafc have conceded. Only one other goal came directly from a set piece crossing situation, that was against Charlton.

9. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Burton before today had one away point and scored 4 away goals.....if we can't beat that we are doooomed.....Derek Adams can't carry on like this....is this the worst team in Div 1.....the table doesn't lie.

10. notDistantGreen

Phil Sloggett‏@PhilSloggett 2m2 minutes ago
    More
    Eleven points in the last 20 League One games. An absolute shambles on the pitch. Continues to make digs at the supporters and those critical of his management. Sack him. Sack him now, please! #pafc

Mark Gilbert‏@GilbsMark 3m3 minutes ago
    More
    @burtonalbionfc possibly the worst side to visit home Park In a very long time take all 3 points . Enough said #pafc

Loz Argyle‏@ArgyleLoz 6m6 minutes ago
    More
    Replying to @Only1Argyle
    Mr. Adams now must resign, we are pathetic, we are weak in defence and attack, there is no consistency, in fact we are a laughing stock, i say to my club who are my life, remove DA, thanks for the memories of course, but a change in managerial direction is now needed #pafc

Catherine ‏@Cath22Walker 1m1 minute ago
    More
    @bbcdevonsport I can no longer sit here and defend Adams! His decisions are woeful and cost is that game today without a doubt! @Only1Argyle #PAFC

Chris Worth ™®©‏@chrisworth84 33s33 seconds ago
    More
    @Only1Argyle Think its time for a Sunday board meeting, for someone to be sacked Monday morning. #adamsout #pafc

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Will be DA still the best man for the job lol.....bet Sensible is jumping and looking forward to the hearing. :steam:

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

He's lining them up with his mates down his club......send out a search part if he ain't home by 10pm.

13. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Just watched the video.....:steam:.

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Three set pieces.....three headers....three goals.

15. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Attendance dropped to 8190....and will continue with performances like this.....all happening again on Tuesday against Gillingham who drew 3-3 at high flying Doncaster after being 2-0 up.

16. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

And it's going to drop an awful lot further than that. 3 undefended set pieces. Tragic. They, that is Burton were there for the taking. They are crap. Not withstanding an awfyk Ref and lyndhurst lyno Argyle got what they utdeserved which was nothing. Adams has no clue. Took off Lareiras and put on Wylde who did about zero in contribution. All he did was bottle a challenge and the more I see him the more I think he is a con artist who fools Adams for some reason into thinking he can play football. He was even at fault for the free kick given totally uneccessarily which led to their winner. Get rid Argyle you do not need this bloke. As for Adams he has run his course. He needs to go. He is bereft of any idea on how to chage things and any thought of doing a last season is just pie in the sky. I have no faith that Adams knows what to do now andd no faith that he will produce any sort of Houdini act this time. If you cannot take the points off a team that is as rubbish as you at home when you lead twice in the game then what next.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I have just read an article in the Herald about the post match comments of Adams and I wish I had read them before the previous post. That man is a complete an utter joke of anything resembling a man. A man stands up and takes responsibility for what he is responsible for. All he has done is claim a "yobbish" section of the fans are completely out of order allegedly for shouting abuse at the man after the game. Adams are you completely and utterly stupid or do you have a brain cell that is active still? These are paying customer of your's who consider they are being completely seen off with the tripe you are producing every game. If you were a resturant you would be closed down because you wouldn't have any customers. It's only the fact that it is football and not food that the club still does any business. YOU are the reason for the shouting. YOU have demonstrated a complete lack of class not those who don't like what they are paying for. YOU blame everyone else for the situation, YOU are the one paid to put it right and the one who isn't. Stop blaming other people and wake up and smell the coffee. You won't quit because you have an etremely lucrative contract and you have no class to realise you are not performing for the wages you collect. You will continue to draw your wages for as long as you can get away with it and you will not just walk away having failed the people you are blaming for expressing their disgust at what you are doing because you want the money to walk away with. If I had failed in my job I would have been sacked without any compensation as would virtually every person employed on the Planet. You are like all the others in football who can fail as much and as often as you like and not suffer any consequences for it. Grow a pair and do the honorable thing Adams................but you won't will you.

18. AWAY IN BC

AWAY IN BC Well-Known Member

If I could write as well as you Sensible i would say the same thing.
    Never the less i was entertained in the first half I even got the time of the goal right.
    Then the Yellow shirts took advantage of the poor defending of the high ball and that was the game.
    Up next is Gillingham at least i don't have to set the alarm for it.

19. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

May I remind you all that Gillingham put FIVE past us the end of last season.....I remember it well...I was unfortunately there.

20. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I can't write anything until the alcohol takes over BC. It's the Yob in me trying to bust out.

I heard a number of people today saying they would not be turning up on Tuesday. Let face it, you are at work all day in most cases, you finish a days graft, rush home and bolt your grub down to rush to Home Park to see.....................your team perform like a load of useless crap. Why would you do that if you weren't completely mad. Because it's football is the obvious answer but even that takes a back seat eventually when doing all the arse busting to get there becomes so not worthwhile. The current form and drop in crowd must be costing Argyle a minimum of £50k per match. If there are another 15 home games this season that makes somewhere in the region of £750k lost revenue. This is assuming the crowds don't drop any further. Where does this make any economic sense not to take a smalll punt and release a few quid to get somebody in from somewhere to sort out our defence. That £750k will soon become £1m and beyond and then net season the crowds will remain low and the whole thing will knock on. It will be a travesty if the crowds go back to days of old and less than 5000 per game.